“Great View, Nice Place”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Came here with friends and family in a rather large party. The view was fantastic with the river just outside. Get a window seat if you are able. Our service was highly attentive and the appetizers, drinks, and salads were great. The wine list is lacking in size and scope, but there are choices. I had ordered a filet of beef and although they somehow kept it juicy it was vastly overcooked - nearing a well done versus a med-rare ordered. I will give them a one-time pass on that as everything else about the experience was good and there were several large parties present. I would be willing to try again, but I will likely avoid the steak.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Nothing but good to say. Good food, good service, nice view of the river, reasonably priced for the quality.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

My wife and I were at this restaurant in late March with friends. We had called late for reservations but were given a very nice table over looking the Iowa River. The restaurant appears to be an old power plant that's been renovated into a restaurant. It shares common space with another restaurant which I believe is a sports bar. The menu is traditional American fare.

The service was very professional. Our waitress was there when we needed her but otherwise wasn't noticed. The food was wonderful and a very good value based on the price. Three in our group had pasta and one had shrimp, so I can't talk about the steak.

Overall this is a very nice restaurant which I would highly recommend.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Second time we have eaten at Iowa River Power. First time was as two couples seated right next to the massive windows during a ferocious thunderstorm. Probably the best view/entertainment we have ever had for dinner. Even without the storm, the view would have been excellent.

Our latest visit was with 16 other people for a business dinner. In both cases the food and service were quite good. The interior is a bit dated, but not a distraction from the total experience.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Had a great experience. Wait staff was excellent, Food was delicious, and the windows facing the river offer an incredible view! Will be back!

1  Thank MWS787