“Great Stay”

Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Coralville
Reviewed 24 December 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites
Write a ReviewReviews (1,175)

Reviewed 11 December 2013

I have stayed at other Baymont's and have been impressed with their cleanliness and accommodations. Not so much with this one. The first thing I noticed when I drove into the parking lot was all the construction trucks parked there. Check in was very quick and convenient. The man who checked me in was very friendly and helpful. I requested a room on the third floor. As soon as you step onto the third floor, you are hit with the smell of cigarette smoke. And the reason for that was the construction workers standing outside their rooms smoking in the hallway. When I entered my room, something just didn't feel right. The lights were on, the air was on full blast, there was an open bar of soap on the bathroom sink and then I noticed the yellow water in the toilet and the glob of toilet paper clinging to the side of the toilet. I immediately returned to the front desk whereupon I was quickly reassigned a room on the second floor.

The room on the second floor was fine. The beds were comfortable, as indicated by my oversleeping and missing breakfast. They clean up breakfast promptly at 9. I returned to shower and discovered, there was no shower curtain! And the bathroom towels were small and scratchy.

The pool was average size and the water was nice and warm! I also enjoyed using the exercise room.

I notified the manager regarding my stay and was promised a partial reimbursement (other than the gross factor in the first room, it wasn't all bad) but as of yet, I still have not been reimbursed (it's been over 6 weeks). Very disappointing stay, very disappointing manager and I will not stay here again. This facility is not worth the money they charge to stay here.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
manager36178, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Iowa City / Coralville, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your recent stay at the Coralville Baymont Inn & Suites was. We appreciate your honesty. I do see that you did not have wonderful experience with us and I want to make that up to you. We strive to exceed in service and cleanliness for all of our guests. I would like to look into why you did not receive a credit you were promised. If you could contact me at the hotel I would love to speak with you and make this right. We appreciate your business and want you to visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites
manager36178, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Iowa City / Coralville, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Reviewed 19 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites
manager36178, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Iowa City / Coralville, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Reviewed 18 November 2013

The first morning of our stay a dog began barking at 5:35AM across the hall. Ended after we were fully awake. The day manager said that if there is a problem they have the cell phone # of the tenant to call to come take care of any similar situation. That night we returned to our room at 10PM to find the same dog barking. I complained to the evening manager, who seemed more irritated by my complaint than by the noise. As the barking continued, I called 45 minutes later. He said the tenant had not answered his cell phone and he would deal with him when he showed up, as the tenant was now locked out of the room. About 15 mintues later the noise stopped. The next afternoon we returned to the hotel for a nap; yes, same dog barking. Complained again, and stopped for whatever reason after 30 minutes. From the night manager's comment after my 2nd phone call I would bet others complained as well, and that the management was not able to stop the problem. This was my third and last stay here.

Room Tip: rooms away from barking dogs are quieter
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay with us was. I do apologize for the dog that kept you up. We are a pet friendly hotel. We believe that to most people pets are part of their family. We do have two floors that do not allow pets and we can make sure that if you stay with us again, we will make sure that you get a good night's rest. We appreciate your business and hope that we see you again in the future.