“Solid 3 Star Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Council Bluffs
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Solid 3 Star Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

This is my second review of this hotel and I plan to return. The beds are very comfortable. The pool and work out room are clean. The lobby and other common areas are very nice. The staff are friendly and well managed. However, breakfast is mediocre standard hotel breakfast food. Fruit would be a nice addition. The elevators and some of the rooms need to be updated. The location is great if you prefer to do something rather than sit in your room. There are high end restaurants, bars and a casino connected to the hotel. There's a nice riverside walkway too. I booked this on Hotwire at a pretty good discount, but there are similar hotels nearby with very similar options.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Bill V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Council Bluffs-I-29, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Dear Traveling_Ted_411,

Thank you for choosing to spend your time with us on more than one occasion - it is great to hear that you will be back to visit us again soon! I am happy that you have found us to be a good option for your travel to the area. It is great that you enjoy so many of the things that we have to offer like our comfy beds, cleanliness and service. These are things that we work very hard to perfect and I am very happy that we didn't dissappoint. I have passed a copy of your review along to my department heads as well so they can work on the things that you suggested for improvement. We are always looking for feedback so we can make ourselves better for all of our future travellers. Thank you for spending your time with us and I look forward to your next visit!

Bill Vanderpool

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Lee's Summit, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

We checked in at 10 pm Thursday night, Room 155. Not on the river side, but that's ok. We took off for the Ameristar and only walked down a nice warm walkway over there. Both the Ameristar and Holiday Inn are connected. The price was good, more than fair breakfast, and the room was clean. I wish that the hotel offered a late check out for people that drive up just to gamble, need a room to sleep, then head back home, Also, the pillows are too soft and my head sunk into them........that's really my only complaint. Just bring your own pillows if you come stay at Holiday Inn. Request the first floor too, we had to go up to the 3rd floor for ice and it looked dirty up there.

Room Tip: choose a room across from 155 if you want a beautiful view of the Missouri River.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Kim M,

Thank you for choosing to spend your time in Council Bluffs with us. We sincerely appreciate your business. I am very happy that you were able to enjoy some of our best features such as the indoor walkway over to the casino and our complimentary breakfast. I agree there is definitely something to be said for the view of the river as well. We are currently in the process of replacing all of our pillows with new King and Queen size firm and soft pillows so there should be plenty of options for your next visit. I sincerely appreciate you sharing your positive experience with the TripAdvisor community and I look forward to your next visit!

Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

Checked in late Thursday night and Checked out Sunday morning. Very nice staff and very knowledgeable. The room was very clean and the bed was surprisingly comfy. The breakfast was just so-so, the eggs were ok, the dry cereal was the best part. Would stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: Make sure you request a river view room. Looking at the river flow by is very peaceful.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bill V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Council Bluffs-I-29, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Dear Todd H,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a positive experience with the TripAdvisor community! It is great to hear such kind words for my staff and I know they will share in my gratitude for your wonderful feedback. Our service and cleanliness are things that we work very hard to perfect and I am happy that we were able to do a good job for you. I am happy to report that we are going to begin rolling out new breakfast items as well so your next visit should have a different look. Thank you for sharing your feedback with me and I sincerely look forward to your next visit!

Hollywood, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

Big room with a king bed. Despite a first floor room with much foot traffic (the hotel is connected to the Ameristar Casino... the first floor rooms are along walkway) in the hallway, the room was quiet. Nice breakfast.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Bill V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Council Bluffs-I-29, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Dear shiny62,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a positive experience with the TripAdvisor community. It is great to hear that you had such a good time here at our hotel. Our large rooms and easy access to the casino are some of our best features and I am glad that you enjoyed them. I will make sure to pass along your kind words to our breakfast staff so they know that they did a good job for you. If you find yourself in the area again make sure and stop by and see us!

Villard, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

My family and I were looking for a place to stay in Omaha when we saw this hotel on Hotwire.com. When we got to the hotel lobby it was amazing! The lobby was updated and had a fireplace and TV's. When I got to our room, I was even more amazed! The room had 2 very comfortable queen beds, a large flat screen TV and more. The lotion/shampoo was from Bath and Body Works and was fantastic! The only reason why I didn't rate this 5 stars was be cause they didn't have any meat with the breakfast. Other wise GREAT STAY!!!!

Stayed December 2013
Bill V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Council Bluffs-I-29, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Dear Carter_tennis,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience here with me. It is great to hear how "wow"ed you were by our lobby and our guestrooms. We recently completed a renovation to ensure that we are warm and inviting to all of our future guests. I am very happy to hear that you were pleased with the results. I am sorry that during your stay we didn't have a meat item with breakfast. I am always looking for ways to switch up the menu and I will make sure I use your feedback to help with the process. I am very happy that you enjoyed your time with us so much and that you were able to share that this was an "excellent hotel." Reviews such as yours mean a great deal to my staff and I will make sure to share your kind words with them. I look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in your future travels!

Sioux Falls, South Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

My husband, brother in-law, sister in-law and I stayed here for one night on our way to football game in Kansas City. We really enjoyed the spaciousness of our room with two queen beds. There were two chairs in the room along with a bench which I am guessing is also to put your luggage on. We got into town around 9pm and went to the casino for something to do. It was really nice that you are able to access the casino by not having to walk outside. They even had free breakfast in the morning. The waffles looked to be a great hit for all the kids. The only thing that would be negative is that they had bisquits for breakfast, but no gravy. Otherwise we had an excellent stay again at this property!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Sarah N,

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful experience with the TripAdvisor community. It is always great to hear when one of our guests had such a good time at our hotel. I am happy you were able to enjoy some of the things that make us different than most hotels such as that large room size and our indoor connection to the Ameristar Casino. The casino connection is especially helpful when it gets to be freezing outside! I am glad that you had such a great experience here and we will be here waiting for you the next time you have a stop-over in the area!

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

Next to a casino. Hence the title.
Good hotel - solid holiday inn, and so not spectacular. But good for average budgets and mid tier hotel options. Not too far from the airport, and the center of Omaha.
Clean and hospitable. Recommended.

Room Tip: Away from the front
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Bill V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Council Bluffs-I-29, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Dear freq_traveler09,

We are definitely not in the typical Holiday Inn location! I am very happy that you were able to recommend us to the TripAdvisor community. Our business is built on reputation and we are always grateful when our guests can endorse us. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and I will make sure to share with my staff that you enjoyed the hospitality they showed you. If you find yourself in the Midwest in the future we would love the opportunity to serve you again!