“Clean and quiet with great access to restaurants”

Comfort Suites Coralville
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Coralville
Reviewed 12 April 2011

We stayed here for one night and thought the hotel and room were clean and well kept. The staff was friendly and efficient. The mini suite room was spacious but the bed was too firm and moved/wiggled way too much when one of us turned in bed. The pool area is large and has a great water slide and huge spa. There are multiple restaurants in the mall across the highway and others within driving distance.
Ask for a room at the back of the building to be away from the highway and railroad tracks that run right in front of the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the building to be
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SueWSP

Reviewed 29 March 2011

This hotel has a great pool and the waterslide is awesome - even for the adults. Hot tub is huge and nice. Customer service is excellent. The requested crib was a nice quality pack n play and was alredy setup in our room (In other hotels we had to set them up ourselves). We also asked if they had a DVD player. They actually went out and bought a DVD player, the maintenance man came in and hooked it all up for us while we were at the pool and then came to the pool area to tell us it was all set up and the movie was ready to play. When our pasta from Pizza Hut was delivered without plates or forks the front desk was happy to grab some for us from their supply. Breakfast was very good with a nice variety of cold and hot items including sausage, eggs and waffles. Although the rooms seemed clean and the beds are comfortable, the room was very plain and could use a little updating. With our kids I will definately stay here again. If we didn't have kids and didn't utilize the pool, I would probably try something else for a more upscale room.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 March 2011

I recently stayed here while coming back to the University on a work-related trip. I stayed there with my family, which includes my two small boys. I cannot say enough about this hotel. The rooms are huge, and the separate little sitting area is a huge bonus. The breakfast is great and the pool is amazing. My kids LOVED the waterslide and we all loved the giant hot tub. Rooms are very quiet---would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 February 2011

Great customer service! Very clean, quiet, comfortable!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 January 2011

I went to this hotel with my family with 2 small kids. The loved the pool area and waterslide. We stayed on a Saturday & the water slide does not open until 5 PM, but for us that was not a big issue. Then it was open in the morning from 8-11 AM. The rooms were spacious and I thought the bed was very comfortable. I thought the breakfast was very good for a continenal. The kids loved the whip cream waffles offered. We got a very good rate of $89.00 for this hotel and were very pleased with it for that rate. We will more than likely go back

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 September 2010

Positves - Family suite rooms on 1st floor near the pool are great. Kids loved the bunk beds and the giant bean bag. Kids thought this was the best hotel ever, so I have to rate it ok. The pool and waterslide are great attractions, and we could sit and drink beer while the kids played. The location is perfect for football games, as the Hawkeye Express stops righ in front of hotel. The breakfast buffett was nice. The welcome present with a Hawkeye cooler and t-shirts was cool.
Negatives - The whole hotel has a dirty, wet feel to it. I am not sure if it is because of the waterslide or what. Our room felt damp and smelled moldy. The dining area never felt clean either. The carpet in the room was ripped up and I felt dirty there. I tried turning on airconditing and opening the windows - it did not matter. The pool has a paid moniter whoe does nothing but text on his phone the whole time. This causes misbehaved kids to dominate the waterslide. If they are going to pay someone to sit there, they might as well have a lifeguard. Finally, there is a huge parking lot behind the hotel - mostly for tailgaters. However, they must allow semi's to park there at night. So I could hear loud semi's humming all night long, which was annoying. $200 per night is pretty expensive for a comfort inn too! Also, our room was next to the fitness center, and it was really loud at times.

We will probably stay hear again, only because the kids loved it. If this hotel could fix a few things, it would be awesome.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 September 2010

Room was dirty, 2 live crickets on the bathroom floor, killed them, called desk, they came to my room and I showed them my Klenex with the smashed bugs, they sprayed it with bad smelling bug spray and left, no special compensation, nothing, will not stay again, very gross dirty room, stayed on the 3rd floor at the end.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple