I recently stayed at the Coralville Marriott on a business trip. This is an awesome hotel! It's located in Coralville (Iowa City) area, and just opened in August I believe.
The rooms were very nice and the furnishings were top notch. Very comfortable bed, flat screen TV with connections for external devices (compositve and S-Video, VGA, HDMI), nice working desk with phone and high-speed Internet connections. (Supposedly high speed Internet is $9.95/day per the standard Marriott package, but the system kept offering me a free day during my entire stay!) The bathroom had a nice granite countertop and the shower was good. Roomy closet, nice coffee area (NOT in the bathroom, which I liked). In short, just great! The 7th & 8th floors are concierge floors, and from the outside, it looked like many 8th floor rooms would have floor-to-ceiling windows.
The hotel also has a restaurant. I only ate there one monring and had the breakfast buffet, which was a little overpriced at $11, but the food was very good. The hotel also has an indoor pool and hot tub, which is next to the fitness center. The fitness center was a little small, but had a recumbent bike, 3 or 4 treadmills, 2 elipticals, a weight machine, and free weights. Also, the room has 2 flat screen TVs and each piece of cardio equipment has its own small TV -- bring your own headphones for those, though.
The fixtures and furnishings were a dark, rich wood and earth tones. Very impressive! Staff was always polite, greeting me when I entered or exited through the lobby. I never really had a chance to interact with them except to check in and out.
Parking for the hotel is in the adjacent city-owned garage. It's not connected, and although it's situated just across the sidewalk, the walk from the garage to the front door could be a cold one in the winter. Parking is a little pricey at $8/night, and the card access system is a little strange (although they said they were working with the city to get that changed).
The Marriott is located just off I-80 at exit 242, one west of the Coral Ridge Mall. It's nice that the hotel is close to it without being right there. The location is a formerly industrial area being redeveloped; the road is a nice brick lined drive with a roundabout -- very classy looking. Condos are being built near the hotel, and it looks like there is room for additional businesses along the street. Just down the road are a number of restaurants, lots of chains but also some local places.
I really enjoyed my stay, and look forward to staying here in the future if I'm in the area!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located adjacent to the University of Iowa, Coralville Marriott Hotel & Conference Center is one of the finest hotels in Iowa City. Featuring smoke-free accommodations and the area's largest meeting space, our hotel in Coralville, Iowa is within easy reach of Cedar Rapids and Des Moines. The perfect place for conferences, elegant weddings, family reunions and retreats of all sizes, we offer 60,000 sq ft event space, including a 30,000 sq ft exhibit hall and innovative guest rooms - each equipped with wireless internet access, plasma TV, Marriott Revive bedding and a spacious workspace. Guests can enjoy our hotel's walking trails, dining, indoor pool, 24-hour health club and unique Iowa Writer's Library, housing manuscripts from the country's oldest society of writers. Complimentary Internet access is available in public spaces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Coralville Marriott Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Coralville Hotel And Conference Center
- Marriott Coralville Hotel Coralville
- Coralville Marriott Hotel & Conference Center Iowa