“Sunday Brunch”

Price range: US$5 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We specialize in Home made Pasta, Pizza, Salads and Sandwiches. We have over 34 beers on tap. 24 High Def TV's. Sunday Brunch. Daily Happy Hour from 3-6 and 9 to close. 2 Pool tables
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Had Sunday Brunch with my husband's siblings and spouses and father about a week ago. The brunch has good selection of both savory and sweet items. We were there kind of late--it goes until 2 PM but there was still plenty of food. The area where the buffet is set up is large and open so easy to find what you want and not too congested. The Manager brought us some cheesecake to our table after some in the party realized they had missed out and the buffet was being cleared away. We were able to sit at out table and visit comfortably for a little while afterwards and had our drinks replenished.

There are newer reviews for Mondos Draft House

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Mondos is a great spot for the hungry. The food was pretty good...and a lot of it. My girlfriend had a salad with a 1/2 of roasted chicken on top. She did not realize that the bones would still be in the chicken that was on top of the salad. She did not like it, and qustioned the presentation. I thought that was dumb too. Other than that...nice interior and a great meeting spot.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Stopped in here on a Sunday midday. Usually not a big buffet fan but Wow!! Lots of healthy options and the food was really good. Everything from eggs with spinach and cheese to chicken marsala and pork tenderloin. Veggies were cooked perfectly. Fresh fruit options and tasty desserts. For kids under 12, the cost is their age in dollars. Definitely not your typical buffet. Hope to be back on a trip through Iowa City again sometime.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

I've eaten at this place a lot times and generally been pretty happy. Sadly, this last trip wasn't the greatest. I continued to go back because the pasta is homemade. You just don't find that kinda quality in many restaurants. This time I ordered the pesto chicken pasta dish. The sauce was so heavy that the meal could have passed for a soup. Sadly, this ruined the meal for me, as the sauce overpowered all the other potentially wonderful things in it. Plus, the chicken had no flavor. It was clearly prepared earlier and just reheated and added to the meal.

My son ordered the kids cheeseburger but the meat was only half the size of the very large bun. When I asked the waitress about this, she said that kids only get a half of a burger, because it's "ground steak." Ok? Then how about putting it on a half of a bun or a kids sized bun? It was odd.

The kids' pizza is huge. Two kids could definitely share this. I think the crust was homemade--another nice touch. The price of the kids' meals is really great, too!

Short answer, I would go back and give it one more try just because of the homemade pasta, but it would really have to wow me.

1  Thank jwinterhouse
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Waited 15 minutes after being seated by the hostess to find a waitress. Had to get up and ask for one. Margarita (cheese and sliced tomatoes) pizza was fine, chicken wings were OK,. Tortilla soup was so salty it was inedible. French dip, the meat was way overdone and too salty. The as jus sauce was also too salty. Fish wrap was fried cod with Cole slaw. Fish was overcooked, almost burned, Cole slaw was too salty, inedible. We won't go back there again for dinner.