“Love this Hotel”

Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Coralville
Council Bluffs, Iowa
“Love this Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

Everytime we attend an University of Iowa game we stay here. The location is perfect, the rooms are always clean, the staff is very helpful and the continental breakfast is just right. Also having a Walgreens, Walmart and restaurants within 6 blocks is very convenient. I have recommended this hotel to friends and they have experienced the same great accomodations.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
CountryInn52241, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Coralville, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our hotel and visit us every Iowa game. It is definitely an exciting season to be a Hawkeye!!!! Thank you so much for your recommendations and, most of all, for always staying with us. We look forward to your next stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

I pre paid my room two weeks before our stay on a credit card. I arrived one day early to beat bad weather and added one night stay by using my debit card. So far we have had an additional $1800 locked up on my debit card. New additional charges from 500 to 600 dollars a day continue to be added to our debit card. I cant finish shopping or even go out to dinner because they have locked up all my funds. They said they fixed it all and the next morning mire charges are there. This hotel has ruined our Christmas and stressed my husband and I out beyond immagination.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank kgrote2
CountryInn52241, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Coralville, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
We appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention. We understand the inconvenience an unexpected charge can cause. Please contact Dustyn, General Manager, directly if you require additional assistance in this matter.
Coatesville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

This was my second stay in Coralville, Iowa at the Country Inn & Suites in the past six months. This facility has a nice location just far enough from the interstate that you do not hear the truck
traffic. It is very quiet.
The pleasant surprise that awaited me this visit was the new mattresses. I went to bed and knew right away that I was going to get a good night of rest. I have no idea as to the brand or manufacture of these mattresses but I am certain that no expense was spared when they chose this. I slept all night long. A total delight.
The room rate was reasonable. Not that expensive.
The continental breakfast in the AM was good. There is a Culver's burger joint next door that is excellent for a lunch or evening meal.
Also, the parking lot is well lit, as one would expect.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
CountryInn52241, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Coralville, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our newly installed mattresses! At the Country Inn and Suites, we know how important sleep can be and are thrilled you were able to enjoy your stay! We look forward to your next stay.
Tagalong48
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

I enjoy staying at Country Inn & Suites and this one was just as I guessed - super! Nice and quiet, which I needed due to business. Beds were very comfortable and the staff awesome! Great location, right off of Interstate 80.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the comfortableness our hotel has to offer. With our newly installed mattresses in ever room and wireless internet upgraded, we know you will continue to receive the same experience each time you stay with us. We look forward to your next stay.
Washington, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

Every staff person we encountered went that extra mile to go above and beyond our expectations. We highly recommend this hotel. They upgraded our room to a suite, even though we used our reward points to make the reservation. Breakfast was good. Location is great, too.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your staff. We have shared your comments with our staff, and they love hearing stories from our guest with such kind things to say. We are so thrilled you enjoyed our hotel! We look forward to your next stay.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

Hotel is maintained well. It lives up to the standards I see at other Country Inns I stay at.

One issue I found on this stay, housekeeping is allowed to determine when you get up.
Meaning that the housekeepers make a lot of noise! They flip out the door latch and let the door slam each time they come in and out of the room.
This transfer to most of the rooms around that room. This is a housekeeping trick used in some hotels to get people up and out so the housekeeping staff can finish earlier.
It is lazy and unacceptable for a hotel to allow this to happen.
I paid for the use of the room and there is never a time I need to hear housekeeping! Never before check out time!

If you are checking in late be aware of this hotel policy.

Stayed November 2013
We apologize for the disappointing service you received from our staff. Our team works hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive our best service. I have addressed each housekeeper, personally, to assure doors will not be slamming, and door stops will be used. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you in the future!
Gurnee, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

Room is always clean. Everyone is friendly and it is close to University of Iowa to visit students. We have been staying here for the past for years while our children have been attending college. We will be coming back. Our youngest is a freshman.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
CountryInn52241, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Coralville, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are happy to hear that you stay with us while visiting your child at college. Please don't hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns. We look forward to your next stay.

Management