I stayed here for two weeks in October 2013. The staff at the front desk always greeted me on my way in and out. The hotel is located in a very busy area, close to the Mid America Center, Bass Pro Shops, as well as the Horseshoe Casino so I was wary of parking and traffic should a big event be happening at the Mid America Center. There was never an event there so I cannot say anything on that topic. The pool is a little different that the normal hotel because there are 4 small fountains that shoot water from the edge of the pool about 3 feet. Mostly it was just annoying because of the sound.The hot tub was clean and the jet timer on the wall said it only activated for 10 minutes but it was still going well over 20. The workout area was stocked with free weights as well as cardio machines, bike and treadmill. Contenental breakfast was surprisingly good. I was impressed with the workout area. All hallways and common areas have a very nice and vibrant color scheme to give it a more plush and modern feel that I also liked very much.
I stayed in two of their rooms over the two weeks and both were identical. There is a small seating area with pull out couch and a desk as well as a small sink and counter with cabinet that had glasses in it. No cooktop or refrigerator in the room. The king sized bed was nice and the sheets were crisp but I had a hard time finding the right pillow combination to work for me. They were all too flat or too soft. The TV was updated to a flatscreen HDTV that is on a swivvle mount so you can watch it in the sitting area or the bed. The bathroom sink was outside the bathroom and had nice countertops. The water pressure was more than needed and I ended up spilling water all over because there was so much pressure. They tried to make the bathroom a step above the competitor by having all glass walls to the shower stall. While this looked really nice The lighting in the bathroom was terrible and made the whole bathroom look just a little grimey and dirty. The lighting in the bedroom was subtle but to get enough light you have to flip two switches and push three lamp buttons.
I attempted to play my xbox on the TV in my room and while hookup was easy I struggled to get inernet access to my xbox 360. The front staff have no idea what they are talking about when it comes to that stuff and I had to call their internet service provider to get it to work. After 4 phone calls and 2 hours it finally worked. If you have an internet service/connection question dont expect much help from the reception desk.
This hotel was nice and updated to try and accomodate the younger business traveler. Being an extended stay suite it had a little more focus on things the regular traveling business person would look for. More focus on weight room etc. For the price it is especially nice, they work well with business contracts also, and being close to significant entertainment is fantastic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the SpringHill Suites difference. It's a place that will soothe your senses, a place where spacious suites and inspiring design will help you leave feeling more refreshed than when you arrived. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your SpringHill Suites Omaha East/Council Bluffs, IA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Council Bluffs Hotel Council Bluffs
- Council Bluffs Springhill Suites
- SpringHill Suites Omaha East/Council Bluffs, IA Iowa