“Hidden gem by Mariott of coralville Iowa”
Review of Vesta

Vesta
Ranked #10 of 122 Restaurants in Coralville
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 May 2009

Staying at tehe Marriot, I heard about a quaint little 'sandwich place' right outside of the hotel by the roundabout in easy walking distance called Vesta's. The next day we went...
It is fabulous. Everything was very fresh, my side Bibb Lettuce Salad was well above any other side salad I have had recently and the best cheesecake in at least 20 years, mine had passionfruit sauce drizzled on top. Go to www.vestaiowa.com to see the menu, you won't be dissapointed.

There are newer reviews for Vesta

Reviewed 24 May 2009

We have been there many times, with different results each time. Depending on what you order, Vesta may very well be the best meal you ever had or just so-so.

The beef tenderloin with truffle risotto is fantastic for those who appreciate the flavor of truffle. The lamb chop special is also a great meal with good flavor. The chicken parmesan is good, though the pasta looked like it had been sitting there a while. The cedar plank fish was also a winner.

As for lunch, the club is great as is the brie BLT. Others have been tried with different success. I'd love to try their pizzas, but have no information on those.

As far as drinks go. The many we have tried have all been great with the exception of the basil-mint mojito which was really bad.

Service is usually very good; attentive and helpful but not annoying.

Reviewed 3 March 2009

The restaurant was recommended by a friend of the chef. My husband and I have split an entree on both occassions and still went home full. The wine selections are very good and the price is very reasonable. I will be one of our regular places to visit.