“Wonderful Experience. Excellent value!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Colfax Inn

Colfax Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Colfax
Papillion, Nebraska, United States
“Wonderful Experience. Excellent value!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

If you are looking for a very reasonable and comfortable place to stay, while visiting Des Moines this is it. just off I-80 just east of Des Moines....My husband and I stayed there November 2-3. We will be staying at Colfax Inn from now on! Even though it was 1/2 the price, the king bed room was 1/2 again the size of a comparable room at Ramada, Best western or Super 8. Dinette, fridge and microwave included. The rooms and common areas where a LOT cleaner than Super 8 and amenities are comparable to Best Western. Free WiFi. Pets allowed for an overnight fee (like just about anywhere). Best deal the the money any where in the Des Moines area; highly recommended for anyone looking for a nice place to stay on a budget.

Room Tip: They are completely renovating the fitness and hot tub areas (pool is open). These will be availabl...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Pat D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

An independent hotel that is a gem. My family and I stayed 2 nights for an event in Des Moines. The pool was awesome and it was great to wear out the kids, nice and clean. We got connecting rooms because of the children and we wanted some alone time (or as much as you can have traveling), both were very clean and nice. The breakfast was pretty normal for a lot of hotels but the kids loved making waffles and actually ate them. Could of used some fruit though.

We go to Des Moines a few times a year and have found a home away from home. The front desk guy was very pleasant to work with. The staff was helpful.

Room Tip: If you have kids and want some privacy get connecting rooms, works well. Talk to Ed, he is very help...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Rick A
Davenport, Iowa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

Have stayed at this place numerous times in the past and always found it very nice, but those times they were affiliated with a motel chain. This time that was not the case, and it showed. I was there to just get some sleep and avoid a long drive home in the middle of the night after attending a sporting event. The first room they gave me had a strong odor of what smelled like a combination of mildew, cleaner, and hairspray. I thought I would get used to it, but it was bad enough that my nose burned and I couldn’t get to sleep. After getting up and complaining they gave me another room across the hall. The odor wasn’t as bad, but it was still there. The mattresses in both rooms were worn out. I managed to nod off for about an hour only to wake up unable to get comfortable on the bad mattress. I then decided I’d be better off driving the two hour trip home in the middle of the night than trying to stay there and get any sleep. Needless to say, I will NOT be making any reservations here again.
Oh, and not that I cared or wanted to use it, but the pool is still closed.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Colfax hotels

Omaha
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

Have stayed there a few times, whenever going through the area for business. It has always been clean, quiet, friendly and comfortable. The breakfast could be better, but is normal for the price. The last time that I was there, the pool was being worked on by a couple of workers so could not use it, have encountered this at hotels before so it is not unique to this hotel. Look forward to using it the next time since it is indoors.

This is not a top dollar hotel but certainly better than most at the prices they charge.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Steve S
Montevideo Mn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

Enjoyed my stay here very much. I am quite fussy when it comes to comfort and cleanliness but I couldn't find even one thing that wasn't completely satisfactory!! Staff was extremely accommodating and friendly. Breakfast was very good!!! Hope to stay there again!!

Room Tip: Make reservations ahead of time --they fill-up quickly.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sharon E
Colfax
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

Desk clerk was very nice, carpets are dirty, tables and bureau in room were filthy on top, don't know if bedspread has every been washed. The breakfast area had no cream, just package items, the place wasn't especially clean either, I don't think they have enough people to do everything.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Kansas City, Kansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

or would you like to find different lodging?"
That's what the manager/owner asked me when I called him about my television not working.
Apparently I was a troublesome guest because upon unloading my family's things into the room (which is a lot of stuff when you're traveling with an 18 month old), my son (the 18 month old) crawled under the table in the corner that held the refrigerator, and retrieved a pair of very large, very dirty men's underwear. So I did what anybody would do. I placed them in a trash can and carried them to the front desk so they would know about it. The manager took the trashcan, went in back a moment, came out and said (I $#!^ you not), there was a lady and her daughter in that room last night. Pardon me for thinking, but that carries a very strong implication of, "It can't be our problem. You must have brought these to try to get a discount from us."
This was only after I had to wait fifteen minutes to check in because they had messed up my reservation and though I was supposed to be here the following night--my anniversary. This is the LAST place I'd be for my anniversary...
So I put my toddler in his pack-n-play and turned on the TV, only to find that it didn't work. And I called the front desk. "You seem to be having one problem after another. Will we be able to accommodate you, or would you like to find different lodging.
I WOULD like to find different lodging, but my stuff is in the room and unpacked, and my toddler is in his crib trying to sleep.
Thanks for the free wifi, though, so I could write this review.

Room Tip: Dirty men's underwear on the floor in the corner.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank BreadnButter1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colfax
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Colfax/Newton
Prairie Meadows Hotel
Prairie Meadows Hotel
#1 of 9 in Altoona
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Newton

Been to Colfax Inn? Share your experiences!