“Great Vegetarian Food”

Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Business meetings, Groups, Cheap Eats
Council Bluffs, Iowa
“Great Vegetarian Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

I ordered the Basil Fried Rice and the Vegetarian Cashew spicy and asked them to make it 6 stars and it sure was spicy. The place was quiet busy on the weekend and had to wait 25 minutes to get the table. You can tell a lot about the place by seeing how busy it is. I knew before I had dinner that the food would be excellent.

• Visited June 2014

Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
“Great food and Great Service!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

I ordered the Chicken Cashew spicy. It was just the right amount of heat. Everyone found something to eat to their liking. The treat was the Thai fortune cookie. It came with some witty fortunes and lucky numbers. It was a fluke we found this place. If I ever come by Iowa, I will look for this place.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Jasmine808
Marshalltown, Iowa
“Best tai food in Des Moines”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

A friend of ours took us here several months ago and now we can't stop eating here. Thus is some of the best tai food I have had. Appetizers are excellent and portions are nice.

The hardest part is deciding which item to order. We love the salads. I don't normally order a salad at a tai restaurant but these work great for a light appetizer or in addition to your meal. He dishes can be customized to the heat you like and you can add various different meats and seafoods to any dish.

The variety is great, you will not be disappointed!

Santa Fe, New Mexico
“disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

I used to live in Iowa and was a regular at Cool Basil. My wife and I were particularly fond of their curries. On a recent visit to Iowa we ordered carry-out which included green curry. When we opened our order the rice was missing, requiring a return trip to the restaurant. When I arrived to get our rice it was cold leading me to believe it was prepared with our order but not placed in the bag with our other food. The curry was good, but the ingredients had changed from what we had been accustomed to on previous visits to Cool Basil. The green curry included potatoes and tomatoes which we had never had in any green curry before. Our crab rangoon appetizer was cold and tough thanks to the delay in getting our entire order. We'll probably go back at some future date, but inconsistency is one of our leading complaints about any restaurant.

• Visited April 2014
West Des Moines, Iowa
“Great Thai and sushi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

This was our first time at Cool Basil and we really enjoyed it. We did not have reservations on a Saturday night but the wait was not that long. We loved the food and had great service throughout the meal.

I was going to have my dish prepared "hot" and our waiter talked me out of it saying that their medium is already hot. I am glad he did, because my stir fry was very hot and I am afraid I would not have been able to eat it if I had gone with my first request.

My wife is not much for Asian food, but she really enjoyed the Basil chicken stir fry and would have it again.

The portion sizes were very generous and there was plenty to take home. We definitely will return for more great food in the future.

Visited March 2014