“Trip to Iowa”

Hampton Inn Iowa City / Coralville
Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Coralville
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Clean and quiet. Breakfast was pretty basic but it served the purpose. Good location. Close to restaurants and the University. While I did not use it, the pool looked inviting. Bathrooms were small but clean. Internet was relatively quick and reliable. But I was not really running it through tough demand. Typical Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
ChrisPhillipsAGM, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Iowa City / Coralville, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear Michael G,

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn in Coralville as a stopping point on your journey. People tend to choose our location for our convenience being just north of Interstate 80. However they also choose us because of the cleanliness of our facilities and our great service. I am that our amenities were up to par with your expectations and that you were able to enjoy a nice breakfast. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us here at the Hampton Inn Coralville and next time you make the trip we would be delighted to have you stay with us again.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 February 2014

it was a good experience stayinga t this motel and i enjoyed it and would return again if opportunity allowed. i dont know what else you want me to post.. good bed, good food, good service during my stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
ChrisPhillipsAGM, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Iowa City / Coralville, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for posting a review on trip advisor about your recent stay with us at the Hampton Inn. A "good bed, good food, and good service" is what we strive for and I am happy we were able to live up to this expectation. We welcome the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

We were billed for a three-day stay when we only stayed two days!! We arrived on a Friday during check-in time, we were billed immediately for our first night. Then we stayed a second night and left Sunday morning before check-out time. When I arrived home I noticed I had been billed once again for the Friday night stay. Cost me well over $300 for a two-night stay AND we had AARP. The original excuse was I had used a debit card for the initial payment. This was the first time any hotel ever charged me before I stayed in their facility!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Michelle S,

Thank you for expressing your concerns regarding your stay with us. I am deeply sorry that your lodging requirements did not meet your expectations. Please accept my sincere apology. I would like to assure you that guest satisfaction is the goal of our staff.

When using a debit card, we initially authorize the card for the full amount of the stay to ensure that the funds are available. If you decide to check out early or extend your stay, these initial authorizations will not be returned to your card until checkout. My General Manager has spoken with your bank and they have confirmed that the first authorization, at the time of check-in, will be returned to your card today.

Again, I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

With highest regards,

Reviewed 3 February 2014

I would not reserve this room again. The whirlpool was gross. Also be aware that the room service food is VERY greasy... I have stayed in many Hampton Inn hotels that are very nice so this was very disappointing.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
ChrisPhillipsAGM, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Iowa City / Coralville, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Dear Bridget P,

Thank you for expressing your concerns regarding your recent stay with us. I am deeply sorry that your lodging requirements did not meet your expectations. Please accept my sincere apology. I would like to assure you that guest satisfaction is always the goal of our staff.

I will pass along your comments about the onsite restaurant to the Food and Beverage Director. I hope you will allow us another opportunity to serve you as our guest and prove that we can deliver impeccable service.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed 18 January 2014

Breakfast bar was well stocked and staff friendliness was excellent. We wont the room as a gift from a Christmas party and was blessed to have a hotel so close that we could just spend the night with no hassles and enjoy the whirlpool, fitness center and breakfast bar at our own leisure. We truly enjoyed being able to relax because our jobs are stressful at times but we felt safe and secure staying at the Hampton. We will definitely stay here for a date night again. Blessings to the staff.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Pam F,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We were glad to share in your Christmas gift and hope you choose our hotel whenever you’re in the Iowa City area. We strive to provide a home away from home for those with a stressful workload and I am glad that you were able to enjoy yourselves. I will be sure to pass along your positive comments to my staff.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

Overall I enjoy staying in the Hampton Inns. This is no different than most. Room was quiet, well kept, and clean. TV allows HDMI plug in which I enjoy so I can watch an occasional movie on my laptop. Breakfast is always a nice free bonus and the staff is almost always very friendly.

My only complaint is that there was hardly any water pressure in the shower. I mean it felt like a trickle of water. I did inform the front desk, and they were very speedy about trying to fix it. They sent someone up and replaced the shower head with a newer one. I was hopeful but when I used it the following day, it was marginally better. A shame! I give them A+ for effort!

I recently gained Iowa as a market of mine, so I will be spending A LOT of time there and would love to station myself in this hotel when I am in town however, I may have to spend a bit more and do a Hilton Garden Inns next time to compare.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Melfore,

I want to thank you for posting a review on trip advisor about your recent stay with us. I was pleased to see that our hotel met your high standards and am very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. I appreciate your comments about our speedy maintenance team and efforts to resolve your issue. I will be sure to pass your kind words along to my staff.

I look forward to the opportunity to have you as our guest in the future.

With highest regards,

Front Desk Supervisor

Also consider these accommodations in or near Coralville
Baymont Inn & Suites Iowa City / Coralville
Comfort Suites Coralville
Comfort Suites Coralville
#6 of 21 in Coralville
Radisson Hotel & Conference Center Coralville - Iowa City

Been to Hampton Inn Iowa City / Coralville? Share your experiences!