“Do you remember school lunch?”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
River City Beefstro Bar & Grille
Price range: US$8 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Description: The River City Beefstro Bar & Grille is a casual restaurant designed with a fun, contemporary flare. Conveniently located in Coralville / Iowa City just off I-80, the River City Beefstro features all of your favorites like mouth-watering Steaks, Burgers, Salads, Pastas, Seafood and our Signature BBQ Ribs. Our elaborate Sunday Brunch features all of your favorite breakfast and lunch entrées, as well as carved Prime Rib, imported cheeses, gourmet salads, and decadent desserts!
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Very institutional. Most everything, obviously, came from a box. I was there on a Friday evening and very few other patrons were there. The bar was extremely over priced and slow to serve. The staff on hand seemed uninterested with their work nod who can blame them if they work for tips, not gonna make much. I expected a lot more considering the amount of money I paid. I still ended up ordering a pizza because the food sucked and I cut my losses. I was truly concerned over food poisoning.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Had a late dinner here. The burger and fries were good and they had a nice selection of beers on tap. We also had breakfast here the following morning. The wait staff is from the local college which makes for good conversation also.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Food was good but not much of a menu. They did offer room service and free drink coupons from 5:00 to 6:00 which didn't do me any good as I didn't get back from work till at least 6:30

Reviewed 31 August 2013

We loved this restaurant...After traveling on highway 80 all day it was nice to get a room at the holiday inn and walk to this restaurant which was adjacent to the hotel (halls connect the two places)

Reviewed 25 August 2013

We were staying at the Hampton and someone at the desk said "You won't get a bad meal there." True, but for the prices - only adequate. The chicken parmasean was good, but the pasta was way past al dente. My husband enjoyed the Philly Cheese Steak sandwich. I was supposed to get a salad with my dinner - never saw it. Part of the problem was on one side of us was the bar - full of drunks and the other side a family with screaming children who were up way past their bed time. It is fairly large, and pleasant, the table service was fine but I heard someone tell a small group that they could not get anything to eat - 10 minutes before closing.