“Nice, clean.”

Heartland Inn - Coralville
Ranked #16 of 21 Hotels in Coralville
Reviewed 29 August 2014

We stayed overnight here on our way out west and after visiting the Amana Colonies. The desk was friendly and efficient. The rooms were clean with good beds. They area few places to eat within walking distance. Would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 August 2014

Nice hotel that is located across from the U of Iowa baseball field. The rooms are large well kept and quiet. They include a microwave and mini fridge. The breakfast is all the basics(cereal toast cake donuts muffins orange and apple juice coffee tea milk) plus a cook who makes waffles and pancakes. In the parking lot there is an Old Chicago plus many other dining options within a mile. The location is about a mile from Carver Hawkeye Arena and Kinnick Stadium. Also only a couple of mile up the street to Coral Ridge Mall. Was a nice stay. If in the Iowa City area and need a nice place to stay its worth it.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 August 2014

My sisters and I spent the night of August 16th at this hotel. We could not have asked for better service. The staff was prompt dealing with our requests and went above and beyond their duties. I look forward to going back again. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Whirlpool/Fireplace suite was beautiful, comfortable and roomy.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Valerie P
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Conveniently located minutes away from downtown Iowa City, IU Field Hockey Pitch, Kinnick Stadium, Coralville Mall, and plenty of restaurants. Continental breakfast wasn't sufficient enough for my daughter before her field hockey game but would please someone who doesn't need a large breakfast. Room stayed cool. Free WiFi was excellent. Our Room #229 faced the road/parking lot and was quiet. Only complaint, big problem to me, was the guests' doors slam shut all the time unless the neighboring guests cared enough to hold the door when closing. My suggestion would be to install a bracket so the all the doors don't slam when closing. Annoying anytime of the night and early morning. We got woken up so many times because of this.

Room Tip: There are train tracks right behind the hotel. We stayed Mon-Sun and never heard/saw a train. Don...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Eloina G
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I spent a few nights at the Heartland Inn and would not stay there again. The front desk staff, while nice, didn't really seem to be all that well trained. When I checked out of the hotel in the morning, I couldn't get a printed receipt for my last night (first two had been booked online, so my receipt was emailed); apparently, the third night had been booked incorrectly. Housekeeping forgot to put the decaf coffee in the room (for the coffeemaker) and there was an odd, musty smell in the hall and even in the room. I tried calling the front desk from my room once, letting it ring for 10-12 times and there was no answer. Tried it again and no one picked it up. I'm glad I didn't have an emergency!

The phone was on a VERY small stand next to the desk and it took up almost the entire top. I couldn't put my glasses and my phone on it very easily. While the room was clean, it wasn't anything special.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Petra Z
Reviewed 30 July 2014

My daughter and I stayed here for her college orientation. It is close to the University of Iowa, and there were many restaurants right within walking distance for us. The room was a little small, but clean, and have a microwave and mini fridge. The staff was friendly, and the complimentary breakfast was above and beyond. Made-to-order pancakes and waffles (the first day was regular or strawberry and the second was regular or blueberry), cereal, fruit, bagels, toast, donuts, yogurt... the list actually goes on!

The only (slight) negative was the pool. It looks great in pictures, but in reality it is a little small and could use a coat of paint. But that wasn't enough to keep us from enjoying for an hour or so.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2014

My husband & I stayed at the Heartland Inn for 1 night on our way to Colorado. The room was clean & modern. Check in & out was easy & fast. The free breakfast was just ok. Decent place for a short stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple