“1 Night stay in Des Moines”

Courtyard Des Moines West/Clive
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Clive
Nebraska
“1 Night stay in Des Moines”
Reviewed 12 December 2010

My wife and I stayed here one night on a quick trip to Des Moines, we enjoyed our stay at this Marriot. They had excellent service as we were greeted with a smile and allowed early check in. They had a nice little bar/restaurant area right in the lobby, enjoyed a cocktail while lounging on a couch on a snowy night. In addition to the bar/restaurant and couch/TV they had 2 nice computers with free internet for guests in the lobby. The room and bed were comfortable. It was a positive experience for my wife and I on our short stay.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 15 November 2010

I stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott on the 7th through the 9th. I dined in the Bistro my last night at the Courtyard. Jacob served me and was an excellent representation of what I consider Marriott Quality to be! Food was average quality but portion was very nice. Was very pleased with my stay!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank Robert50207
Thunder Bay, Canada
Reviewed 20 October 2010

Got a great rate on this hotel. Check in was efficient. Business center was well laid out and fully functional. Hotel had a buffet breakfast but we did not use it. Renovations in lobby were due to be completed in 1 week after our stay. We were told that a Starbuck's and a restaurant were being built. Does this mean the end of the breakfast buffet? Not sure. Pool area was quiet and clean. two things that only slightly detract from this hotel are the proximity to the freeway. Stay in one of the inside rooms or turn room fan to manual to muffle the noise. The other was on the day we were checking out the maids knocked 4 times, even with the do not disturb sign out and left the cleaning cart outside our room so we had to listen to them talk about something in room 343. 343 was not our room by the way. Fortunately the knocks occurred after 9 am and on the other days we did not hear them at all. Overall we would say it is probably one of the nicest hotels in Des Moines. We plan on staying here again. Beds are great, wife insisted I put that in.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank David K
Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed 23 April 2010

Based on the reviews on this site, I thought that I was getting a good deal for $109 a night. The rooms was poorly maintained. I bet they don't "clean" the room every day because if they did they would not be in this bad of shape. I know that they did not clean my room. They just changed out the towels and made the bed up. In fact, one night the towels were not even replaced. I had to go and ask for towels and wash cloths. I also was greeted by a giant spider while I was in the shower.

The positives about this hotel are the location, the friendly front desk staff, free Internet and the ability to print anything that you want easily without charge.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank Charles S
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 7 September 2009

Result of a priceline bid for the West Des Moines area, making it even more reasonable.

Check in was smooth, was offered a king bed.

Our room backed to the parking lot, so there was a little parking lot noise, but not bad. Thought the room was pretty well soundproofed. Couldn't hear anybody else around us or out in the hall.

Breakfast was like $9, so we just passed.

Bed was surprisingly comfortable. Room and bathroom were clean. Shower was nice.
Free wi-fi too.
Good location right off of I-35. Tv had a lot of channels. Overall would recommend.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SimonRufus
Reston, VA
Reviewed 30 March 2009

This is a standard courtyard but it backs to I-35 so that half the rooms sound like you are on the highway with lots of trucks. Request a room on the other side and you are fine.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Madison90
Oahu, Hawaii
Reviewed 26 February 2009

The staff was amazing and Sarah at the front desk was fabulous! I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clive
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Des Moines West
La Quinta Inn & Suites Des Moines-West-Clive
Sheraton West Des Moines Hotel
Sheraton West Des Moines Hotel
#16 of 22 in West Des Moines

Been to Courtyard Des Moines West/Clive? Share your experiences!