“A great experience in Coralville”

Coralville Marriott Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Coralville
Reviewed 16 March 2013

The rooms are modern and nice. Perhaps a little small but still nice. The breakfast was nice with polite and helpful staff who went out of their way to accomodat my wife's gluten allergy. I would stay there again without hesitation.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Management2006, General Manager at Coralville Marriott Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2013

Thank you for your kind comments concerning your most recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback. We are delighted you had a positive experience and hope you will come visit us again if your travels takes you to the Coralville/Iowa City area.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

I have elderly family in Iowa City and travel to this area several times a year. I always stay at this Marriott property. It is well located for my needs and very easy to access from the highway. While others may prefer to stay at one of the downtown hotels, Iowa City is relatively small and easy to get around so I have never felt like I was too far from anything staying in Coralville; and parking downtown can be a pain at times.

This is a relatively new Marriott, very well appointed and situated on the riverfront with lovely terrace, walkways and other amenities. The service and staff are excellent. Since when I travel here I am dealing with very stressful elder care issues, I see this hotel as my safe oasis. It is clean, wonderful beds and bedding, good restaurant and a charming library right off the lobby that is a tribute to Iowa City's fame as a haven for writers.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments from your recent stay with us and for being a frequent guest of our hotel. We do appreciate your feedback and I have shared them with our housekeeping and restaurant teams. Our library is a very popular area for our guests as all books were written by authors from the University of Iowa Writers Workshop. We hope you will visit us again if your travels take you to the Coralville/Iowa City area.

Reviewed 11 March 2013

Being I had never used Price-line to book a hotel where I name my own price I thought I'd take a chance and I'm very happy I did. I had an overnight stay at the Marriott with my family and didn't expect much but I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel was extremely clean and the staff was very courteous. Not just the front desk employee's but also the restaurant and other staff we ran into during our stay. The pool area was very clean and relaxing. The hot tub was wonderful! The rooms were very nice. Tidy, new, nicely decorated! The bathrooms were spacious, the shower had good water pressure along with a very large shower head. The bathroom also included shampoo and conditioner and a full size blow dryer! Nice touch guys! Overall I'd say I know where I'll stay from now on when visiting my daughter at school. The only downside was the parking situation. There is a parking ramp next to the hotel (which is good) but you have to pay $8 a day for parking (not good IMO.) Not crazy money like many other hotels I've stayed but really this is Iowa not LA. I know parking is a premium in Iowa City I'm guessing they charge for parking because of the school and Kinnick stadium. Still would be nice if it was included in the initial cost of the hotel.

Room Tip: The backside of the hotel overlooks the Iowa River. Nice view if you can get it. Also there is an...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments concerning the service you received and the cleanliness of your room. I have shared your comments with the entire staff at our most recent rally. I apologize if you had any issues related to the parking ramp. It is owned and operated by the City of Coralville, but we do collect the daily fees for them as it does assist the guests with in and out access. We appreciate your business and hope you will stay with us again when your travels take you to the Coralville/Iowa City area.

Reviewed 11 March 2013 via mobile

I stayed here one night while on business & I was very pleased with my staff. The gentleman that checked me in was very polite & informative...explained to me how the parking ticket worked for the garage.

I had a king room & it was very nice & roomy. It had a great layout with a nice view & the bathroom was roomy as well.

We had drinks in the lobby bar & the bartenders were great! The one gentleman that waited on us was very punctual with our drinks & also very friendly...great customer service!

I would definitely recommend this hotel if staying in the Coralville area. I will be back!

• Stayed: March 2013

Thank you for your comments concerning your stay with us. I have shared them with our bartending team. We appreciate your feedback and hope your will visit us again when your travels take you to the Coralville/Iowa City area.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

We did a week-end in Iowa City and stayed here thru a deal on price line. We felt we got a good deal on price line, but then we were a little disappointed when we found out that we had to pay an additional $8 per day for parking.

When we got there and checked in, we asked for a high floor away from the elevators with a good view. They put us on the top floor away from the elevator with a great view of the river and walking path. The young lady that checked us in was very nice and accommodating.

We liked our room, it was a little small, but nice. There was a coffee maker with coffee and tea supplies and a refrigerator. The bed and pillows were comfortable.

We took advantage of the large pool , early in the morning while it was quiet. Then we went on a walk along the river.

There is a new Micro Brewery next door that has good root beer, beer, and pizza.

Room Tip: Room 806, on the top floor in the back, was a good room with a good view
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Management2006, General Manager at Coralville Marriott Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2013

Thank you for staying at the Coralville Marriott and providing us with feedback on your experience. I am delighted to know that your stay with us was comfortable and you were able to experience the pool and walking path behind the hotel.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

Stayed here several days in Feb 2013 for work. The staff was friendly, food was excellent and hotel was very oriented toward the guest. Concierge lounge was one of the best I have experience in the states. Will plan to use this hotel next time I am in the area.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for staying at the Coralville Marriott Hotel and providing us with feedback on your experience. We appreciate the kind comments that you provided us on our service, quality of food and concierge staff.

Reviewed 21 February 2013

Just returned from a visit to the University of Iowa for a wrestling meet. We made reservations very last moment and they were able to accommodate us in connected rooms which was very convenient for the whole family. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. The only thing that didn't go so well was our Sunday brunch in the restaurant. I told the manager that we had a large party of seven and that we would be coming down in about a half hour for the buffet. We arrived on time and still had to wait for 20 minutes for a table even though we could see tables large enough for us were empty. Also,keep in mind that you will be paying for parking while you are there.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Management2006, General Manager at Coralville Marriott Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience during your stay at the Coralville Marriott. We appreciate your feedback and have shared it with our team members. We are very proud of our product and the service we provide our guests. I am glad you had a positive experience specifically the cleanliness of your room. I do apologize if we did not meet your expectations in the Restaurant. I have shared your comments with the Restaurant Manager for follow up and corrective action.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Coralville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Coralville - Iowa River Landing
Hilton Garden Inn Iowa City Downtown University
Holiday Inn Express Coralville
Comfort Suites Coralville
Comfort Suites Coralville
#7 of 21 in Coralville
Baymont Inn & Suites Iowa City / Coralville
Radisson Hotel & Conference Center Coralville - Iowa City

Been to Coralville Marriott Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!