“Friendly Staff”

SpringHill Suites Omaha East/Council Bluffs, IA
Ranked #9 of 25 Hotels in Council Bluffs
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I stayed here for two weeks in October 2013. The staff at the front desk always greeted me on my way in and out. The hotel is located in a very busy area, close to the Mid America Center, Bass Pro Shops, as well as the Horseshoe Casino so I was wary of parking and traffic should a big event be happening at the Mid America Center. There was never an event there so I cannot say anything on that topic. The pool is a little different that the normal hotel because there are 4 small fountains that shoot water from the edge of the pool about 3 feet. Mostly it was just annoying because of the sound.The hot tub was clean and the jet timer on the wall said it only activated for 10 minutes but it was still going well over 20. The workout area was stocked with free weights as well as cardio machines, bike and treadmill. Contenental breakfast was surprisingly good. I was impressed with the workout area. All hallways and common areas have a very nice and vibrant color scheme to give it a more plush and modern feel that I also liked very much.

I stayed in two of their rooms over the two weeks and both were identical. There is a small seating area with pull out couch and a desk as well as a small sink and counter with cabinet that had glasses in it. No cooktop or refrigerator in the room. The king sized bed was nice and the sheets were crisp but I had a hard time finding the right pillow combination to work for me. They were all too flat or too soft. The TV was updated to a flatscreen HDTV that is on a swivvle mount so you can watch it in the sitting area or the bed. The bathroom sink was outside the bathroom and had nice countertops. The water pressure was more than needed and I ended up spilling water all over because there was so much pressure. They tried to make the bathroom a step above the competitor by having all glass walls to the shower stall. While this looked really nice The lighting in the bathroom was terrible and made the whole bathroom look just a little grimey and dirty. The lighting in the bedroom was subtle but to get enough light you have to flip two switches and push three lamp buttons.

I attempted to play my xbox on the TV in my room and while hookup was easy I struggled to get inernet access to my xbox 360. The front staff have no idea what they are talking about when it comes to that stuff and I had to call their internet service provider to get it to work. After 4 phone calls and 2 hours it finally worked. If you have an internet service/connection question dont expect much help from the reception desk.

This hotel was nice and updated to try and accomodate the younger business traveler. Being an extended stay suite it had a little more focus on things the regular traveling business person would look for. More focus on weight room etc. For the price it is especially nice, they work well with business contracts also, and being close to significant entertainment is fantastic.

Room Tip: Try to stay at either end of the building to reduce foot traffic noise.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 5 October 2013

I was moved to the SPRINGHILL SUITES from another hotel during the OMAHA MARATHON. My checkin process to checkout process was flawless. I encounted some quite noisy guests and asked to move and was immediately moved to a corner room on the 4th floor so I could rest the night before the marathon. The hotel allowed me to checkout late and shower after the warm marathon. The entire stay was perfect. Not to mention there are so many places to eat nearby. TWO THUMBS UP for the Management and Staff at this hotel. :)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 October 2013

When we checked in, there were very few cars in the parking lot. The really young clerk told me we would be on the first floor. OK - we have been on the road for 3 weeks, and elevators have been a challenge. Opps. During the night we had the old "walking on the ceiling show." Footsteps that crreeek above you. I should have asked Junior to look at my portfolio and keep to my requests. My bad. Room was clean. Bed was comfortable. Breakfast was hot and well prepared. What set me off, actually, was listening to a French horn lesson that was going on in an adjoining room during breakfast. At 9:30 in the morning, some music student is playing scales on a French horn. What kind of management lets this happen?? If I had been a salesman who had driven 200 miles to get here and was trying to sleep - I would have burned the place down. Totally inexcusable in a hotel!!

Room Tip: No interstates nearby. But make sure you get a higher floor. Floors creak.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dawn Y, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Omaha East/Council Bluffs, IA, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2013

I am very sorry that the horn lesson disturbed you we managers try very hard to please every guest.
It was at 930 in the morning during the week when most of our guests are up and out of the hotel.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

I liked this place very much. Very clean, comfortable, easy to get to and easy to park. The room was spotless and my only regret was I didn't get to stay a little longer. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank jaltaman
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This was my first time staying at a SpringHill Suites, and I was pleasantly surprised. The lobby and rooms are contemporary and clean. We stayed in a 2 bed studio suite, and the layout allowed my daughter to easily go to bed while I stayed up later. I was impressed to see there was a bar available in the breakfast/happy hour area. Our visit was just an overnight while driving through the area, so we did not seek out restaurants. Location seemed great for the casino and Bass Pro Shop. The breakfast was acceptable, but nothing fantastic.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Dawn Y, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Omaha East/Council Bluffs, IA, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay at Springhill Suites so glad you enjoyed your stay.
Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

Close to Omaha airport, this is a clean, quiet and great location to stay. Certainly better location than the Hilton Garden Inn as the highway noise is greatly, and I mean greatly reduced by the location.
The ONLY problem is the lack of good restaurants in the area. Need to either head into center of Omaha or farther into Council Bluffs to find a restaurant worth spending your money on.

Room Tip: any and all
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Dawn Y, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Omaha East/Council Bluffs, IA, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Thank you for staying with us so happy you enjoyed the hotel.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

It pretty much looks like other springhill suites, the free breakfast was decent - eggs, sausage (pork), yogurt, milk, juice, toast, muffins, cold cereal, oatmeal and some fresh fruit. The only negative thing about this place that the hotel could change was that the employees smoked in front of the hotel. Part of the reason why we stay at Marriott hotels is because of their non-smoking policy, and I understand why they would let guests smoke in the front, but employees were smoking in the front in the area where guests were allowed to smoke.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family