Coralville Marriott Hotel & Conference Center
US$136
US$133
US$133
US$120
All reviewsthe concierge loungeparking garageiowa riverper dayfull service hotelon site restauranthotel guestsnice hotelthe river walkrestaurants and barsrooms are comfortablebusiness tripvon maurking roommini fridgeshuttle servicenice room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 January 2012

We had an extended family stay here in December. We found the rooms quite nice, and the restaurants were fine. But the staff was truly outstanding. They were attentive, responded to questions and requests with great patience. We also appreciated the Iowa Writers Room-- an extension of the Coralville Public Library, complete with a gas fireplace. The location is very convenient, and the views of the river lovely. I recommend the hotel for the facilities but most of all for the great staff.

2  Thank VivaMexicoLiz
Management2006, General Manager at Coralville Marriott Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2012

Thank you for your kind comments about our hotel especially the service you received. We appreciate your feedback and hope you will visit us again when your travels take you to the Coralville/Iowa City area.

Reviewed 28 January 2012

I attended a convention held here Jan 2012. This is the third time in 6 years same location. Always a great experience. Very clean, rooms are nice sized, quiet . Elevators are always available with in seconds and are quiet. Food is priced fair considering convenience. The bar area gets crowded and noisy but it is easy to just pick up a drink and sit elsewhere if privacy is what you are after. Lot's of areas to sit and talk , not just in a little lobby area. We receive a 15 % discount because we occupy 150 rooms. But at full price of 125.00 this is way better that some of the surrounding discount hotels. Parking is 8.00 but hotel will take care of this fee if you just ask. Nice location just off of I 80 but set back so no road noises. Good place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Iowatravelman

Many thanks for staying with us and providing us with feedback from your experience. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope you will continue to stay with us when your travels take you to the Coralville/Iowa City area.

Reviewed 4 January 2012

First off this hotel is very nice for the area. It is newer with modern decor and handsome rooms. Unfortunately, there are some real hiccups in regards to attending to the details of maintenance & housekeeping. Our dead bolt was sticking when we first left the room after checking in, my husband got the door to fully close, and we went to lunch. Came back from lunch and the dead bolt was stuck, holding my room door open...Housekeeping had come in while we were gone (extra towels), and our door was left open. Reported this and the door was fixed. We were very lucky nothing was missing from our room. The elevators were very streaked dirty and grimey on the outside and inside panel where you pushed the buttons...They were never wiped the whole time we were there, evidenced by the same gunk remaining on the panel/doors. Housekeeping is skimping on the dusting in the rooms too, I could write my name in the dust where they weren't moving items on the desk/charging area and it was just ridiculous the dust where the two parts of the desk overlap. The gym was nice and the pool was a good size with tables to sit at and watch kids swim etc...My husband did report that the pool water was a bit cool and my toddler's teeth began chattering before getting out...They have a beautiful library with UofI Writer's Workshop books, quite cool. The customer service was very friendly and efficient. This place could be an awesome addition to the area if they could get their housekeeping & maintenance on task.
You have to pay for parking, which is a hoot for Coralville, since there is plenty of land in the area...Things that make you go hmmm...
I look forward to these issues being addressed and being able to give this hotel an excellent rating in the future.

1  Thank musthavebeachsun

Many thanks for staying with us and providing feedback on your experience. We appreciate the nice comments on the service received from our staff. I do apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced and have shared your feedback with our staff for corrective action. We look forward to seeing you again whenever your travels take you back to the Coralville/Iowa City area.

Reviewed 1 January 2012

This hte best hotel in the Iowa CIty area. We have stayed twice for special occassions. The decor is unique with signed paintings by Iowa artists in each room and the lovely library stocked with books from the UI Writer's Workshops. I have also attended weddings and many conference/lunches at the hotel. Breakfast in the restuarnat is very good, but don't recommend it for dinner. We were disappointed on NYE that there was no high definition TV and our reception for the network stations was really poor.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank IowaCityMD

Thank you for staying with us and for providing us with feedback. We are very proud of our facility and the service we provide to our guests. Having the University of Iowa Writer's Workshop Library adds a little uniqueness to our hotel. We look forward to having you visit us again when travelling to the Coralville/Iowa City area.

Reviewed 12 December 2011

This was my first time staying here. We came for a wedding and because of that, received a cheap wedding rate and free parking. I loved how clean it was and that they had a gorgeous lobby with a giant Christmas tree, free churros and apple cider at night, a fireplace and a library. Everything was very clean. The rooms had plenty of pillows, plenty of towels, and wood paneling and overhead reading lights on the beds. There was an adjustable thermostat. We ate at the restaurant one night and the meal was large and oh so good-better than I've ever had at a hotel restaurant. I had the chicken panini and it came with olives, a few bites of potato salad, delicious water that was ice cold and French fries that were crispy and moist. The only complaint I had was that they didn't have hot chocolate in the coffee percolator in the lobby, but what tasted like just plain apple juice and they had virtually no good cable channels, except HBO, TNT, news channels, Disney Channel and football. Luckily, I was able to make do using TNT. I do not have cable or TV at home, so I was excited to be able to watch channels like Lifetime, HGTV, or TLC here. I think they should consider getting more cable channels. One other hard thing was that the rooms are made for people who are 6 foot or up. I am only five feet and had a hard time getting my shoes on when I woke up in the morning or getting in and out of the tub because everything was so high up. The other person who traveled with me has arthritis in her hip and knee and had a hard time with the high beds and tub as well. The front desk staff were all very nice. They also give you Bath and Body Works shampoo, lotion and conditioner.

1  Thank starz8

Many thanks for staying with us and providing feedback on your experience. We appreciate the nice comments on our Christmas decorations and the food and service in our Edgewater Grille. We are always looking for ways to improve the amenities that are provided for our guests and we will look in the possibility of adding more channels to our cable listings.