“Quick stop”
Review of Motel 6 Iowa City

Motel 6 Iowa City
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Coralville
Motel 6 Iowa City
Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Coralville
Los Angeles
“Quick stop”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Room was clean. I had been quoted a price on the phone that morning and told they had plenty of availability, but when I arrived was told there were no more of that priced room available, so ended up paying more. Gal at front desk wasn't very understanding. Almost rude.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jim M

Couples
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 14 August 2013

That is an exact quote from the manager after I showed him the disgusting bedbugs crawling all over my bed at 2 a.m.
Someone in the room next door was playing their music so loud it woke me up a 2 in the morning. I turned on the light and looked at my pillow. BEDBUGS CRAWLING ALL OVER IT. I called the manager in and pointed out all the disgusting bedbugs on the bed. He said I could stay in a different room. I said no thanks I want a refund. He said no refunds for any reason, even after having just seen the bedbugs. I had to leave at 2 am and find another motel without getting my money back. In short, The Super 7 in Iowa City/Coralville should be shut down. It's disgusting. I now have a bed bug infestation in my home because of this place. It will cost me at least 500.00 to get rid of them.
Do NOT stay at this nightmare motel. EVER

Room Tip: There are no good rooms. Bed Bugs.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
15 Thank Liv b
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 29 July 2013

This occurred July 26, 2013. I have been in cheap hotels. I don't mind them, as long as they are clean. Here is the list of issues we had with this place, which is now a "Super 7". The place didn't feel clean. The room had scents of urine and mold and bleach. When my wife went to turn on the air conditioner, a roach scurried away from the controls. The towels were threadbare and stained. The pillows were very old. We asked for extra linens, and were told that the hotel was full, and there weren't any extra. My dad had made the reservations for two nights, and paid in advance. We did not even want to stay one night. We went to check out, and the person there said there were no refunds. They even had a sign printed out that left no doubt. It said "No Refunds" in large letters. I bet they have to employ that sign a lot. So congratulations, Super 7, you got to rebook that room (Coralville was completely booked up that weekend), and also got our money! Please use part of it to buy new towels.

Room Tip: Don't. Just Don't.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank TBT2013
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 25 February 2013

While driving from Boston to San Francisco, I stopped in this little town just north of Iowa City for the night, and was pleasantly surprised by how genuinely nice and helpful the people I met here were. The staff at Motel 6 sort of embodied that good-natured attitude; they couldn't have been more attentive or helpful. When I asked the front desk where I could go to eat, instead of just giving me a quick, canned answer, the man behind the counter asked, "Well, what do you feel like having?" I was pointed in the right direction for a cheap, filling dinner that suited my vegetarian needs...and was even told where I could grab a good breakfast the following morning.

The rooms were absolutely spotless, and a great value at $30 a night for two people. If you're in the Iowa City area (right off I-80) and in need of an inexpensive, clean, quiet motel, look no further than this place. I have nothing but positive things to say about my short but sweet stay here

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Alex S
Reviewed 11 November 2012

We booked this hotel on its own website.. we got there and they didn't have any more rooms for what we bookec (we booked 4 weeks in advanced) so they down graded us from a queen to two doubles (2 adults) online is was 90 dollars total for 2 nights.. they charged us 180 dollars.. we went to dispute it and they said they can't honor that price because it was a football weekend... and no where n the reservation does it say football weekend rates change.. and even if they do it needs to be included in the rate like every other hotels website... after two nights of having to stay there, we talked to the manager.. all they could give us was 17 dollars back... and they said they were the cheapest hotel.. while doing my initial search I found 3 hotels for same price(180) that they ended up charging us.. GO TO A DIFFERENT HOTEL! Absolutely bad business!

• Stayed November 2012
4 Thank gohawks22
la belle, mo
Reviewed 4 August 2012

I had actually booked a hotel through priceline but clicked on a Thursday for the next week. This was a last minute find (it was almost 11 pm and I just wanted a room after a long day of driving). The room smelled like mold. It was clean but I couldn't get over the smell. It did have a fridge which was one of the positives. There were 2 very thin, worn towels in the room. I'm sure I could have asked for more but I was afraid that they would have looked the same way. The bed had a u-shape to it. It was comfortable in the middle but the sides were higher and hard. I would not recommend this hotel. I also did not see the pool. We left as soon as we woke up and went to Hardees for breakfast (less than a block away). On the up note, the check-in worker was very nice

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank hilesLaBelle_Mo
Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Unfortunately, we had to take a room here when we visited during an extremely busy weekend in the Iowa City/Coralville area. This hotel was absolutely TERRIBLE! We travel often and stay in many different hotels and I think that this is one of the worst! Our room was tiny, smelled really bad, was very dirty and was not very secure. I was terrified the whole night and couldn't sleep on the hard, old, lumpy beds. All night long, there was shady characters in and out of their hotel rooms and hanging out in the parking lot just below our room, yelling all through the night. As if that wasn't bad enough, this hotel allows pets and there was a large dog in the room next to us, barking ALL night long. I called the front desk three times with no help at all. The pool was dirty, unusable and was full of leaves, sticks and rocks. BOOK EARLY AT A GOOD HOTEL, SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO STAY HERE!!!

Room Tip: Do not waste your money, even if it's only like $25.00!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family