AmericInn Council Bluffs
US$123
US$113
US$95
US$88
Harrah's Council Bluffs(Council Bluffs)
US$134
US$123
  • Restaurant
US$111
US$120
Western Inn(Council Bluffs)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$97
Travelocity
All reviewsnice breakfast selectionroom was cleanindoor poolgreat ratea nice place to staywafflesfirst floorgasinterstate
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 May 2014

The room was very dirty, housekeeping definitely needs to be evaluated by management. The pool was small but nice. The breakfast was pretty decent. But none of that compensates for the uncleanliness of the room.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites
Janet_D_11982, General Manager at AmericInn Council Bluffs, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Thank you for sharing your experiences at Americinn Council bluffs hotel. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. I have addressed your concerns with our housekeeping team members.

I wish you had reported these issues during the stay and we would have made sure that a fix was provided right away. The sooner we are notified the faster we can address and find resolutions.
Again, we apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope you to return to us for the best value and great service. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Very fair price during the annual Berkshire Hathaway meeting and only one day stay required. Very clean comfortable room. Slight problem at check-in (request for pet friendly room was not recorded) but front desk staff resolved very quickly, giving us the requested room with just the usual $15 pet charge.
Moderate noise transmission between rooms--not objectionable.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Thank you for your review of our Americinn Council Bluffs, Iowa hotel. Our goal at Americinn is to provide excellent service and creating an exceptional experience for our guests.

I have shared your kind words with the entire Americinn team and I am sure you would agree that such feedback enables us to encourage each and every associate to always ‘go that extra mile’ in order to ensure that all guests enjoy the true ‘Service Culture” experience.

I apologize for the confusion and noise and I am glad that you enjoyed our hearty American Council Bluffs breakfast.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Council Bluffs soon and hope that this time you would make some time to enjoy Americinn Council Bluffs special breakfast that features fresh baked waffles, eggs, fresh fruit, pastries, Variety of Oatmeal, Yogurt, White & Wheat Toast and much more…

Reviewed 22 April 2014

This motel is pretty old, so allowances must be made. It is quite close to a busy freeway, and there was a constant low rumble of traffic, day and night. We arrived around 5.30 and the front desk clerk was exceptionally friendly and helpful. The motel is very pet-friendly, with rules, which is a good thing. The front handicap doors did not work under power, defeating their purpose. Our room was clean, but the furniture was faded and dilapidated. The carpet was like a washboard, and badly needed stretching. There was a hole in the wall from a too-enthusiastic use of the doorstop. On the bright side, the bathroom was very clean and fully stocked with towels, etc. Also, the TV, microwave and fridge (larger than usual), were fine. The beds were clean and very comfortable. Freeway noise during the night turned out not to be the problem we had anticipated. Breakfast was very good, just as advertised for all AmericInns. Right next to the motel is a small Chinese restaurant, most of whose business is take-out. We dined-in there; a Spartan experience.
In summary, unless you are hard-of-hearing, really need to bring the dog along, and relish mediocre Chinese food, this is not the place for you.

Room Tip: No preferences; see review above.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your experiences and compliments at Americinn Council bluffs hotel. We have received several compliments on brand new Americinn breakfast that offers many HEALTHY options and it is designed to satisfy every guest we serve. Our healthy breakfast includes fresh baked waffles, cheese omelet, fresh fruit, pastries, variety of oatmeal with three different flavors, cereals, yogurt, white, raisin & wheat toast and much more…
We sincerely wish that you had brought those issues up as soon as you learned about them and gave us an opportunity to correct the situation. We could have changed the room for you so you could have slept comfortably and free of any worries.
We hope to be of service to you in the future. If I can provide any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

When I checked in on the afternoon of April 5, the desk clerk was about as rude as one could be for a service-oriented industry. Here's how my check-in went:

Me: "Hi, we have a reservation; my last name is [Guy]."
Clerk looks at computer and states: "No. You don't have a reservation."
End of conversation.

Dumbfounded, I explained that my reservation was part of a group reservation and that it should be under my name. Then I asked her if a confirmation number would help, because she was making no attempts to find my reservation. I looked up the confirmation number, gave it to her and she said quietly, "There it is." I asked her what the problem was, and she never answered. She just asked if I wanted it on the credit card that was used to hold the reservation. I said yes, she prepared the magnetic key card and handed it to me, with directions to the room. No pleasantries or welcome at all.

The room was nasty. Stains on the carpet and bedspreads.The bathroom had mold on two corners of the bathtub and bath curtain. Bathroom floor was dirty. The heating unit didn't work properly (high heat all the time or no heat).

My spouse has stayed at a number of AmericInn's in Iowa and has always raved about the service. She couldn't believe that this was part of the same chain.

Me? I'll stay away from now on.

Room Tip: Choose a room that's not at this hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank PosauneGuy
Janet_D_11982, General Manager at AmericInn Council Bluffs, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

The Americinn in Council Bluffs, Iowa would like to thank you for your comments. We are truly sorry that your experience at our hotel did not meet your expectations. Our goal at Americinn Council Bluffs is to provide a full-service experience with an emphasis on providing excellent guest service and creating an exceptional experience for our guests.

Please be assured, that I have addressed these comments and spoke to each individual department concerning your experiences with us. This is not how our front desk agents or as we call them "Welcome Committee Members" are supposed to behave. Our team members are always willing and ready to assist in any need that you may have. I am sorry that you did not call the front desk or even myself during your stay. Our property operations team would have immediately addressed your concerns. We take great pride in our rooms and again would have jumped on the opportunity to address any concerns.
We hope to be of service to you in the future. If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

Updated rooms, a pool, and quiet.... Can't ask for much more. Didn't have the breakfast but it smelled good. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Good location but no good restaurants within a quick walk. I can say I have NO complaints'

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your kind comments. We are glad that you enjoyed your visit to the Americinn Hotel in Council Bluffs, Iowa and chose our hotel on your business trip.

As you are aware that our AmericInn Council Bluffs hotel is ideally located off I-80, just across the river from Omaha, Nebraska and we are very close to Epply Airfield, downtown Omaha, Harrah’s & Ameristar casinos, Mid-American Center, the Old Market District and the Henry Doorly Zoo.

I am glad that you noticed that we have updated our rooms, and that we feature a pool, that can be used by both our corporate guests and families with children.

I wish you had called our front-desk team members and they would have gladly given you all the details about several dining options because we are surrounded by both local and chain restaurants.
On your next stay, please make some time to start your day with a hot cup o’ joe and enjoy a hearty American Council Bluffs breakfast that features fresh baked waffles, eggs, fresh fruit, pastries, Variety of Oatmeal, Yogurt, White & Wheat Toast and much more…

We look forward to welcoming you back to Council bluffs soon and we hope you’ll stay with us at the Americinn Hotel again!