“Excellent service for business travelers”

Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Council Bluffs
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I was pleasantly surprised at the service I received at this hotel. They went above and beyond to satisfy my requests. Despite having an onsite Casino at this location, it was not the least bit of a problem. It was very quiet and overall, a good stay. I would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Shana C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear KShaklee,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs. We truly appreciate your business. I also wanted to thank you for taking the time to post your experience on TripAdvisor.

Thank you so much for the excellent rating and wonderful comments. I was so happy to learn we were able to satisfy your requests.

Once more thank you so much for your wonderful comments. I hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in the Omaha/Council Bluffs area.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs

Reviewed 30 July 2014

This hotel was wonderful! The shuttle service is AMAZING (will take you and pick you up anywhere within 5 mile radius) and the staff was wonderful! Definitely recommend this hotel and the whirlpool suite for couples ;) We had a ton of fun in the hotel at the bar and casino as well as in council bluffs without having to pay a cab

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Shana C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Katie C,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs. We truly appreciate your business. I wanted to reach out and thank you for posting your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding the staff and shuttle service. We were so happy to learn that you had a ton of fun.

Thank you again and I hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in the Omaha/Council Bluffs area.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I've stayed in several Hiltons and this one was the worst. Maybe my expectations are just too high from the service and comfort I've experienced from the others. Upon arrival there was nowhere to park. Cars were stacked up in the parking lot making it hard to get around and no spots were available. It was a small lot and I ended up parking across the street. Maybe there was some kind of event (the hotel is connected to a casino which I didn't realize) and others were taking the spots??

When we arrived, the lady at the front desk was not impressive. Started the conversation with "looks like we're overbooked." After booking the hotel nearly 3 months in advance and driving 15 hours that day I didn't want to hear that. After 5 minutes of looking at here computer screen she said she had a room for us but that the next person may not be so lucky. ????

We got to our room, which had the usual Hilton comfortable beds and pillows. Unfortunately, the air conditioning wasn't working so it was way too hot in the room. At midnight, I called to the front desk (got the same check-in lady) to get some help. She said she'd do her best to get us a box fan since "many of the rooms were hot that night." Not sure why that would be. Anyway, 10 minutes later, we were happy to get a box fan and eventually we all were able to sleep.

That's about it. Pretty disappointed and would avoid that hotel in the future.

Dear MattG,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us again. We truly appreciate your business. I wanted to reach out and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

I apologize that for the issues you experienced during you stay. Please know that I will review your experience with both our front desk and maintenance staff.

If you would like, I would like to talk to you about your experience on the phone or through email. If you would like to give me a call I would be happy to speak with you.

Again thank you so much for your time and I hope I have the opportunity to speak with you about your stay.

Phone: 712.309.9000 or email: shana.craven@hilton.com

Reviewed 26 July 2014

After looking at several hotels online, we chose this one because it is a Hilton, was in a perfect location, and it had accessible rooms with walk-in showers. I got two rooms for our party - the accessible one and a regular room with 2 queen-size beds. The accessible room was huge and clean - it had a king bed with a huge bathroom, a separate powder room near the front door and a living room. The 2 queen room was a decent size but it was not the cleanest room I've been in (like a blood-looking stain on the carpet as well as the carpet was not clean overall and the shower grout on the side of the shower head was oddly dingy compared to the rest of the shower). The Hilton offers adjustable bed mattresses although I did not mess with that. Each room had a dorm size refrigerator. The fitness room had nice Precor equipment (treadmills, bikes, ellipticals) and there was a hot tub with a very small indoor pool. Overall a nice hotel and the price is right!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Shana C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear SoccerMomof233,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs. We truly appreciate your business. I wanted to also reach out and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on Trip Advisor.

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. I apologize that the cleanliness of the carpet was not up to our normal expectations. Please know that I will address these issues with our housekeeping and maintenance staff.

I was glad to learn you were able to enjoy the fitness center and pool.

Thank you again and we hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in the Omaha/Council Bluffs area.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

This Hilton hotel is in excellent condition from the lobby to its rooms. Check is in fast and the front desk personnel are professional and knowledgable of the area. The rooms are clean and very comfortable. Wifi service is great as it does not go out when working in the room (not always the case in other hotels). The morning breakfast is nice, clean and very good. The morning staff is friendly and service oriented. I can not tell you how many times we were asked if our visit was good or if the food was good at the hotel. The location of this hotel is convienent to the Mid-American Center and other locations. Would recommend this hotel for your overnight stays!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Shana C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Mark K,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs. We truly appreciate your business. I wanted to also thank you for taking the time to post your experience on TripAdvisor.

Thank you so much for your wonderul comments. I was happy to learn that you found our hotel excellend and our staff professional.

Thank you again for your terrific review. We appreciate your time and hope you will consider staying with us again at the Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

How wonderful to find a beautiful, comfortable hotel with a very friendly efficient staff in the middle of a very busy area. The hotel was quiet, the linens were exceptional, the room very well appointed, complimentary internet service for a day. Did not use the room service, but it was available. And the lobby left me in awe. Very nice!!!

Dear 156keitha,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs. We truly appreciate your business. I wanted to reach out and also thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

I was so glad to learn you found our hotel beautiful and our staff friendly. Maybe on your next visit you could try out our room service.

Again thank you so much and I hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in the Omaha/Council Bluffs area.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Typical Hilton hotel, everything was great. The staff asked several times how our stay was going and if there was anything they could do. My number one plus was the shuttle service, we were in town for a concert at Harrahs, they provided both the trip over and back which was great. Our room was in great shape and clean. No complaints at this hotel, will stay here next time.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Shana C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Bigosfan,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Omaha East/Council Bluffs. We truly appreciate your business. I also wanted to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

Thank you so much for the excellent rating and wonderful comments. I was glad to learn you were able to enjoy our shuttle service. Glad to hear you will be back again.

Again thank you so much and we hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in the Omaha/Council Bluffs area.