My family stayed here one night on our way back from the black hills in SD since we added the Omaha Zoo to our itinerary. When I arrived to check-in there were 3 couples trying to check in as well. The front desk staff (girl) was on the phone sounding like she was trying to “straighten out” one of a reservations while the other 2-couples were also on the phone doing the same thing. There was another guy who appeared to be a front desk clerk who was doing absolutely nothing. So I waited to see if he was going to ask if I needed help or help any of the other guests trying to check-in and again he did absolutely nothing. So about 5 minutes go by when two previously checked-in guests approach the guy asking him to ring up their items they were purchasing from the gift shop/store. So when I noticed the guy had the ability to actually do something, I asked if he would check me in instead of standing around. He asked if I had reserved my room directly with Hilton or through a 3rd party. I responded that I booked directly with the hotel and as soon as I said that, he was able to assist me. Apparently, Hilton’s “system” was down and they did not have a record of any reservations book through a third party such as priceline, expedia, etc and was unable to check-in those guests. So instead of this guy asking how I booked, he was okay with me standing there not receiving any sort of service. What an idiot!!
Finally I was able to check in, find a parking spot probably a mile away due to the construction and with them sharing a parking lot with 2 other hotels. Once in the room, we noticed that the sink had a VERY SLOW DRAIN and that the bathroom door would stick to where you pretty much had to almost kick the door down for it to open. OMG, we were SOOOO glad that we were only staying one night or we would’ve asked for our money back and stayed somewhere else. We finally decided to call the front desk and report the slow drain for the bathroom sink and the same front desk guy came up with a plunger which probably has been in toilets…how gross!! Thank goodness he was able to pull god knows what from the sink which did help but still slow and did not have to use the plunger. This hotel as well as their staff turned out to be a big joke. Never again will I stay or suggest this place to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located right on the banks of the Missouri River and attached to the Ameristar Casino we are right in the heart of the Omaha\Council Bluffs Metro Area. We provide a complimentary 24 hour shuttle to and from the airport and anywhere within 5 miles of the hotel. We offer a complimentary breakfast along with an on-site bar and 4 restaurants located in the attached casino. If you're in town for business or fun we have everything you need! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Council Bluffs-I-29 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Council Bluffs Hotel Council Bluffs
- Council Bluffs Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Council Bluffs-I-29 Iowa