“Great staff, nice facilities” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn Coralville

Residence Inn Coralville
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Coralville
Wisconsin, USA
“Great staff, nice facilities”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

I recently held a one day training for members of my sales team at this hotel in their meeting room off the lobby. It is the second time that I have done so and I will most certainly return when the need arises in the future. The facilities are just what we need and the staff is very cooperative and thoughtful. They offer limited catering options, but they will print up menus for local restaurants, collect the choices, and even phone them in for you. We then had lunch in their breakfast bar in their lobby. As small, one day trainings can be pricey, this hotel offers nice facilities at a reasonable rate. Several of us stayed the night before and found the rooms to be spacious, clean and comfortable.

Stayed June 2014
Brian B, Manager at Residence Inn Coralville, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Good afternoon,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay/meeting with us on TripAdvisor. We were certainly happy to host your meeting, and are pleased to hear that you had such a positive experience. We look forward to having you back next time.

Once again, thank you so much for your business, we truly appreciate it.

Kathryn Jones
Assistant General Manager
Coralville Residence Inn by Marriott

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Plainfield, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

I love this hotel, it’s off the beaten path, I have been staying here since it opened and it is still great. Great food nearby and the mall if you need anything. And now a steak house right next door.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Itravelalot2011
Good afternoon!

I am so pleased that you took the time to fill out a review on TripAdvisor! I am glad to hear that you have continued to enjoy your stays with us. We really appreciate your loyal business, and cannot wait to see you back the next time you are in Coralville. Have a wonderful weekend!

Kathryn Jones
Assistant General Manager
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

Stayed two nights here on a points voucher for a temporary move. This hotel is in a great location near the mall and main roads. But it is also near the Railroad and while I visited there were several trains passing by and the horn from them woke me up and startled during the day. So if that is an issue for you, you may want to stay elsewhere. But I managed and it wasn't past 10PM so I slept well. Place was built in 2012 I was told by Sarah at the front desk so shout out to her and thanks for your excellent service while helping my wife and I find some local stores. Everything was newer so no complaints at all, and even with the train I would stay again. thanks for reading and if it helped give a thumbs up! As usual, video on the YouTube Channel for room 426.

RetiredArmyRANGER

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Brian B, General Manager at Residence Inn Coralville, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Good afternoon!

What a review! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay while you were with us. I want to thank you for taking your time to stop by trip advisor and leave such an extensive review with some great photos of our property and your guest suite. I will make sure to share your review with our staff especially Sarah for your shout out! I am sure that they will be very happy to hear your review! Like always if there is ever anything that we can do for your travels in the future please let us know!

On behalf of the entire team at the Award Winning Coralville Residence Inn by Marriott we say Thank You!

Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Residence Inn in Coralville, Iowa as part of a weekend getaway. We loved it! The hotel property is located on the western edge of Coralville/Iowa City and has very easy access to Interstate 80, but sits far back enough to not have any road noise. The mall is literally across the street. The mall has a movie theater that has movies starting at 10:00am and on Saturdays, the cost was $5.00. Great movie times for a quick movie ahead of lunch. Also, the mall has an indoor ice skating rink, but we didn't do any skating (but would consider next time). Down the road (about 1/2 mile, a Hy-Vee grocery store).

The Marriott staff at this property - very accommodating (we had a late checkout) and provided excellent local restaurant and cab service recommendations. There's a Longhorn Steakhouse adjacent to the property (perfect for a late night cocktail and dessert). Our room (Room 411) was outstanding and had plenty of room for us. We had stayed at the Marriott in Iowa City previously.....we felt this Residence Inn was a better property for us (given the location to the mall and the free breakfast buffet in the mornings).

Cab fare to downtown Iowa City was $18.00 plus tip - would highly recommend Marco's Taxi. Green/yellow mini-vans. Clean and fast for the to/from trip to downtown Iowa City.

The pool area was good-sized, clean and the workout area had very new treadmills and elliptical machines along with plenty of dumbbell free weights.

For our weekend getaway, this was an outstanding visit and we'd highly recommend this property.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Brian B, General Manager at Residence Inn Coralville, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write an extensive review of our staff and property! We are pleased that you did this for us. Also it is great that you pointed out so many things that are so close to our property. We all look forward to having you back on your next get away weekend. Hopefully you can escape the elements of the outdoors and have a quick Ice Skate session at the Coral Ridge Mall!

Again we thank you for your business and your time for your review!

General Manger
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

It's a very nice hotel and very clean. The rooms are really nice and the staff members were very nice and helpful. Shower had really good water pressure. It is in a good location and easily accessible. It was a wonderful stay and I would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We truly appreciate your business and the time that you took out of your day to stop by TripAdvisor.com!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

We had family and friends stay here for our daughters wedding. The staff was absolutely amazing! Friendly, caring and helpful! I would recommend this place to everyone who comes to the area. I cannot say it enough how pleased we were! !!!!! Everyone worked with us to reserve blocks of rooms for our guests and our guests ALL loved the rooms and meals! Thank you from the Brown/Oberman wedding family

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
RI_Coralville_GM, General Manager at Residence Inn Coralville, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
We are so pleased that you have taken your time to review your special weekend. I can't tell you how incredibly happy i was to hear from you before you left our property. Our entire team has heard your review you left for them. This could not have come at a better time to reinforce all their hard work and dedication to guest satisfaction and the teams recent award from Marriott.

We all say thank you for staying with us. We hope to see you in the future.

Best regards,
The Award Winning Coralville Residence Inn by Marriott
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

I spent three nights at the residence inn recently and had a phenomenal experience. The staff was fantastic and Mr. Bowser, the Hotel Manager was astounding. Breakfast was good each day and surprisingly different each day as well. Not just the same biscuits and gravy everyday. The room was spotless and the guy running the desk at night was good enough to bring my girlfriend up a pillow at 3:00am. Stupendous service and my new go-to hotel each and every time I'm in Coralville!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Hello! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your three nights with us. It is also a pleasure to see you took your time to review your stay with us. For that we thank you. We hope to see you many more times in the future.

Best regards