“Nice but Beginning to Show Some Age”

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Des Moines West, IA
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Clive
Reviewed 31 January 2011

We have stayed at this particular hotel several times in the past and are always well satisfied with the service of this chain. However on this stay both my wife and I noticed the hotel is beginning to show some age. The common areas are well maintained and clean but the wallpaper in the hallways and especially the breakfast area is really dated. The breakfast area is clean but with the flowered wallpaper it is very dark. We stayed an a king suite room. #235. We both observed that the walls needed painting as there were several gouges and marks on the walls where something such as a chair had rubbed against them.. One of the lamps was unplugged and when we went to plug it in the track hiding the cord on the wall fell off. The furniture was dark wood, heavy and had quite a few nicks and marks along the edges. The sofa and chairs were reasonably comfortable as was the bed. Extra pillows were in the dressers. The service was fine. We arrived early, around 12:30 and took a chance that the room would be ready. It was and Sara checked us in right away. The key cards did not code properly the first time so it required another trip downstairs. But at least they offered to send the maintenance staff up with us to make sure the recode worked. It did. There were two TV's in the room but only one remote. I inquired before we went out for the afternoon and when we arrived back later in the evening there was a second remote waiting for us. Would we stay again, yes. Would we like them to remodel a bit and refresh the decorating, definitely. We did not check out the pool or internet connections on this trip.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank srehmann

Reviewed 4 January 2011

We stayed here to attend a nearby wedding. The room was comfortable and clean. They didn't have a King room left so we settled for 2 queen beds. The wireless internet worked well, the water temp and pressure were great. Breakfast was fantastic both days. There were so many choices and the staff kept up, despite the crowd!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank numberslady61
Reviewed 5 December 2010

We have stayed at this Country Inn & Suites 3 times this year and have always had a pleasant stay. The people at the front desk have been exceptionally nice. The hotel is just off the exchange of I-80/I-35, but you don't hear the noise from it. Country Inns is only a 5-10 minute drive from some great shopping at Jordan Creek Mall and is also an easy drive to get downtown Des Moines.

The exercise room is small, 2 treadmills and 2 elipticals plus some free weights, but there are trails nearby.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank trigirl66
Reviewed 9 November 2010

I really enjoyed my stay at the Country Inn and Suites in Clive, Iowa. It was very close to the Hy Vee Conference Center, so the location was ideal for me. The free breakfast was amazing! The omeletts and oatmeal were especially good. I would definitely stay at this hotel again sometime.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank CarrieTravelsAmerica
Reviewed 8 November 2010

I was meeting with family for a quick get-together. Our party included ages from 2 to 82. From the moment we checked in, this hotel stood out in its friendliness and willingness to help us in any way possible. From directions on the best way to get to the Saturday Farmer's Market (and the helpful hints on timing and parking) to local sites to see, the staff went out of their way to be helpful. I was worried that the hotel would be loud, because there was a baseball team there and some other parties, but it was all handled so efficiently, we didn't even notice. Breakfast was great and well service. Food was replenished as soon as it was emptied. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 November 2010

I recently travelled from Victoria BC to Halifax NS and I choose to take a route through the United States. Along the way I met many wonderful people and stayed in some interesting places. However I have to say that my two day stay at the Country Inn and Suites was more than just a place to sleep, in some ways is was like coming home after a long journey.
Fresh baked cookies from their kitchen were at the front desk upon arrival. The staff throughout the Inn were always smiling and took the time to say hello. The suites were large, clean and bright. The complimentary breakfast was outstanding. I was fortunate to be there on a morning when they served Eggs Benedict. Many hotels include breakfast these days, But the spread at this inn far exceeded any comlimentary meal I have ever seen. I took advantage of the excercise room, pool and the hot tub.
BRAVO to the staff and Management at The Country Inn and Suites in Des Moines West.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 October 2010

We were staying in town for a dog show. This hotel is dog friendly as well as people friendly. Everyone we came in contact with was welcoming and helpful. Our room (suite) was great - lots of room to spread out, quiet, and close to an exit (a must with dogs). We thought it was a super value for the price we paid. We will DEFINITELY stay in this hotel again the next time we are in the area.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clive
Wildwood Lodge
Wildwood Lodge
#3 of 8 in Clive
West Des Moines Marriott
West Des Moines Marriott
#7 of 23 in West Des Moines
Staybridge Suites West Des Moines
Staybridge Suites West Des Moine...
#15 of 23 in West Des Moines
Courtyard Des Moines West/Clive
Best Western Plus Des Moines West Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn West Des Moines Lake Drive
Hampton Inn West Des Moines Lake...
#1 of 23 in West Des Moines

Been to Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Des Moines West, IA? Share your experiences!