“U of Iowa”

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank Robert A

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We stayed here graduation weekend-$200.00 a night for a small room, not totally clean and a very poor free breakfast. The staff were friendly. The bathroom appeared to have been recently been remodeled but showed poor workmanship. The AC/heat unit blew under the drapery. Overall we felt we were grossly overcharged for a poor quality room.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank chance s
Debbie B, General Manager at Heartland Inn - Coralville, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Chance S.

Thank you for your recent review. I do apologize for the problems that you encountered during your stay with us. We usually receive rave reviews about our cleanliness, so your experience is a bit unusual for us. I realize that pricing can be an issue in the Iowa City area during special events such as graduation. Heartland Inn does it's best to provide a quality experience for all of our customers. Again, thank you for voicing your concerns. Your feedback will be taken seriously. Debbie Bullion, General Manager

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I packed my husband and two sons off to the Heartland Inn sight unseen and they came back with nothing but rave reviews. For under $80 they had a big, spotlessly clean room with a king size bed and a roomy hot tub. The breakfast bar included a very nice, friendly gentleman manning the pancake griddle. Everything was well-prepared and well-stocked. The boys also enjoyed the clean swimming pool and the fact that it stays open until midnight. My husband said that he called to inquire about late checkout and expected some reluctance, but the desk clerk responded cheerfully, "Sure thing! How late do you need?" This kind of customer service is becoming more and more rare these days, but thankfully, it is alive and well at the Heartland Inn of Coralville, Iowa!

Room Tip: Room 216 ("Suite Dreams") has a big ol' hot tub and lots of space!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank jimissy10
Debbie B, General Manager at Heartland Inn - Coralville, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Jmissy10,

Thank you so much for the awesome review!!! I am so very happy that we were able to make your stay so fun!! We do strive to have a nice, clean and friendly environment for our guests. It is always very rewarding when we have succeeded in making our guests so very thrilled with their stay. The extended pool hours are very popular with families...keeps those energy filled kids busy!!
I will pass your compliments along to the staff. They will all enjoy the excellent comments!!
We hope to see you again soon!! Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.
Best REgards,

Reviewed 18 May 2014

We spent the weekend here as part of a group booking to attend an athletic event at the University of Iowa. As a result, we did not research this or pick it out ahead of time. We arrived to very friendly and accommodating staff..and ..fresh baked cookies. Our room was also clean, with everything functional within. It is obvious that this is an older establishment, by some telltale repairs in the bathrooms, and older carpeting. Overall, for the price, this is about what I'd expect, so no negative feedback from me on these points.
The location is excellent if you are going to be visiting the University - it is about a 4-5 minute drive from central campus. It is also very near the VA hospital, and the hotel advertises a free shuttle service to the hospitals in the area.
Overall, considering the price, and location, we'll be staying here again. I'm only giving 4 stars because of the telltale aging of the facility and obvious repairs .

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Chuck,

Thank you for your recent review. We appreciate the postive comments on our friendliness and our accommodating staff. At Heartland Inn, it is all about the guest!! Our location is very popular with groups coming to the area and the restuarants we share our parking lot with are a positive as well. We have been updating recently, but we do have a few more items to update. The very best compliment that we could receive is knowing that you will come and stay with us again sometime in the future!! Thank you again for your review!!

Reviewed 8 May 2014

It was a very clean and very quiet motel, we didn't get to our room until 11.45 at night the place was packed and u didn't hear a peep. the room was in excellent condition.i would stay again and again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Bryan M

Bryan,

Thank you for your great review!!! We appreciate the positive feedback!! It is gratifying to hear that you were 100% satisfied. It is also very nice to hear that you will stay with us again. We look forward to you seeing you again in the very near future!!
Thank you again for taking the time to give us your feedback, we appreciate it.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I booked a room to stay overnight on business. I figured it's one night so why spend a ton of money on a room.. Big mistake! The Hotel claims 100% smoke free environment and the room reeked of smoke (This is posted clearly on the front door of the hotel). We even heard another person complaining about the smoke smell in their room at breakfast the next morning. Air conditioner was on when we entered the room and made the worst rattling noise ever. The bathroom door jam was broken and one had to pick the door up and push in to get it to close right. They used screws to fix the door jam that was broken, but that wasn't doing any good. The beds were comfortable but the Pillows are the flatest ever and they only give you two to a bed. Take your own shampoo unless you like your hair smelling like lemon pledge!! The continental breakfast was okay and was about the best part of the whole hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

ktrose77,

I do apologize for the problems regarding your recent stay. As you stated, we are 100% smoke free. Unfortunately and very evidently, some guests do not know how to follow the rules. Also, we certainly would have been most happy to move you to another room. We always encourage our guests to let us know if they have any problems during their stay. That way, we can correct the problem on the spot. We certainly would never expect you to stay in a room that did not meet your standards or was the least bit uncomfprtable. I do want to thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to let us know about yout your stay. Sincerely, Debbie Bullion, General Manager

Reviewed 4 May 2014

I had spent 5 weeks at this motel, recently for medical purposes. Overall it was a good place to stay. The staff was exceptionally friendly and any problems were resolved right away. I had many late night conversations with one person in particular, Justin, as my sleep schedule was not a schedule at all. The shuttle driver, Rick, was very professional and courteous and was also very easy to talk to. My stay at this particular motel was by far one of the best of all motels I have stayed in over the years and in many different locations all across the US. I did not however rate anything above "very good" as I personally do not rate any business as "excellent". I hope that this does not give anyone the wrong impression as to what I am trying to convey about this particular motel. If I need to stay in the Coralville/Iowa City area again at any time in the future, I hope that I am able to stay at this location. I believe that it is well worth it and would enjoy being around the professional/friendly staff. Good job, keep up the good work and thank you for having been there, I truly appreciate it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Dale,

Thank you so very much for your great review. It is very heart warming to hear that you had such a good experience with us!! I know that you have traveled extensively, so your positive ratings on our customer service and staff mean even more to us. I agree , Justin and Rick are professional and very friendly. We too enjoyed having you stay with us!! A guest like you makes our job very rewarding and enjoyable.
Again, thank you for the feedback. We strive to make our hospital patients as comfortable as possible. I am so glad that we were able to provde you with a pleasant stay.
We hope to see you again very soon...and hopefully under better circumstances.