“Ist stay...would stay again”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Clinton
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Clinton
Reviewed 16 October 2010

I saw the other reviews but I thought this place was a little pricey for my budget. Fortunately, I ran into a discount that made it more affordable for me, so I booked it. I was not disappointed. The staff was friendly. The room was very clean. I did not try the breakfast bar, but it looked to have a good selection. My room had a microwave, mircro fridge, comfortable king bed, TV, internet WI-FI, desk, couch, roomy bathroom, environmental controls, layered curtains to block light, plastic cups, plates, bowls, and plastic-ware packs with salt/pepper. It seems like they thought of everything.
The pool (I think it was a around 5ft) and work out room (3 machines) were small, but would do the job for short stay...plus a work out place is right across the street if you want to do more. The business center consisted of a computer/printer at a desk just off the lobby. Granted these amenities were small, but they fit the bill and considering it is a hotel in a small town, it was great to find lodging were these all exist at all.
There hotel is walking distance from Target, Walmart, Applebees, Office Max, and several other stores. It is only about 3-4 miles from Ashford university...enter Manufacture rd from the Target drive way and it is straight shot until you get to the left turn to park at Ashford University. It was also easy to find my way from the Moline airport.
The only detractor was the noise of the person above me and an unfortunate fire alarm one morning...on the bright side, it was good to know the fire alert system works. The staff quickly got the situation assessed and peace restored so guests could return to whatever they were doing.
Clinton seemed like a nice small town and I was there to attend an event. It was nice opportunity to step away from the hustle and bustle of my normal schedule. The front desk personnel and housekeeping staff that I encountered were all very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank CVtravel
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express & Suites Clinton

Reviewed 23 August 2009

My husband and I stayed at this hotel two nights August 21 and 22 for his high school reunion. I discovered all the rave reviews on Trip Advisor were well-founded as we checked in. The place smelled fresh and clean and had been recently painted - always a good sign. Means they want to maintain the place to a high standard. We stayed in Room 230. The room was spotless and very comfortable. Beds were soft and we each had ample pillows. Also, the soundproofing is excellent. We never heard our neighbors. To be fair, we had a corner room, but we never heard anyone in the halls or in the room next to ours.

The bathroom was very well-furnished with plenty of towels for each of us. The shower was fun because of the three different settings. There do not appear to be any treads on the shower floor to keep you from slipping, so be careful. Only one little nitpick here: the shower exhaust fan doesn't work well and took nearly 40 minutes to clear out the steam and unfog the mirror, but so what. Everything else about it was fine so I'll overlook that.

It was such a nice treat to have a nice warm breakfast waiting for us in the lobby area every morning. Quite a nice selection, too. Yoplait yogurt in several flavors, hard-boiled eggs, skim milk in little cartons, scrambled eggs or cheese omlets, bacon, sausage, toast, bagals, cinnamon rolls, and four choices of name-brand cereals. Every morning. I'm not kidding. And it's really good food, too!

The staff was courteous and helpful. Many thanks to Clay the desk clerk/supervisor who was more than accommodating in replacing our broken refrigerator in five minutes of having called him. Now that's service! Try getting that attention anywhere else.

Oh, did I mention their pool? I swam for about a half hour both days I was there and really enjoyed it, and I'm very particular when it comes to pools. If they even remotely appear nasty, forget it. But this pool's great! The water was sparkling clean and the temperature was comfortable. Plenty of towels available. Awesome!

In summary, if you find yourself in Clinton, Iowa, stay at this place. You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2009

Was in Clinton to attend a funeral, so this was the perfect location as it's right across the street from the cemetary (Springfield). Room was very large, very comfortable, with a larger than usual frig and a microwave that may or may not have worked.

Generous and comfy queen with both soft and firm pillows, comfortable sofa, and clean. The room was truly ready despite our early check-in needs with frig running and a/c going. Nice clean windows that really open.

Staff was accomodating and very helpful. An early checkin was arranged for both rooms I booked. When we left, I left my leather jacket in my second room. A member of the housekeeping staff came running out to catch me before I left the premises.

The HIE is nestled in a shopping center with Target and some other chain retailers. Not pretty views, but busy and comfortable. If I need to go to Clinton again, I will absolutely stay here, and would recommend that anyone else do the same.

Privately owned HIE.

Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 November 2008

Room was a standard king.
Holiday Inn Express does an excellent job keeping their hotels uniform.
Room was huge, quiet, bright & very clean, with dorm fridge. Bed was very comfortable & sheets were clean.
Breakfast was great & staff was very friendly with lots of smiles from every employee. The entire building had that "new building smell".
I'll stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank Favre440
Reviewed 16 October 2008

I stayed one night at the Clinton HIE.

This is a new HIE and all HIEs should be this nice!

The interior of the hotel is modern and in very good shape. The rooms are well appointed. The bedding is very comfortable, there is a 27 inch flat screen TV and the Internet worked well. The only minor problem was a "gurgling" in room refrigerator (I wish they didn't put these in hotel rooms).

Breakfast was very good.

This hotel is a little ways outside of Jackson, but for the price and newness, it is well worth the drive.

I would highly recommend this HIE!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
2  Thank BhamBuddy
Reviewed 23 September 2008

We went to see a 10 piece band and figured we would get a room so we didn't drink and drive. Very friendly staff - mid twenties and older crowd.. which was a nice change from the normal teeny bopper bars we go to dance at.

We got a smoking room, which was not a good choice! you forget how smelly and gross they are until you are in them! Other than that, it was a great deal, comfy bed and great breakfast. They even gave us a late checkout, which we needed!!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Grl4Grl
Reviewed 7 September 2008

I have stayed here many times and just completed a one night stay this week. The rooms was clean and the wireless worked fine. It seems like a new HIX but I have been staying here since 04 and it hasn't changed much. They have a happy hour from 5 to 7 weeknights with beer, wine and snacks. The Best Western next door is pretty tired. I think this HIX is the best game in town.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank CarlHott
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clinton
Hampton Inn Clinton
Super 8 Clinton
#5 of 9 in Clinton
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Fulton
Holiday Inn Express Le Claire Riverfront - Davenport

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Clinton? Share your experiences!