Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Des Moines West, IA
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Sleep Inn(Urbandale)
Very Good 4/5
All reviewscookiesfront deskdes moinesking suitefree weightsroom was cleancracker barrelthe mexican restaurantpull out sofawaffleshot breakfastparking lotcomfortable hotelhot itemsgas stationfitness centerwould highly recommend this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Check in was smooth. Upon entering our room (209), we smelled a strong musty odor. I went to open the window and noticed mold all over the air conditioning vent. My husband went down to the main desk to tell them about it and they moved us to another room (309). Upon entering that room, it still smelled like mildew, but not as strong as the first room. Even the hallways had a musty odor. My husband and I froze in order to keep the kids cool in the attached sleeping area.

Pool & hot tub was nice. Breakfast area was super small and messy. All the tables were dirty upon our arrival. Looked like more employees were needed to work that area. The lady working the breakfast area was not friendly.

Hotel was in a very nice area. Close to lots of shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank etslennox
CountryInnlManager, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Des Moines West, IA, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Hello Tracy,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry for the inconvenience of moving rooms and we are glad that this situation was brought to our attention by yourself as we were able to rectify the problem before it negatively affected the next guest. Our breakfast room has seating for 40 people and can get a little crowded at times when we have a full house such as this past week. We had in excess of 300 guests staying with us the same nights you and your family stayed with us and at times it gets a little crowded in the breakfast room. I have spoken to the staff regarding our obligation to our guests to make them feel welcome at all times. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations and as you can see by the majority of the othet on line reviews we do take great pride in taking good care of our guests. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you that we can meet and exceed your expectations.

Regards,

Reviewed 25 July 2014

This hotel is a great place to stay. They offer a complimentary continental breakfast, free wifi, and each room had a refrigerator and microwave. The staff was very friendly and always above and beyond my expectations. The pool was heated and very comfortable. The hot tub was very nice as well. Overall a top notch place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Radisson
CountryInnlManager, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Des Moines West, IA, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Hello and thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel and your recent stay with us. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope thatyou have an opportunity to come back and visit the area again.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 2 July 2014

This is an excellent hotel! They have some of the best staff members that I have encountered in my travels. We made a poor decision to book a room across the parking lot at the La Quintal (which was a total DUMP). In despair, we looked out the window and saw Country Inn & Suites. I was almost sure they wouldn't have room as it appeared to big a huge Little League type baseball tournament in town this weekend. I went ahead and called and Karla, the manager picked up my call. I was in near tears and she could tell. She calmed me down and quickly found us a room. We went over there and were treated so kindly! Karla and her staff were simply amazing! Now on to the rooms and hotel itself.... simply stated, it's wonderful! It's updated, clean, offers many amenities such as a mini store, sparking pool, free breakfast which was delicious, spacious clean and comfortable rooms. Also amazing was how quiet our room was considering 80% of the people there were families from the baseball tournaments! We barely heard anything at all and didn't hear a peep after 10pm! This is a very well ran hotel and well worth the money for the quality at it's price point. I would highly recommend and I am in fact staying there again tomorrow through the weekend! :) Oh and one more thing....I was so impressed with Karla's service and treatment of my family that I awarded her the Excellence Service pin from TripAdvisor!!

Room Tip: We were one room away from an exit door and I never once heard it slam like in other hotels. I'm not sure there is a bad room although I was on the second floor so the first floor might have a bit more noise but I honestly doubt it.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Queen_Of_Road_Trips

Hello and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. We appreciate the kind remarks and are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your return to our hotel sometime in the near future!

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

We were very pleased with our stay here...we stayed in a suite and were impressed with the cleanliness and quietness of the room, even though the hotel was swarming with little League ball teams that night! Breakfast was good. Would stay here again!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
CountryInnlManager, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Des Moines West, IA, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Hello!
Thank you very much for the great review you posted regarding your recent stay with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your room, our free hot breakfast and the other hotel accomodations. We look forward to having you stay with us again when your travels bring you through the West Des Moines area again!

Reviewed 20 May 2014

A very pleasant hotel. Just about everything was excellent... Nice and clean rooms, helpful staff, breakfast was good enough (I just don't like most hotel breakfasts - could have had boiled eggs) awesome blankets and pillows with a comfy enough bed (I prefer mine more firm), great shower pressure. You feel like your coming home when you walk in. Cookies are an nice touch we just found them to be kind of doughy....Over all a great experience.. Thank you-

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
CountryInnlManager, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Des Moines West, IA, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Hello Susie!

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us. we are so happy that you found our hotel and amenities to be "like home"! That is the goal for us with all of our guests and we are glad you felt this way. We look forward to having you stayagain real soon.

Tom Murray, General Manager