“Comfortable and reasonable”

Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Coralville
Twin Cities, Minnesota
“Comfortable and reasonable”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

We enjoyed our recent stay at the Country Inn & Suites. The receptionist at the front desk was very pleasant and our room was very comfortable. The price was reasonable and the breakfast was very sufficient. We would not hesitate to stay here again if we are in the area. The only complaint was that the side entry hallway and stairway was extremely hot! I don't know why the heater had to be on high. Fortunately the main hallway and room were comfortable.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
CountryInn52241, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Coralville, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have addressed the hallway heat issue with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Rochester, Minnesota
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Right when we were checking in, the sweet lady at the front desk was so warm and welcoming. She made sure we were satisfied throughout our stay and always had a smile on her face. Everyone we came into contact with was very helpful and the quality of the hotel was wonderful as well! This will be the hotel we stay at whenever we come back to Coralville!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our staff! They love hearing stories about our guest and how they were able to impact their stay with us! We look forward to your next stay.
Waterloo, Iowa
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I had to have some some surgery at U of I Hospital and we stayed for 3 days. The room was very nice and inexpensive. We asked for a mini fridge before checking in and they had a fridge, microwave, and coffee maker in the room before we checked in. We had feather pillows that my wife is allergic to and within 15 minutes had polyester pillows delivered to our room. Annie was the lady that checked us in and she was so sweet. She bent over backwards to make sure we were comfortable and then asked how I was doing after my hospital stay.Excellent service!!!!! Our room was clean and comfortable. It was a very nice stay.We will be back when we stay in Coralville.

Room Tip: If there are kids there for an event, ask for a room in another wing of the hotel. There were a lot...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your room, as well as our front desk representative, Annie. We will definitely share your comments with her! We look forward to your next stay.
West Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 19 January 2014

In December we had to travel to Iowa City for a funeral. Due to relatives homes being full we chose to stay at the Country Inn & Suites in Coralville due to its location. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Even though the breakfast area was under renovation the temporary set up worked very well. The room was nice and clean and the bed was very comfortable. Loved the cookies in the lobby. In any future trips to the area we will definitely stay at this hotel. I would recommend this hotel to anyone I know planning on staying in the Iowa City area.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our hotel and thank you for your patience during our renovation of our breakfast area! We look forward to your next stay.
Council Bluffs, Iowa
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Everytime we attend an University of Iowa game we stay here. The location is perfect, the rooms are always clean, the staff is very helpful and the continental breakfast is just right. Also having a Walgreens, Walmart and restaurants within 6 blocks is very convenient. I have recommended this hotel to friends and they have experienced the same great accomodations.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
CountryInn52241, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Coralville, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our hotel and visit us every Iowa game. It is definitely an exciting season to be a Hawkeye!!!! Thank you so much for your recommendations and, most of all, for always staying with us. We look forward to your next stay.
Reviewed 22 December 2013

I pre paid my room two weeks before our stay on a credit card. I arrived one day early to beat bad weather and added one night stay by using my debit card. So far we have had an additional $1800 locked up on my debit card. New additional charges from 500 to 600 dollars a day continue to be added to our debit card. I cant finish shopping or even go out to dinner because they have locked up all my funds. They said they fixed it all and the next morning mire charges are there. This hotel has ruined our Christmas and stressed my husband and I out beyond immagination.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank kgrote2
CountryInn52241, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Coralville, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
We appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention. We understand the inconvenience an unexpected charge can cause. Please contact Dustyn, General Manager, directly if you require additional assistance in this matter.
Coatesville
Reviewed 15 December 2013

This was my second stay in Coralville, Iowa at the Country Inn & Suites in the past six months. This facility has a nice location just far enough from the interstate that you do not hear the truck
traffic. It is very quiet.
The pleasant surprise that awaited me this visit was the new mattresses. I went to bed and knew right away that I was going to get a good night of rest. I have no idea as to the brand or manufacture of these mattresses but I am certain that no expense was spared when they chose this. I slept all night long. A total delight.
The room rate was reasonable. Not that expensive.
The continental breakfast in the AM was good. There is a Culver's burger joint next door that is excellent for a lunch or evening meal.
Also, the parking lot is well lit, as one would expect.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
CountryInn52241, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Coralville, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our newly installed mattresses! At the Country Inn and Suites, we know how important sleep can be and are thrilled you were able to enjoy your stay! We look forward to your next stay.