“Good Value for Money”

Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Coralville
Chicago, United States
“Good Value for Money”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Summary: Inexpensive and good value for what you pay. I have stayed at the Hampton Inn near Coralville, IOWA probably 15 times now over the last 6 years for business travel. I rate this hotel as average simply in comparison to other, sometimes world class hotels that I have stayed at around the world including the Hiltons of the Hilton Brand. Pros: - Rooms and beds are clean and comfortable. - Front desk staff friendly. - The room rates are very reasonable. - Has pool and small workout room. - Has conference rooms for rent that do nicely for meetings and events. - Breakfast provided in dining room in the mornings (locked the rest of the day). Cons: - Lacks the small extra touches that are found at more expensive brand hotels (or even at the Holiday Inn next door) such as a bath robe, glasses (just paper cups), microwave... - Bar fridges are not standard in rooms, must be requested and sometimes they run out of them. - No working cold water fountain. You can either drink tap water, purchase a water bottle (or other beverages) from the dispensing machine or presumably wait until the ice from the free ice machine melts. - TV Screen seemed a little on the small side compared to other hotels. Tip - The Holiday Inn just next door (they share a building complex and are run by the same management team) had more mod cons and I think it charges the same price. Just not part of the Hiltons Honors for those of us on that loyalty program.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

ChrisPhillipsAGM, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Iowa City / Coralville, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Dear Benjamin H,

I'm glad you've been satisfied with your many stays at our Hampton Inn. The condition of our rooms is one of our highest priorities, which is why we wash the duvet covers every day. Thank you for letting me know how much you appreciate our efforts to go the extra mile for our guests. Hopefully, we'll see you again soon.

Erika Pohlman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

This is not your usual Hampton inn. This property is old and not kept up too well. We had to change room 3 times due to air conditioner not working and loud; musty moldy smell and third room the room is good but has a huge crack in the window. It's too exhausting and like I said not your typical nice Hampton.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear ylm_12,

I'm sorry to hear that your stay didn't meet your expectations for our Hampton brand. I appreciate reviews like these to help ensure that guest room problems are fixed promptly so that we can continue our goal towards 100% guest satisfaction. We fixed the issues you encountered since you were here and hope you'll take the time to visit us again.

Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I made a reservation to stop here as it is halfway between my home and the city where I was traveling for business. This hotel is built on a hill so the parking lot is a further distance from the entrance than at most other hotels. While the common areas seemed updated, the lobby and eating area are small, I had a "king suite" which consisted on a king bed and a sofa bed. The only closet in the room was a faux wood-type cabinet next to the desk and I'm not sure why it is called a "suite" as it is only 1 room and did not have a refrigerator and/or microwave in the room. In addition, the room was very plain and the bathroom was quite small. I marked the value for this hotel as "poor" because the room was so plain and did not offer more than a couch, a bed and a small bathroom. The room cost around $150 (including tax) which is crazy as I had a much nicer room at a better Hampton Inn located in the downtown area of a major city and it was only $130 (including tax). The one bright spot for the Coralville Hampton Inn was the Breakfast. There was fresh fruit, cereals, lots of hot breakfast foods, yogurt, juice and more. It was one of the better breakfasts that I've had at a Hampton Inn. If I find myself in the area in the future, I will be staying somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear NebraskaTravelnut,

Thank you for telling us about your recent stay with us. I'm glad you got to enjoy our breakfast. We like to keep a variety of options on our breakfast line so that everyone can find something to enjoy. I hope the next time you're in the area, you'll stop back to see us again.

Kansas
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stayed here on our way to Canada for vacation. The hotel was very nice. The staff was friendly. We had a good nights sleep. Beds were comfy. It served breakfast in the morning. That was nice and normal for a Hampton Inn which we appreciate very much. It was kinda laid out differently then other hotels which kinda caused a traffic jam while trying to get your breakfast items. Over all it was a very good stay and I would recommend.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
ChrisPhillipsAGM, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Iowa City / Coralville, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear ssheilmn,

As you mentioned, we are very fortunate to have an attached restaurant, The River City Beefstro, as an on-site option for our guests and I am glad that you were able to enjoy this amenity! It is encouraging to hear positive feedback as it fuels our desire to provide quality service to our guests! Thank you again for staying with us and I look forward to your return.

Grand Rapids, United States
Reviewed 3 July 2014

My son and I stayed here while we visited the Univ. of Iowa. Easy on and off 80. Close to the Univ. and mall. Very clean. Restaurant next door. Nice. Breakfast offered warm entrees and convenient when in a hurry.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

ChrisPhillipsAGM, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Iowa City / Coralville, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Christy C,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to the University of Iowa. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast bar! I encourage you to utilize our breakfast-to-go bags in the future as you can take them with you when you do not have time for a sit down meal. Thank you again for sharing your experience and I welcome your return to the property!

With great thanks,

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Nice place with a really good front desk staff. They took care of the only issue we had immediately. The breakfast had a nice variety of food including fresh fruit. There is an attached restaurant for drinks and dinner. We will be back.

1 Thank Jose L
ChrisPhillipsAGM, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Iowa City / Coralville, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear 749tylerh,

Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience during your recent stay with us! I'm proud to say that we hand cut our fresh fruit every day and will be sure to pass along your kind words to our breakfast staff. I welcome your return! :)

Olathe, Kansas
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We were heading to DesMoines but needed to get off RT 80 early do to the weather. The hotel, right off the highway provided friendly easy to work with staff who were knowledgable about the area. While the rooms were clean and quiet the flooring and woodwork are a bit worn. This was our 3rd Hamton in 7 days and it provided us with the lowest room rate (maybe higher during the school year as a University is near by?). There is an restaurant attached but we did not visit it.

Room Tip: Near a major highway so select rooms on higher floors farther from the elevators which seem to be ne...