“Did carry out one night, then came back for a second night”
Review of Petra Falafel House - CLOSED

Petra Falafel House
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed 20 August 2013

The Petra Falafel House is a student-type restaurant serving middle eastern food. I was staying in town three nights for a conference on campus, and on the second night I just drove around looking for take out for my motel room. Decided to try this and was quite satisfied. I had the Shishkabab platter which was nice marinated beef on rice with hummus and a pita and some pleasant green salad. I also added a side of dolmah. All quite good, but the dolmah made it a rather large meal. I decided to go back the next night, and I got chicken Shawerma Platter which had the same sides plus some excellent plain yoghurt. I probably would have gone back another night and tried the lamb shank! Nice prices, nothing over $10.99 (and that's the lamb). So, minimal ambience but fine food for a good price.

There are newer reviews for Petra Falafel House

Reviewed 17 July 2013

Clean and friendly restaurant. They were patient in explaining some of the customer favorites on the menu items. The hummus was the best I've had in the area. Huge portions with their platters, in this case the shawarma. The rice has a wonderful texture and flavor. Efficient but not "fast food", waited about 10 minutes but it was warm and fresh.

Seating is a bit odd with uncomfortably high chairs and low tables.

Reviewed 22 June 2013 via mobile

I really did not know what to expect (the surrounding restaurants are fast food). The food is fresh and tastes fantastic. his family owned and family ran restaurant is the place to eat, hands down.

Reviewed 9 May 2013

I live in Cedar Rapids and drive every day to Coralville to eat @ petra falafel house, its my fevorate place in town, huge portion for the money. very freindly staff and super clean place.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

Excellent Mediterranean food with very reasonable price, clean restaurant with friendly staff.I highly recommend this restaurant.