I want to tell you all a story. My mother was transferred from our local hospital in Texas to the University of Iowa hospital to receive cancer treatment, and the process has been one of the hardest things my family and I have ever had to go through, until I got to the heartland inn. I was greeted by a young man by the of Jonathon who promptly checked me, but what made an impression on me was how kind and curious he was. The entire time he was talking to me it felt like I had known him since I was a young boy. He was asking me questions about how her treatment was, and later that afternoon when I came down for soup he remember my name and asked how my room was. Anyway, long story short, I was at the hotel completely exhausted and he personally brought me up extra pillows and cookies that night around 8 that night, (because they where out before), and checked on me to see how I was doing. I've stayed at many, many hotels before, and some are nicer than this one, but never, ever in my entire life have I been treated better by someone at the front desk, than I have from that young man named Jonathon. If only I could have said thank you one more time, or had a way to let him know that if it wasn't for him, my entire week would have never been the same. He brightened my day and the next day, when I was checking out, the young lady at the counter who checked me out showed me the same courtesy.
Now for the room:
The bed was comfortable
I had fresh coffee in the morning which was nice
The bathroom was extremely clean
If you are looking for a place to say in Iowa City I recommend the heartland inn to anyone and everyone. It is now my preferred hotel of choice, and will never stay anywhere else when I have the choice!
The staff is unbelievable. The only complaint I have is that the other lady at the front desk who was checking in another guest while I was getting checked in smelled like smoke, and later that night seemed rude when I asked her about the shuttle. Other than that, every single person on there staff is amazing, and I'm sure she is too! Thanks so much heartland inn, you'll forever be remembered.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located off I-80 on the Coralville Strip, the Heartland Inn Coralville is the closest hotel to both the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics and the VA Hospital. We are just minutes from Kinnick Stadium, Carver Hawkeye Arena and Coral Ridge Mall. This Coralville hotel offers complimentary shuttle service to and from both hospitals and great hospital rates. We also offer complimentary breakfast, evening snacks and wireless high speed internet. The Heartland Inn Coralville is a smoke free facility with a AAA 2 Diamond rating. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ctrip TA, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Heartland Inn - Coralville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heartland Inn - Coralville Hotel Coralville
- Heartland Inn - Coralville Iowa