“Nice Stay”

AmericInn Coralville
Ranked #17 of 21 Hotels in Coralville
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Staff was friendly at check-in and check-out. Room was clean. Not very sound proof as we could hear people talking like they were right in the room with us. Very satisfied and would stay here again if we were in the area.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tntwelter

Reviewed 1 February 2012

Near I 80. Used Hotel coupon. Good value. The 4 on cleanliness relates to grout...always a challenge.
Very satisfied.

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank LaraLS
Reviewed 28 November 2011

It's always something:
This time, it started with being given a room with no chair and no comforter. The desk clerk explained that all of the furninshings were being changed and the new furniture had not yet arrived, even though the old furniture had been removed. He also explained that "Corporate" had gone to a "simple triple sheet" comforter. The room we were given didn't even have that, so he assigned us a different room and brought one of the old chairs in, but he didn't record the changes. At midnight, we were surprised by the night clerk who simply tried to walk into the room (thankfully, we had secured the door, so he didn't get all the way in). I explained the situation and he apologized for not knocking before coming in.
The next morning, my key didn't work and the clerk apologized for not re-keying the cards after he had made his own to get in (which cancelled my keys immediately)
We were here from Wednesday to Sunday, so we relied on the housekeeping staff to replenish supplies. Mistake. Had to go down to the desk to get coffee, creamer and sugar.
Overall, the people were very friendly, but disorganized.
I will stay here again, but check several things when I do.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Kings_on_the_Go
Reviewed 17 October 2011

They screwed me twice. They have a 2 night minimum stay on Iowa Football game weekends. We knew this and booked two rooms for two families. I arrived a day early on Thursday eve and checked into my families room and told the clerk that the other family would be arriving Sat. morning and we all knew we had to pay for two night minimum. (Three for me as I checked in a day early.) The clerk made sure our rooms would be together etc. Sat morning, when our friends arrived, they had no room for them. The manager would not talk to us or meet with us. We had confirmations numbers but it didn't matter. On top of this they are charging us for one of the nights for our friends room.
We've argued over the phone with the general manager, Rica, but she has no business sense and takes no responsibility for the mess up. A good manager would make things right and apologize. The end result is that I'm paying for 4 nights stay and was there 3 nights, and our fun stay with friends was ruined. We are quite angry!

Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 October 2011

In my travels I try not to spend too much for a room in order to keep my travel costs down for the company. I saw the very low advanced price ($80 total) and the decent rating so decided to try this property out. Huge mistake!! I went with the larger king room with a kitchenette and non smoking. First of all the room had been smoked in and there was a stain on the bed spread. Next, why have a kitchenette with no kitchen utensils whatsoever. Even though I was not going to use the kitchenette it’s the principle of the amenity being available.

I do think the hotel was going through some renovations but they could at least to put forth some effort to have the hallways somewhat clean.

Note to self...don't lock in a rate and spend a little more to stay at place that have yet to let me down.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 September 2011

We booked a King smoking room for 9/9/11 while travelling through Iowa. The advance, non-refundable rate was $80.60 including tax, and included a hot continental breakfast. The property is well located just off I-80 with lots of shopping/dining options nearby. Only complaint we had was the thin, scratchy towels, both in the room & in the pool area. Would stay here again based on rate & location.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2011

The service was great. Everyone was very pleasant, my room was clean and ready for
me on arrival. Price was good as well.
I will stay there again on my return trip. Recommend this place highly.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo