By far the nicest motel ever to exist in the Iowa City area. I go to town several times a year and have tried MANY area hotels, and absolutely thought this one was great.
On the plus side:
-Beautiful lobby area and friendly reception staff
-Room was VERY comfortable, with great bedding, nice television, and superb lighting
-Free wireless internet in rooms is a HUGE plus that's much appreciated.
-Grounds of the area are becoming a nice "tourist" area with new shops and restaurants currently being constructed along a riverbank.
-Exceptionally clean, with good showers and amenities.
-Workout room has mini-televisions built into treadmills, etc.
-Weekend room rates very affordable
A couple minor negatives that keep the Marriott from being a 5-star experience:
-Parking fee of nearly $10 per night seems ridiculous for a hotel that isn't in a downtown area. Should be free parking, or simply add $5 to room cost.
-Air conditioning doesn't cool appropriately. Temperature won't cool adequately for people like me that prefer a rrom to be a bit chilly at night.
-No microwaves or mini-fridges in rooms.
-Security doesn't monitor kids properly. Kids riding elevators for hours pressing all the buttons. Kids running dangerously around pool area screaming. Kids running up and down hallways screaming until around 11:30 at night.
All in all, a very good stay, a very nice hotel, and one that I'd recommend with just these few minor drawbacks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located adjacent to the University of Iowa, the Coralville Marriott is one of the finest hotels in Iowa City. Featuring smoke-free accommodations and the area's largest meeting space, our hotel is within easy reach of Cedar Rapids and Des Moines. The perfect place for conferences, elegant weddings, family reunions and retreats of all sizes, our hotel in Iowa City features 60,000 sq ft event space, including a 30,000 sq ft exhibit hall and innovative guest rooms - each equipped with wireless internet access, plasma TV, Marriott Revive bedding and a spacious workspace. Guests can enjoy our hotel's walking trails, dining, indoor pool, 24-hour health club and unique Iowa Writer's Library, housing manuscripts from the country's oldest society of writers. Complimentary Internet access is available in public spaces. Enjoy a delicious meal at Edgewater Grill, our on-site Restaurant. Escape to the Coralville Marriott Hotel for an unforgettable stay in Iowa City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Coralville Marriott Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Coralville Hotel Coralville
- Marriott Coralville Hotel And Conference Center
- Coralville Marriott Hotel & Conference Center Iowa