Ameristar Casino Hotel Council Bluffs
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Comfort Suites(Council Bluffs)
Good 3.5/5
Harrah's Council Bluffs(Council Bluffs)
  • Restaurant
Good 3.5/5
My Place Hotel-Council Bluffs, IA(Council Bluffs)
Excellent 5/5
Average 3/5
Very Good 4/5
All reviewssports barwhirlpool suiteameristar casinolots of funexcellent place to stayacross the riverslot machineskansas citymissouri rivernice roomholiday innsmoking roomgamblingriverboatshuttledealersia
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 March 2013

So impressed with clean indoor & outdoor premises. Courteous valet, front desk & casino staff. Our hot tub suite was amazing! Very rare to find an immaculate room but after my inspection, it was perfect! Very fun casino. Preferred the lower level, as it was a bit more relaxing with less people & more open slots. But would have been nice to be able to charge beverages to our room. Bella's was affordable, delicious food and fast service but the Sportsbar did not meet all our expectations. The bar service was a little slow and our food was eh, ok. Overall, this establishment made our anniversary unforgettable. This is our new hotspot and will definately recommend it to others!!!!!

Room Tip: 5th floor with a river view is a must!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel Council Bluffs, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2013

Thank you so much for your recommendation and for visiting! I'm glad you enjoyed your anniversary with us and we look forward to your return!

Reviewed 13 March 2013

This was our first visit and wow. We were in Council Bluffs for a couples getaway. We spent 2 nights in the Octagon Suite. First off the entire property was immaculate. Everything clean, painted and well maintained. I really loved how the motel is separate from the gambling, making it very peaceful. The octagon suites are amazing. There is one and a half bathrooms, living room with fire place, sink with counter, coffee pot and small fridge and flat screen. In the bedroom hot tub, king bed, flat screen tv and an amazing view of the Omaha Skyline. Very romantic for a couples get away. The pool, exercise room and business center are shared with the Holiday Inn next door. Easy walk through hallway connecting the two motels. Again pool, sauna, hot tub, work out room and public bathrooms very clean. Had room service one night and though pricey, it was very good. We tried the buffet for lunch the next day and it was very good. I surprised my husband with a massage in the room from a private vendor. He loved it. If I had one wish it would be that Ameristar would start offering some spa services such as massages etc.. We had one glitch in our stay and the staff made up for it by surprising us with wine and a cheese and fruit plate. It was really good and appreciated. Can't wait to stay here again. Maybe I can win next time...

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel Council Bluffs, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2013

I'm glad you had an awesome couples getaway and enjoyed your first visit. Thanks for sharing your experience and we hope you can visit again soon!

Reviewed 13 March 2013

Fun casino! Fiancee and I always havea good time! They have a child watching service and a few restaurants that we haven't tried yet. This is where we will be staying for our honeymoon as well! It's probably one of the better casinos I've been to. Machines are well taken care of.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Thanks for sharing your review, Ashley! I'm glad you have a fun time when you visit and we appreciate you choosing to celebrate your honeymoon with us. We look forward to seeing you soon and hope you have a great wedding! Congrats!

Reviewed 18 February 2013

Made hotel reservations for one night while visiting the Nebraska-Iowa area. Enjoyed a nice, comfortable room. The buffet was like all the others and was priced at $18 per person. Our two boys had an absolute blast at Kids Quest for a few hours. Had good luck at the blackjack table but none at craps, Pai Gow and slots. The casino was decent but smokey.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Five_Aces_Tx
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel Council Bluffs, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2013

Thank you for visiting us! I'm glad you had a comfortable stay and your kids had a good time at Kids Quest. We continuously monitor our air ventilation system and do appreciate your feedback. We hope your family can visit again!

Reviewed 14 February 2013

I spend 6 to 8 nights a month on the road and when I come to Council Bluffs, I always try to stay at the Ameristar. The rooms are clean with new LED TVs with great selection of channels. Nice big bathrooms with granite countertops. For gamblers, those expecting Vegas, it's not Vegas but it is a nice gaming area with extremely friendly dealers.

Room Tip: Even number rooms face the highway. Odd number rooms face the river and downtown Omaha.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

I'm glad you enjoy staying with us, Steve! Thanks so much for sharing your review and for being our guest. We hope to see you again soon and have safe travels!