“Restaurant needs to work on communication”

LongHorn Steakhouse
Ranked #11 of 126 Restaurants in Coralville
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 August 2013

You may receive what you order and you may not. With a group of four people two received what they ordered and two did not. The management was excellent handling the situation. Our server was very apologetic. The restaurant corrected their mistake and deducted the mistaken items from the bill, so two people had their meals free.
The food was average. It would have been a pleasant experience had the orders come out correctly the first time.

Reviewed 3 August 2013

When the Longhorn opened this spring, my husband and I had stopped in for lunch. We each had a sandwich and soup. It was awesome!!! Great food, great service. This weekend we decided to try it for dinner. We were looking forward to the same quality of food and service. Big mistake. After a 35 minute wait, we sat down and our server was quite hurried and not real friendly. Our food was just as bad. The dressing on my salad was suppose to be honey mustard and it was mostly "yellow" mustard. The steaks were overcooked and over seasoned. The baked potato was suppose to be loaded and extremely dry. The waitress did not check back until we were almost done and then again very hurried. This is the first review that I have ever written as we do not like to complain, but we were very disappointed and will not be returning anytime soon. We have had much better service and food at the Texas Roadhouse and cost less!

Reviewed 3 August 2013

New restaurant to us and in apparent competition with The Texas Roadhouse. After our experience, I would stick with TTR. The menu choices were expensive and confusing (I know, how confusing could the pricing of sides be). The quality of the food was acceptable and the server more efficient than welcoming. It was extremely busy and despite having made a reservation, we still had to wait for our table. And the air conditioning was set on high which was extremely uncomfortable and I could not wait to leave the place.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

The longhorn is fairly new to this area. I have eaten at Longhorn where we live in texas, but my elderly mother wanted to go there. The service was super fast and helpful as my mother uses a walker. The menu was great and the steak I had was cooked to perfection. The appetizers wowed me and such a great selection Hat's off to you Longhorn for getting out of the gate so fast in a very competitive market.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

Great food & service. A chain restaurant that is above average in every way. Crusted parmesan chicken a favorite, and always great steaks!