“Old but good enough” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Coralville
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Old but good enough”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013

We stayed over on way to Des Moines, got room for $40 on hot-wire and it was worth it. Yes it is old and in need of updating, but it was quiet and comfortable enough. Needed new pillows, gave us neck aches, but bed was nice. Went for a swim at 11 pm which was a nice way to wind down after road trip, again needed updating but was nice enough. The seem to talk a lot about 'non smoking', but we walked through clouds of smoke in the hallways on our way to the pool, so I don't think it was enforced. Breakfast was honestly the worst hot/cold breakfast we had in years, need to revamp it some too. But free is for me. :) over all was worth exactly what we paid for it and would use it again.

Room Tip: Ask for river side room for less noise from late night restaurants.ask for extra pillows, bring own...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Debbie B, General Manager at Heartland Inn - Coralville, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
Thank you for your recent review. We appreciate your opinion. We recently completed installing all new furniture in the rooms. So, we are continually updating and making upgrades. If your travels should bring you our way again, please just request extra pillows or different pillows, we are more than able to accommodate your needs. I am thinking that perhaps you missed our breakfast?? That is an area that we get many positive comments in ....guests love our made to order fresh hot waffles or pancakes. Plus, the fresh fruit, yogurt, bagels, English muffins and biscuits/gravy are solid hits as well. We are 100% smoke free, we do allow smoking outside of the building and do our very best to enforce that at all times. I hope that your travels will bring you our way again. Again, thank you for your feedback!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Rochester, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2013 via mobile

Friendly staff help us checkin quickly and get different rooms because I didn't book correct number of guests and we needed two beds in each room(2 rooms). The staff was really accommodating. Rooms were a bit small in this dated, but clean hotel. Breakfast was an expanded continental buffet, mediocre at best. I wouldn't want to spend my vacation here, but it was clean, quiet, had courtesy staff, and was an outstanding value booked through hotwire.com

I will stop here again.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking time to let us know how your stay with us was!! Thank you for noticing our excellent housekeeping staff....they do keep us clean and tidy!!! At Heartland Inn, we strive to provide the best customer service possible and we appreciate you noticing the accommodating staff. We do hope that you will stop by again!!!
Hazel Green, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2013

My husband and I have been staying off and on since 2008. At one stretch almost a year due to his job. We have traveled extensive and thus far this is the best hotel yet. The management and staff make the stay like none other. Where can you get free shuttle, breakfast, and evening meal with Wed. night being a cookout...all included with your room! After our last stay a thank you card almost beat us home. What other hotel does that? It is very clean, new furniture and new carpeting thru out. It is also close to some great shopping, what a bonus!

Room Tip: Rooms to the back have a great view of the river but I also like the front to see so I can see what...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your positive review!!! We certainly appreciate the feedback!! We do try to make you feel right at home. AND, thank you for noticing the new furnishings!! I am glad that you were able to take advantage of the great breakfast we offer and the grill out too!! It is just so rewarding to make guests feel at home!!! We hope to have the opportunity to accommodate you again soon!!!
Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

The hotel was easy to find and very clean. The check in was quick and efficient.

The directions to the elevator was vague, so I ended up dragging my suitcase back and forth down the hall until someone took pity on me and showed me where the elevator was located. No sign showing, so for you info, it is past the side entrance and halfway down the hall on the right side.

They offered ham and cheese sandwiches for the evening meal. Just OK Breakfast was better with a little guy that was a cleaning fool. He was all over the place cleaning up the messes and cooking the pancakes.

The room offered a little fridge and microwave in the room. Very handy for more than one night stays.

They offer free rides to the hospitals too. Nice service for people with family members who are ill or recovering.

I will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Good luck finding the elevator.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Clinton, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2013

From the time I called in for reservations with Eric, and I checked in..everyone gave the BEST customer service. We were welcomed with smiles and I hope your drive was okay, to a wonderful Wednesday Night BBQ of Hot Dogs, Brats and Burgers on the grill. One of the wonderfull ladies printed of the TV schedual for my girls, and another Lady Told me how to Contact the Vital Records department.EVERYONE I came into contact with gave some of the best customer service I have ever seen. Working in Customer Service myself, I noticed how they all went out of there way to make my stay better. As Visiting the Hospital is not stressful enough, having not to worry about my stay was a HUGE relief..Definatly will stay again and recommened to all who go to Iowa City to stay here....

Thanks Heartland Inn.. SallyWohlstadter and Girls...

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Westside, Iowa, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2013

We stayed here for my cousins wedding, and opted for the Jacuzzi suite since it was only a bit more than the standard room. WONDERFUL full sized Jacuzzi! The bedding however was less wonderful. Flat pillows and our blanket had a whole in it. Contental breakfast was wonderful.. They even had an attendant making fresh pancakes and waffles. They also served soup in the lobby which I thought was a nice touch! If we go to Iowa City again we'd probably stay here

Room Tip: Go for the jacuzzi! It was worth it!!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Debbie B, General Manager at Heartland Inn - Coralville, responded to this review, 29 March 2013
Ashley,

Thank you for your review! I am glad that you enjoyed the whirlpool suite!! The suites are definitely the way to go!! I do apologize for the bedding issues. We are anxious to correct any problems you might encounter during your stay, should you travel our way again, please just let one of our Guest Services Representatives know and the problem will be addressed immediately. It is great to hear that you were able to enjoy the fresh pancakes and waffles.....I agree, they are yummy!! We hope to see you again in the near future!!
Thank You!!
Debbie Bullion
Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2013

My wife and I crashed here because it was halfway home during a long road trip and we didn't want to push through. We found it on hotwire.com and it was rated 2.5 stars. It's probably more of a 1.5 star. It's not dirty or anything like that, just pretty old and run down. They do serve breakfast in the AM and the staff was friendly enough. But the walls were paper thin - you could hear every noise above, below, and to the sides. Traffic noise from the street was very loud. When the heater and A/C kick on it's extremely loud. We wore ear plugs to get through the night. TV choices were OK. The bed was comfortable enough and the pillows were OK. The door on our bathroom wouldn't shut (didn't fit the door way, swollen, etc). But the bathroom was clean and had clearly been redone.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Debbie B, Manager at Heartland Inn - Coralville, responded to this review, 29 March 2013
Thank you for your recent review. I do apologize for the noise. We would have welcomed the oppportunity to quiet the neighboring rooms down or move you to the riverside of the hotel ( no traffic there). Our hotel is large enough and has a variety of room types, so finding you a very quiet room with a very quiet heater/AC would be no problem. We are aware of the need to update and actually have started the updating process as you observed in the bathroom. We are currently replacing all of the furniture as well. Thank you for noting the cleanliness of our hotel, we do appreciate it!! Again, thank you for your feedback!!

Debbie Bullion

Travellers are raving about these Coralville hotels