Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Council Bluffs
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Council Bluffs
Kansas City, Missouri
“Good visit.”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I'm a monthly traveler to Omaha. Our company has a rate at a not so nice hotel, so I use my hotel allowance and usually go to Hotwire or Priceline. This time, it was Hotwire to give me a good rate. Quite honestly, even with my travels to the area... I never knew this hotel was here.

Check in process went really well. The staff was friendly and had my arrangements ready to go. My room was one of the rooms on the angle (318) and I had a really nice room and a HUGE bathroom. That part was really cool! The sleep quality was about average, as their must have been some guests on the first night that had a little too much fun at the casino next door. The room was quite nice, and comfortably sized. The bed was comfortable, the internet speed was very good, and LED TV's are always a plus.

In addition, I had a toilet that refilled every hour. I alerted the staff to this on my first night, and when I came in for the second night, it had not been fixed, so I simply shut off the valve. Also, the air conditioner barely cooled to my expectations. (probably about 68 degrees). Sleeping with the comforter on the bed just doesn't happen at that temperature. I wish that their was a fan on switch on the AC as well to help drown out the noise in the corridor.

Breakfast was very good. The kitchen staff were also very friendly, and there was a nice selection of items. The gym area was also very good, but my recommendation is for a 24 hour gym for us early-birds.

Overall, I am scoring my experience as very good, and would definitely recommend the hotel and stay at the hotel again.

Thanks for the Hotwire rate, and hope we are able to make that happen again in the future.

Room Tip: The rooms at the angle will have bigger bathrooms.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank HI-Gold-Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Cheyenne, Wyoming
Reviewed 19 May 2014

With my daughter in Omaha, we are becoming regulars in the area! We have tried a handful of different hotels so far. The Country Inn and Suites was nice hotel; clean, comfortable beds, great shower, and nice area. We will put this on our least of repeat stays.

Room Tip: We don't usual pick a specific room, but we were put in an end room, and it was very quiet. We...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 907momof3907
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We booked and paid for 2 rooms 6 weeks ago. I specifically asked for adjoining rooms because my husband and I have 4 children. We wanted the kids to have their own room but we still needed to be able to see and hear them. They are 9, 6, 4, & 1. The 1 year old was going to stay in our room with us. After traveling all day we arrived at the hotel to check in at 4:15. They gave us 2 rooms that were across the hall from each other. When we asked to please be moved to adjoining rooms they informed us that there weren't any adjoining rooms left and we should have checked in earlier in the day to secure some. I don't understand the purpose of reserving and paying for a room 6 weeks in advance if they won't honor the reservation. The kids were so disappointed and we left. We found another hotel down the road that had adjoining rooms. I would not recommend staying at this hotel. VERY poor customer service.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Michelle T
countryinncb, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Council Bluffs, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
We are sorry to hear of your unsatisfactory experience with our hotel. It is unfortunate when situations like this arise. We take every effort to make sure that all guests are affected as little as possible. We hope you will consider us again when you are in the area.
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here three times this year for business and for leisure. While it is no frills, it is totally acceptable. My rooms have always been clean and comfortable. I like the daily coffee/cookie bar touch.

My main observation that could use improvement is that the breakfast staff have a habit of putting the trash and empty boxes in the first floor hallway leading to the breakfast room in the morning. It's kind of unsightly!

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Abakinzie
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Although this is an older hotel it has been updated. We had a very comfortable overnight there. Nothing fancy, but clean. The only problem with the room was a lack of easily accessible outlets to recharge our electronics. The breakfast was very nice.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We wanted to be on the east side of Omaha and ended up here. The front desk was efficient and helpful. Room was OK, a musty smell that cleared our after the window was left wide open for a couple of hours on a cool night. Otherwise it was clean. Room was quiet.
The next morning breakfast was just OK. There was lots of staff, but surprisingly everyone's apron's ( 3 people) has soiled aprons which did not make me feel very comfortable. Maybe the waffle making machine blew up.... don't know. Would not go out of my way to stay here away. I feel bad saying this, but that is the way it was that day.

Room Tip: Ask to be on the side opposite the casino.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dennis J
Georgia
Reviewed 11 April 2014

We made a reservation sight-unseen and arrived late at night. The room was very nice, large and comfortable. As others have written, the breakfast room was busy, but well-stocked. We easily found a table for two.

When we checked in, I was unable to find parking. The lot was full and the area on the access road was full, too. We found out the next day that a Little League travel ball team was staying there- lots of parents with lots of cars and SUVs. Little wonder they were out of parking spots. The night clerk was very helpful. He directed us to park in the handicapped spot as their handicapped rooms were already occupied. He said the police only come if they call them. He left a note for the morning clerk saying he had directed us to park there. We did not get ticketed- I have to admit that I felt a little nervous all evening. My wife even had a dream that our truck got towed. The motel has no parking behind the facility, so if you arrive late at night, you may have difficulty finding parking.

By the way, if any parents from the travel ball team read this, your boys were very well-behaved and polite. There was no running around the halls, they were well-mannered at breakfast- in fact we didn't realize there was a large group of children at the facility until we saw them eating breakfast in their uniforms.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family