“You get your money's worth!”
Review of Golden Corral - CLOSED

Golden Corral
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed 27 November 2013

All of the food you can eat...not much more to say. Before I say anything, most people scoff at Golden Corral, because they think they're too good to eat there, that only low income families eat there. Wrong. I make a middle class income, and have loved Golden Corral all my life, so don't judge!

THAT said, I don't get to visit Golden Corral very often, as the three locations in Iowa are over 100 miles away from my house (Davenport, Council Bluffs and Sioux City). Typically, I love their fried shrimp, but it disappointed me, being the size of salad shrimp, and had more breading than meat. Me and my partner's waitress was courteous, and other than the shrimp, everything on the buffet was hot, fresh and delicious! I think it is time for this Golden Corral to update it's interior, as it screams the late 1990's. If executives from Golden Corral are reading this, PLEASE consider re-entering the Des Moines, Iowa market! We miss you! Altoona, Iowa would be a great location for one, being near Interstate 80, Adventureland Theme Park, Bass Pro Shops and Prairie Meadows Casino. Thank you!

Reviewed 17 September 2013

This place was within walking distance of our hotel, and since it handles a large party easily, our family members that live in the area suggested it as a good place for dinner. It is huge, the buffet has an amazing number of choices and the price is certainly pleasing. Coming from the west coast we were not familiar with this chain and found it delightful. We enjoy people watching and this place is bustling with activity, and kids. I can't say I have ever seen a cotton candy machine in a restaurant before, it was like being at a fair. If you have a car full of kids, everyone will find something to eat here.
The staff was friendly and the manager was cruising the room, laughing with folks and seemed to be enjoying his work. Is this place fancy?...no, quiet?...no However, the food was acceptable to good and we found the experience highly entertaining. If I were traveling with children, this would be a great choice.

Reviewed 23 June 2013

We often eat in Golden Corrals while on road trips -- they offer many choices and are good places to get a salad and a selection of healthy food. Not at this one. This place was dirty, the fresh food did not look or taste fresh (salads not much in demand here, apparently). Lettuce mix was half-spoiled, other vegetables looked tired and wilted. Chicken was fried or presented as a variety of "wings" choices -- no chicken breast or turkey. Most trays were empty. Yes, kids are running around happy, licking cotton candy and ice cream, but this location is hardly a place to get a reasonable meal. This Golden Corral did not leave an impression of a well-run restaurant.

Reviewed 10 April 2013

Great service and overwhelmed with the choices and great place for the kids. The price was great and very affordable for what you get . If you have kids be prepared for their desert choices as there is many choices for them from ice cream to cotton candy!

Reviewed 27 February 2013

We have eaten here for both the dinner buffets and the breakfast buffets. The whole family loves them both!
They offer a huge variety of food that is great-tasting. Every time that we have visited, the wait staff has been very attentive and friendly.
The chocolate fountain is always a favorite -- along with the cotton candy!

1  Thank CaymanDiverMama