Ameristar Casino Hotel Council Bluffs
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Comfort Suites(Council Bluffs)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
My Place Hotel-Council Bluffs, IA(Council Bluffs)
View Hotel
All reviewssports barwhirlpool suiteameristar casinolots of funexcellent place to stayacross the riverslot machineskansas citymissouri rivernice roomholiday innsmoking roomgamblingriverboatshuttledealersia
Reviewed 12 April 2013

We stayed here in April 2013. The room was one of the nicest hotel rooms I have been to. Bed was comfortable. Room was large. Very large TV. Small refrigerator in the armoire. We ate at the Sports bar and had one of the most delicious pizza's. This room was worth the price. If in the area again wewould definitely stay here.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel Council Bluffs, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2013

I'm so glad you had a comfortable stay and enjoyed your meal at Amerisports, Kim! We appreciate you posting your review and hope you can visit again soon!

Reviewed 11 April 2013

I am a grandma of teens, young children a mother and a wife. My husband and I love going to Ameristar with our family and by ourselves. There were ALWAYS opportunities for everyone to find something to do at Ameristar. The younger children's play area... we utilized. The gambling area was always fun for all the adults...including myself and my son and husband loves it ( I can always convince him to go on family excursions there)! It WAS the perfect place. One thing I really enjoyed with my young and teen grandchildren were the in - room movies! The guys played their cards, while we ordered food in and were happily entertained. There also were refreshments in the refrigerator. Adult...and otherwise. Sometimes, when the kids (grown ones) would enjoy a concert, while I babysat and my hubby gambled, I would enjoy a refreshment and put a cold one or two in my sons connecting room and surprise him and his wife when they got back from a concert. Yesterday we went to the hotel and stayed as a couple. I was in the mood for one of the new chick flicks "in theaters" and hubby loves playing the cards. Turned on TV. No more order - in movies - at all! In fact only 45 channels and half of them were repeats. The refrigerator had water. (Thank goodness at LEAST-THAT)! I felt like they were forcing us out-of-the-room to go to the Casino. I probably won't have grandchildren come with us anymore. I will not pay ALL night for them to play in the children's area. I want to enjoy them with our movie and "fun in room traditions"! We also use the shuttle, when we go to the airport on our trips and concerts (and the garage for our car). So I won't say I will never go back, but it certainly will not be a whole family get-a-way anymore. If they discontinue the shuttle service, ift WILL be the last time we stay. I can enjoy gambling from one of the other hotels and at one of the other casinos.

Room Tip: The rooms and the staff have always been exceptional. I would suggest the sports bar leave the same program on the same TV. Drove me nuts trying to follow a game. They kept rotating programs on their selection of TV's and I couldn't keep up with what I tried watching!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susan H
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel Council Bluffs, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2013

Thank you for sharing your review and for being our guest. We did switch to Direct TV last October and with that, we no longer offer pay per view movies, however, we do offer a variety of free movie channels. We are continuing to offer complimentary shuttle service to and from the airport for our hotel guests. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 25 March 2013

Very spacious and comfortable rooms--loved having room at table to read paper and enjoy coffee.Everyone was very friendly and eager to please.Casino was much fun.A VERY NICE "GET-A-WAY", close to home for us.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hairburner
Reviewed 25 March 2013

We have visited multiple times. We usually spend a couple nights, spend some time in the casino, enjoy the food in one of the great eateries, and venture out for short day trips. We love the location on the river. The hotel rooms are furnished very nicely and are always clean. The staff is always friendly and ready to help if they can. You will never have to worry about hot water here.

The casino offers all of the options of any Vegas casino (except no sports bet). Slot machines are always in good working order and there are always new offerings. We will be back!

Room Tip: We always like to get a room with a view of the river.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel Council Bluffs, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2013

I'm glad you have enjoyed your visits! Thanks so much for sharing your review and for being our guest. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 25 March 2013

My sister booked a room there well in advanced for March 15,2013. Got to hotel to check in and was told the room would not be ready now the time was 3:00 pm which is check in an hour later at 4:00pm they still had not gotten the room cleaned and would not give us a timeI when they expected it to be ready. We canceled room there and went next door to Holiday Inn Express and was very sastified with the rooms we had. Will never stay there or make room reservations there again. The thing is my sister works for a travel agency and will not recommend staying there.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends

I'm so sorry to hear this, Chris. I greatly apologize for the inconvenience this caused. Our hotel team would like to follow up with you to personally apologize. Please feel free to send your contact information and details of your experience to AtYourServiceCB@ameristar.com and we will get in touch with you. We appreciate your feedback and we do hope you give us another try.