I saw the other reviews but I thought this place was a little pricey for my budget. Fortunately, I ran into a discount that made it more affordable for me, so I booked it. I was not disappointed. The staff was friendly. The room was very clean. I did not try the breakfast bar, but it looked to have a good selection. My room had a microwave, mircro fridge, comfortable king bed, TV, internet WI-FI, desk, couch, roomy bathroom, environmental controls, layered curtains to block light, plastic cups, plates, bowls, and plastic-ware packs with salt/pepper. It seems like they thought of everything.
The pool (I think it was a around 5ft) and work out room (3 machines) were small, but would do the job for short stay...plus a work out place is right across the street if you want to do more. The business center consisted of a computer/printer at a desk just off the lobby. Granted these amenities were small, but they fit the bill and considering it is a hotel in a small town, it was great to find lodging were these all exist at all.
There hotel is walking distance from Target, Walmart, Applebees, Office Max, and several other stores. It is only about 3-4 miles from Ashford university...enter Manufacture rd from the Target drive way and it is straight shot until you get to the left turn to park at Ashford University. It was also easy to find my way from the Moline airport.
The only detractor was the noise of the person above me and an unfortunate fire alarm one morning...on the bright side, it was good to know the fire alert system works. The staff quickly got the situation assessed and peace restored so guests could return to whatever they were doing.
Clinton seemed like a nice small town and I was there to attend an event. It was nice opportunity to step away from the hustle and bustle of my normal schedule. The front desk personnel and housekeeping staff that I encountered were all very helpful and friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clinton is located in a newly developed business district on US HWY 30 and HWY 67. We feature many restaurants within walking distance such as: Applebee's, King Buffet, Pizza Hut, and Burger King. Other local restaurants are within 10 to 15 minutes of the hotel. We have a micro-brewery downtown that features a wonderful selection of tasty treats. If you are in for Italian, Rastrelli's would be our choice. We also have a sports bar called Time Out, for those moments needed after a hard day at work or play! We offer high speed Internet, microwaves, coffee makers and refrigerators in every room. The Quad-City International Airport is approximately 30 miles north. There are plenty of activities in the Clinton area to entice the young and the old. Within driving distance you can walk the historic shops of Galena, IL or eagle watch at the lock and dam across the river. We have a variety of parks for picnics, or for the fitness minded we have two bike paths with a scenic view of the Mississippi River. Area businesses include ADM, Data Dimensions, Lyondell Equistar, and Rock Tenn. Come and enjoy a wonderful stay at our hotel, we will be waiting for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Clinton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Clinton Hotel Clinton
- Holiday Inn Clinton
- Clinton Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Clinton Iowa