“Work Trip to Iowa” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Coralville
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Work Trip to Iowa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

The company I work for prefers the Marriott brand and I have found the Residence Inn brand to be the most consistent of all the properties. From the amenities to the staff, even for a 1 night trip, I will choose this Brand. This one in Coralville is very nice and I believe has been open for a year. The staff at this location was exceptionally friendly and accommodating. They knew I had to roll out at 4:30 am and offered to set me up the night before with a quick breakfast. The hotel is about 20 minutes south of the Airport and is very easy to access. There are plenty of restaurant choices around. Inside the room, they seemed to have thought of everything, convenient plugs, good wireless, a showerhead that is tall enough for me (6'4) and really made me feel at home.

Room Tip: I am not sure if rooms number 16 are consistently by the elevators in this hotel, but mine was. The...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Brian B, General Manager at Residence Inn Coralville, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay on TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate your comments. I am glad that you were able to enjoy your stay while you were here. I will say that you are correct all 16's are located in the same place of the building. If your not a fan of elevators we can always make other accommodations for your next stay. I am glad that it did not make that big of a difference for you.Next time you are in town please stop and see us again. We all look forward to you coming back in the future. From all of us here at the Residence Inn Coralville, Thank You!

Coralville Residence Inn by Marriott

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Manistique, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

Stayed here last minute without having read reviews, which I usually do, and I am glad I hadn't read them. I was a B&B innkeeper in downtown Iowa City for over 20 years and our place got excellent reviews, so I feel qualified to know what guests expect. In my opinion, this hotel is the best and I will stay here whenever there is availability when I am visiting Iowa City. The front desk staff help went beyond expectations, the room (room 112) was clean, spacious, desk big enough for two computers (better than at home) easy access to internet, bathroom lighting and vanity top ideal, kitchen amenities unbelievably comprehensive, adjustable thermostat and comfortable bed provided the best night's sleep. Didn't hear a sound - no blower, no other guests, no train. I have never stayed in a hotel so ideal. I could live here (that is if the place were on a lake like at home). Thanks to all of you there who made it so. It appears that you like what you are doing.

Room Tip: First floor is convenient for those with lots of bags. And although it is near the pool, didn't...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Brian B, General Manager at Residence Inn Coralville, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your unexpected stay with us. We are always glad to hear about our guest stays even if they don't happen to be 100%. I will say that we are striving to make sure that every guest is happy with every stay. I will make sure to share your comments with my hard working and dedicated staff. I am sure that they will truly appreciate the time that you took to review our product.

From all of us here at the Coralville Residence Inn,

THANK YOU!

319-338-6000
Wever, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

We stayed here last night and were greeted by very friendly desk staff. The place is fairly new.
Our room was on 2nd floor and to the North, we never heard a noise all night even though we were close to the Long Horn and RR tracks. Hot tub and pool area were nice and clean. Supper was BBQ chicken and a few trimmings which was fine. Breakfast was not bad, scrambled eggs, and sausage with taters, onions and peppers in them. Lots of other stuff to choose from too. The place was very clean and every worker there that we ran in to greeted or spoke to us. The room are really laid out nice and we will go back in the future...........

Room Tip: all rooms are king suites equipped with stove, fridge, dinnerware and the likes.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RI_Coralville_GM, General Manager at Residence Inn Coralville, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us on trip advisor. We truly appreciate that you have taken time out of your day to provide feedback for us and everyone looking for a great experience while they are in the Coralville/Iowa City area! Looking forward to the next time!

Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

The next time you are in the Iowa City area you should try the Residence Inn located near the Coralville Mall. My wife and I have stayed in their one bedroom units several time and have been very pleased with the value, cleanliness, friendly service, and homey atmosphere that make it a good destination when in Iowa City. There is a complimentary dinner served Monday through Thursday so you don't even need to leave the hotel for dinner, but if dinner out is on the menu, there is a Texas Roadhouse next door, an IHOP one block away, and Outback and Olive Garden just across the street. The one bedroom unit works very well for us as I like to get up early for coffee while my wife sleeps in a while. The units on the southside ground floor are the best as they are quieter and allow easier access to your car. Great value, clean and comfortable, and close to shopping, restaurants and hospital.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RI_Coralville_GM, General Manager at Residence Inn Coralville, responded to this review, 25 January 2014
Good afternoon!

On behalf of the entire team at the Residence Inn Coralville I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your stays on tripadvisor.com!

