“Great start slow finish”

Hampton Inn Council Bluffs
Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Council Bluffs
Olathe, Kansas
“Great start slow finish”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

This was our first stop on a long trip heading west. When we 1st checked in we were greeted by Barrin. He was cheerful, had memorized both our names from the reservation and gave us a lot of information on places to eat in the area. As it was late we decided to have a pizza delivered, Barron not only made a suggestion but when we were enjoying the food in the hotel breakfast room he came by to make sure we liked his recommendation. Our room was nice and quiet and we went to bed thinking this was a 5 star stay. In the morning both the wash basin and the shower were VERY SLOW to drain. The moisturizer in our bath had been mostly used by a previous guest. We went to breakfast and they was no decafe coffee. On returning to our room about 8am our keys had been deprogramed as had many of the guests. The staff seemed pleasant but a bit overwhelmed. We like this location and had stayed here before, this was just an unusual morning. We explained our problems to the front desk and they offered to credit our room but we declined the offer.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Olathe, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

This hotel came recommended as a cheaper place to stay while on a couples getaway weekend to Omaha. Immediately upon arrival at the hotel we smelled the unpleasant smell from the nearby factory/plant. We only stayed one night and did not experience any problems but we only stayed one night due to the price of the hotel. I don't think it offered anything great compared to the price. The best thing about the hotel was the Complimentary Breakfast staff lady as she was so nice, warm, welcoming and made sure that we could find things in the breakfast area and made sure we were doing okay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Volga, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

The Hampton Inn - Council Bluffs, IA was an excellent choice for us. The staff was extremely helpful, nice and the breakfast was amazing. We would highly recommend staying here. The staff made our time in Omaha so enjoyable that we never had to worry about anything. The location was close to everything that we needed and wanted to go. The shuttle service was amazing and appreciated.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Kristy S, Manager at Hampton Inn Council Bluffs, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn @ Ameristar. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Here at the Hampton Inn we pride ourselves on having the top customer service around, I am glad that you were able to see that first hand. I am also glad that you enjoyed the accommodations and great location as well. I hope to see you in the future, and if you need anything else please feel to contact me at the hotel's phone 712-328-2500. Thanks again for staying with us and have a great day.
Salida, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

I am a front desk supervisor for a Hilton Garden Inn and I can honestly say this hotel was awesome! Rooms are very well kept, clean, beds were amazingly comfortable! Had an amazing view of the river. Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. Great complimentary breakfast, with a ton of choices. They offer a complimentary shuttle service within a 5 mile radius which worked out perfect for me and my group. Thank you so much for offering the employee discount. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone! Great job you guys!

Springfield, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Room was nice, no complaints there. Clean and comfy, plenty of pillows. Attached to the casino made dining choices good. Easy to find from the highway, and easy on the next morning. Breakfast options were adequate.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view instead of the parking lot.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Kristy S, Manager at Hampton Inn Council Bluffs, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

In keeping my integrity of writing about hotels I really do not want to give this property anything less than the five stars because of the people here. I am actually in the hotel writing this and have learned that beginning in October they will be doing a 100% remodeling of the property in typical Hampton/Hilton fashion. I must say it is sorely needed, however, having said that, the people from Katie to Wendy to Harriet, Jeanine and Barron to the Housekeeping Staff are all fantastic. They keep the place very clean considering the high volume of people that stay here. Also, ask for a river view as it sits literally next to the Missouri River and it is so close you could throw a stone easily into the water. The General Manager, I just learned, DJ, who was great, just left to open a new property and I have yet to meet the new GM, Christine. Do not hesitate to stay here and, too, it is literally less than five minutes to drive to downtown Omaha. And, it is only ten minutes to the airport.

Room Tip: Ask for a fifth floor Missouri Riverview room. It is very peaceful.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn @ Ameristar. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Here at the Hampton Inn we pride ourselves on having the top customer service around, I am glad that you were able to see that first hand. I am also glad that you enjoyed the great location as well. If you need anything else please feel to contact me at the hotel's phone 712-328-2500. It was a pleasure meeting you and I look forward to your future stays at the Hampton Inn. Thanks again for staying with us and have a great day.
Daytona Beach, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

Room was good - typical Hampton - comfortable, clean bedding, enough space. Terrible check-in/out service by inattentive staff. Breakfast area too small - no seating available - food not replenished in time - trash bags along the dining room wall. Always saw people sleeping in lobby. Toilet doesn't flush properly. Long wait for elevators - just 2 slow elevators for large hotel. Disappointing by Hampton standards.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MSPtravelerguy
Kristy S, Manager at Hampton Inn Council Bluffs, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear TripAdvisor member,
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hampton Inn Council Bluffs, IA. We truly appreciate your business. I wanted to reach out and also thank you for taking the time to complete a survey on TripAdvisor.

I apologized for the troubles you had during your stay with us. If there is anything you would like to talk about, please feel free to call the hotel directly and I would be happy to discuss anything with you.

Thank you again for staying with us, and hope to see you again in the future.