“Wonderful Stay”

Coralville Marriott Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Coralville
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I recently stayed at the Marriott in Coralville Iowa and was very pleased both visits. The friendliness of the staff, motivation to meet my needs, rooms and food were all wonderful. The managers went out of their way to provided special services we needed and were helpful in their recommendations. The rooms were very clean and well maintained and I will most definitely return for a stay there. We made arrangements directly with the reservations there and were able to get several things added to a package price. If I had booked thru an online source this would not have been the case and would have had to pay extras. Sometimes it pays off to actually talk to someone, ask for what you want over the ease of online booking.

Room Tip: Make sure you get an odd room number in order to get optimal cell service.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 30 April 2014

I really liked the location of this property. It is located on the river in a reclaimed brownfield site. Several restaurants were within easy walking distance and the hotel dining was good as well. I usually run in the morning and liked the location off of any main roadways which limited traffic. The workout area was a little small but held a good amount of equipment. The weather was rainy when I was there, but I think the river front would be a very enjoyable walk.

Room Tip: Get a room on the backside to enjoy the river iew.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I was surprised at the expense - I'd spent the previous night in Des Moines at a Holiday Inn and got a 1. better room, 2. better rate, 3. free parking, 4. a fridge in the room, and 5. a much better night's sleep.

there are pipes or something in the wall - every time someone took a shower or flushed, the tapping was heard in my room leading me to not get any sleep at all. The bedside clock has a night light and the smoke alarm and a flashing light which also bothered me all night.

Bath products were awesome, shower was nice and hot. Bathroom is laid out a bit weird - but not a huge deal.

The hotel itself is lovely and has nice conference spaces. The parking garage is a bit of a pain - you'd think they would have a covered walkway to the garage but that's not the case. The card reader didn't work all the time - I had to get assistance to get out of the garage one time.

Finally, fridges would be nice!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
CoralvilleMarriottGM, General Manager at Coralville Marriott Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Tawney, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Your comments on how beautiful the hotel is are greatly appreciated. I will further look into the noises you heard ensuring other guests do not experience the same. Please feel free to contact me directly if i can be of further asisstance in anyway. regards.

Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

We needed a place for a stopover during a long trip we picked marriott because we know the quality is good. They had a room for us at a decent price and were very nice. However, the wifi wasnt free nor was there any type of continental breakfast. If I had to do over again I probably would have checked the hampton out first.

• Stayed: April 2014
CoralvilleMarriottGM, General Manager at Coralville Marriott Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dawn, thank you for your comments. I am glad you enjoyed the quality of the hotel. We do offer complimentary internet service in our lobby, restaurant, bar and library but i understand this is not the same as complimentary in the guestrooms. We will seek to offer more inclusive packages at a value for customers based upon your feedback. Again, thank you.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

You wouldn't know it from its outdated facade, but this Marriott property is first-rate and fresh. The rooms are modern and newly renovated, and the rear of the property is well-manicured and right on the river. It makes for a beautiful setting.

I was a little disappointed at the price of the rooms. Realistically, I probably would not stay here again because of the new Homewood Suites a block away with rooms at 30% of the price and other cheaper hotels in the area, but I did enjoy my stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
CoralvilleMarriottGM, General Manager at Coralville Marriott Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Joseph, thank you for your review and comments on our modern hotel along the beautiful setting along the river. We love the wetland preserve area directly behind us. We would really like to see you stay with us next time when traveling, keep your eyes open for summer rate specials! Again, thank you.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Traveled here on the way to mayo clinic. Hotel is near lots of eating and shopping. Ask for room with view of river! Needed microwave and happily provided one in our room. Lobby provides fresh cucumber water

Room Tip: Ask for scenic view of the river.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
CoralvilleMarriottGM, General Manager at Coralville Marriott Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

It was a pleasure having you stay with us! Thank you for choosing to stay at the Coralville Marriott and we look forward to hosting you again next time your are in town.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

This was a second time to stay at this property . This hotel will nickel and dime you to death. Service was poor. The food in the executive was not the best. Drinks were very overpriced. No complimentary coffee in the lobby not a big deal but before 630 am they should have it there. Room was okay . For the price paid per night you would think they would try and make it a better experience for platinum members. Will probably not ever stay here again . You have to pay for parking. Just not an impressive stay at all .

Room Tip: Try a different hotel
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
CoralvilleMarriottGM, General Manager at Coralville Marriott Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2014

I am so sorry to hear your stay was not up to your expectations. As a rewards member with access to our concierge lounge, we do offer coffee early in the morning. We also just began offering room packages that are inclusive of parking and internet - bundled for our guests. We would really value the opportunity to serve you again in the future and hope that you will choose to come back. Please feel free to reach out to me directly, i would like the opportunity to ensure you know we value your business and that we want you to return when traveling to coralville/ iowa city.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Coralville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Coralville - Iowa River Landing
Hilton Garden Inn Iowa City Downtown University
Holiday Inn Express Coralville
Baymont Inn & Suites Iowa City / Coralville
Radisson Hotel & Conference Center Coralville - Iowa City
Comfort Suites Coralville
Comfort Suites Coralville
#6 of 21 in Coralville

Been to Coralville Marriott Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!