We truly appreciate the time that you took out of your day to let everyone know how much you have enjoyed your stay. I believe that we know what guest you have been and always look forward to you coming back.

Again, thank you for choosing to stay with us! Looking forward to making your next reservation next time you are in town!

Best regards,
Coralville, IA 52241
Houston, Texas, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

This hotel is relatively new and is extremely convenient if traveling on I-80, as well as being in very close proximity to the Coralville mall. The staff were very nice but I was hugely disappointed with the cleanliness of the room. Upon checking in, I found discarded cellophane and chocolate pieces at the entrance.....the room smelly musty....the glassware was nasty, sticky and generally unclean, and on my last day there, there were blood stains on 'fresh' towels (which never smelled fresh). Very disappointing - and clearly not up to Marriott standards.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RI_Coralville_GM, General Manager at Residence Inn Coralville, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Hello,

First let me start by saying that we are truly sorry for the experience that you had while you were staying with us. I can assure you that this is not how we operate and is not what we expect from our product.

If you could please reach out to me I would love to talk some more about your experience and see if there is anything else we could possibly do for you even on your next trip into town. We all hope you have a happy holiday season.

santa fe, NM
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2013

About 12 of my family members from all over spent 2 nights here in December 2013. The property was clean and attractive, very close to an Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Longhorn Steak House, and a mall with an ice skating rink. Very friendly employees, from the front desk to the (free breakfast and dinner) dining room to the maids in the hallways cleaning the rooms. The rooms are spacious and nice. The pool had steps at one end, which made an easy entrance for young children traveling with us. (Downside: tiled floor in the pool area was very slick, and led to several instances of the kids slipping and falling down. They should improve that area to make it less slippery when wet.) The hot tub was large and remarkably hot. Exercise room was well furnished, clean, and attractive.

Room Tip: We chose mostly suites, which consist of 2 bedrooms-with-baths flanking a central kitchen and living...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RI_Coralville_GM, General Manager at Residence Inn Coralville, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and the service that you received! We are all happy to hear that your entire family enjoyed your stay while you were here. I believe I remember seeing your family eating breakfast at our community table. Thank you for spending the Holidays with us! we hope to see you and the family again next year!

Happy Holidays,
Coralville Residence Inn Staff
Cummington, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

I spent several nights beginning of November at this property while visiting U of Iowa with my daughter, who was accepted and wanted to visit before making a decision. This property was recommended on the U of Iowa visitor website and offers a discount to parents visiting the school, as long as there isn't a major football game at the time. I am a big fan of Residence Inn anyway, but this property appeared to be brand new. In fact, the kitchen in our suite looked like it was straight out of a high end luxury condo or home. Seriously, I want to redo my kitchen now. Be sure to enjoy it. The lobby and breakfast area are very cozy and not the typical boring table arrangements for standard breakfast rooms. It really was like grabbing breakfast and eating in one's own den. The property is conveniently located close to U of Iowa and we went back and forth several times a day,as it was a quick 6 or so minute drive. No traffic either. While we didn't have time to shop, it appears as if this is next to the major shopping mall as well as all stores one would need to pick up things for move in day into dorms. There are many chain restaurants within yards of the property, though we enjoyed walking around Iowa City and enjoying the many cafes and small restaurants in the town. The rooms were so beautiful and comfortable that it was hard to leave in the mornings. My only suggestion would be to plan ahead and be sure to get your reservations early. The secret is out and they fill up quickly. Parents visiting students, business people, athletes, you name it, so don't miss out on staying here for your visit to Iowa City. FYI, we flew into Cedar Rapids and from the time we landed and got our luggage and rental car, the total time we spent leaving the airport and driving to Residence Inn was less than 20 minutes. As a footnote, the front desk clerks were always smiling and helpful. This is going to be my home away from home whenever I visit my daughter at school. Enjoy!

Room Tip: I had read other reviews suggesting staying in a room on hotel side away from railroad tracks to min...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Brian B, General Manager at Residence Inn Coralville, responded to this review, 14 November 2014
ello!

I would like to thank you for taking your time out of your day to review your one night stay. I will make sure to share your comment with our staff in our daily huddle this morning. They will be pleased to hear that you were satisfied with your stay and comments. I am also glad to hear that you will return in the future. If you could please reach out to me in the near future. I would like to talk to you more about your stay!
Feel free to reach me at Brian.Bowser@hawkeyehotels.com or 319-338-6000 ext. 704.

Have a great day and thank you again!