“Get a drink, enjoy the view, but eat somewhere else”
Review of Candlelight Inn

Candlelight Inn
Ranked #2 of 77 Restaurants in Clinton
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Serving lunch and dinner 7 days a week. Additional locations in Sterling and Rock Falls IL
Reviewed 1 August 2014

This ought to be a great place to eat: a nice patio overlooking a marina on the Mississippi River. The servers are nice, the drinks are certainly good -- and generously poured. But then the food. My "12 ounce" steak was one of the smallest I've seen, and it was barely 1/2 inch thick. Eight ounces at best. First one was ordered medium but it came well done. Easy to understand -- hard to cook a steak that thin medium. I sent that back, and the next one came back almost as well done, but it was edible. Veggies and rice were OK, but the steak wasn't even Ponderosa quality.

1  Thank Smudgecats
There are newer reviews for Candlelight Inn

Reviewed 31 July 2014

had dinner at the candlelight inn last Saturday night the service was not very good and food was bad ,had the pokey George , the ribs were dry the chicken was not good at all had 2 bites and I could not eat the rest , my wife had a burnt steak , way over priced for food you can get in any bar. that was the first and last time I will go there .

1  Thank hobartcycle
Reviewed 20 July 2014

SO busy on a Friday night with $2 margaritas! But the food was good & the wait staff very accommodating for 2 of the picky eaters in our group. I'd recommend sitting outside the view of the Mighty Mississippi was beautiful.

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

A group of 15 with adults & kids. We had the best waitress ever, Bree, who did a great job from start to finish. The food was delicious, the ambiance is gorgeous. I would recommend making reservations if you can. A gem for Clinton for sure!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We were visiting from New Jersey and met my son's future in-laws at this fantastic establishment. It didn't hurt that the weather that night was stellar as we sat out on the deck along the Mississippi! Drink, food and service was great!