“Enjoy your stay without breaking the bank”
Review of Wildwood Lodge

Wildwood Lodge
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Clive
Reviewed 20 December 2012

We have relatives in the area so look for a decent place to spend the night but not much time. We have stayed at Wildwood more than once because it is reasonably priced, clean and comfortable. Once in a while you can negotiate a better price. Breakfast is good. Pool is clean. Rooms are spacious but not upscale. We've even had a pizza party for 12 in the lobby. You know what to expect each time you stay here. No surprises. That's why we keep coming back.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Wildwood Lodge

Reviewed 20 November 2012

After checking out several hotels in the area, we booked a block of rooms at this hotel for our son's wedding weekend last fall. We wanted a suite so we could entertain family and friends, and their family suites were exactly what we needed. The lobby, with its huge fireplace, comfy sofas and chairs and the large eating area, was an ideal place to relax and visit. Breakfast was delicious, and the large tables allowed several of us to sit together. We got excellent room rates. The friendly staff went above and beyond to be sure we were happy. This is not your average cold, sterile hotel. The warm, lodgelike atmosphere will leave you wishing you didn't have to leave. Highly recommended! We'd book it again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: This hotel offers many different types of rooms and suites. If you don't see what you need when...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank D J
Reviewed 13 November 2012

Lovely hotel with delightful staff. This is the second time I stayed at the Wildwood. When the reservation is made I get a personal confirmation email. Checking in and out is fast. The rooms are large with comfortable bed, LCD TV, large bathroom with a nice shower, iron with ironing board. Breakfast is adequate with hot items and a good choice of bread. And they provided a shuttle to and from the Mall and the offices we were visiting. And they had many restaurants within a short walking distance.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 October 2012

We made our reservations on line at Wildwood's own site and it was pretty user friendly and thorough. The check in time was so quick I had the key cards and carrying our luggage to the room a few minutes later. The morning breakfast is good with several choices and they were dealing with a big crowd Saturday morning as there were youth football teams and their families all dining at the same time.The staff did an excellent job of keeping the coffee, juice and food items replenished. The checkout was easy as they slip your bill under the door sometime during the night. The staff was especially friendly and helpful as I thought I had left and item in the room and called back when we were 30 miles away. They went and searched the room while I held the line as it had not been cleaned yet. I later found the item had been packed in another suitcase by mistake and wasn't lost. We are looking forward to our next stay at the Wildwood.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2012

This is a very cute theme hotel with the Lodge feel infused from the beginning. I had very efficient check in/out service. It is a good breakfast included with the room that includes prepared hot foods as well as standard continental items. The seating at the lobby tables are showing wear as I sunk way in on a couple of them. It has a very nice pool area.
This hotel sits behind a couple of fast food restaurants and is relatively close to shopping. These items make it a great stay for families with kids.
Front parking is a bit slim, and my room was facing the indoor pool so even with the heavy curtains the sound of running water and odd lighting coming through was notable. The pool also results in the room smelling poolish.

Room Tip: Recommend room not on poolside if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 September 2012

My wife and I stayed a night there a couple of weeks ago. I would say it was probably my best experience in a hotel. The staff were all friendly and polite, the hotel was quiet and I loved the decor. Breakfast was a bit more than the usual toast and cereal affair most places serve. The hot tub was almost too relaxing. I can't say I've had a more pleasant and relaxing experience in any other hotel. We'll be coming back!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dwayne F
Reviewed 15 September 2012

This is a beautiful hotel with very comfortable beds. The front desk clerk was very nice as well. However, the walls are paper thin! My daughter and I had to listen to the person next door struggling to plug something in at 1:00 AM! That is how thin the wall is! We could tell exactly what the noise was! Then at a little before 8:00 AM, the person upstairs is walking around like they are doing a fitness dvd that only includes walking around in circles! They also sounded like a herd of elephants! I had finally gotten back to sleep (I am not a morning person!) and heard them walking around again. I was up for a while and decided to go read in the bathroom so I didn't wake up my daughter. I then heard what sounded exactly like the instrument the men used on my floors before they installed linoleum. I was not happy! I couldn't believe it. Then came the vacuuming. I knew I was up the the rest of the morning at this point. I had hoped to sleep in because I had a doctor's appointment that I was nervous about. So much for that! I mentioned this during check out and was told it is what the maids use to pick up hair off the floor! My daughter later told me that she saw a maid using this as she passed by a room on the way to the ice machine and it is like the big sticky thing they use in the commercial to pick up dog hair off furniture! Did they not think the people below may be sleeping? If not for this and the musty smell in our room, I would have given this a rating of 5. The hot tub was nice and hot and the room is spacious. I do wish there had been a microwave and fridge, though. If you stay here, I would definitely recommend a room on the 3rd floor!

Room Tip: Get a room on the 3rd floor and away from elevators and ice machines.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clive
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Des Moines West
Hotel Renovo
Hotel Renovo
#2 of 11 in Urbandale
Stoney Creek Hotel and Conference Center - Des Moines

Been to Wildwood Lodge? Share your experiences!