“Nice Place”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #17 of 25 Hotels in Council Bluffs
Reviewed 11 January 2008

Nice place to stay, great staff, but get breakfast early they were a little testy when we came in close to closing time. There are no soda machinces also, not sure why. Would stay again though.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank drewhay

Reviewed 26 July 2007

Pretty basic hotel. Had an indoor pool which was a nice feature since we were only staying one night there.

Only problem was that we didn't get the right type of room that we requested on-line. Staff didn't seem to care.

"Continential Breakfast" was lacking- we have stayed at several Comfort Inn Hotels, and this was the worst breakfast selection out of all of them.

Overall, good location for our trip to the zoo. But that was about it.

• Stayed: June 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank Jessma9902
Reviewed 15 August 2006

The Lobby, etc was the best part of the hotel. I was relatively impressed when we walked in. The rooms were a bit dungeon-ish (dark) and small however. The description said that the room had a partial room divider (hence a "suite") but it was merely a shelf that stuck out from the wall about 18 inches. We had burgandy carpet dye on the bottom of our socks from very minimal walking. Overall, the room was relatively clean and breakfast was as expected for a Continental. The pool was awful. The whirlpool was colder than the swimming pool and the swimming pool was "murky". I would not recommend this hotel.

2  Thank lilacpeanut
A TripAdvisor Member
Troy, MI
Reviewed 11 July 2006

First of all, the check in staff was suberb, friendly, quick check-in no problems. The hotel is older than it looks on the website pictures.

The area where the hotel is located is basically an industrial area around what looks like a distribution center with tractor trailers. Probably a very safe area, just doesn't look like it.

Upon entry, the smell wasn't that great in the lobby area. Hotel looks kinda worn in places, but overall OK.

Elevator is small and extremely slow especially given it's only a 3 story hotel. The smell was a little worse when I got off on my floor. The room was large and clean.

The hotel was crowded with little league baseball teams that were rowdy. I was there on business, so I didn't want to deal with that all night long. I asked to check out and the desk clerk was so nice and apologetic and acknowledged the problem. She didn't charge me for the room and I actually felt bad leaving since she was so nice and professional.

I would think that this situation wouldn't happen all the time. The hotel would be great for traveling family (since there is a nice indoor pool) or someone who just needed a room to get off the road.

If you are a business traveler and need peace and quiet, meet with a client, or other ammenities, I wouldn't recommend.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled on business
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Norfolk,Nebraska
Reviewed 5 July 2006

We loved the price first of all! But everything was really great -very close to all the area attractions and very easy to find!
the hotel was very clean.
we have stayed in more expensive hotels near by-- and not had this kind of quality
A+++ from this hotel ,we will stay there again!!
LOVE THE HOT TUB SUITE, THE HOT TUB IS VERY LARGE! AND THERE IS STILL ANOTHER BATH TUB IN THE BATHROOM,, WOW,, SPEND THE MONEY FOR THAT ROOM!!

• Stayed: July 2006
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 1 July 2006

This had to be the fastest checkin I've ever had. We had prepaid reservation. Walked in, a very friendly desk clerk greated us, found our reservation, checked us in and we were on our way to our comfortable room all within 2 minutes at the most. No we did not feel rushed, just they/he was very eficient.

Room was clean and well maintained. Towels were nice and best we had on 8 night trip. We were only in the facility for about 12 hours, mostly asleep, but would readily recomend and stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2006
3  Thank Truckertaxman
Reviewed 12 June 2006

Enjoyed a great nights stay at the Comfort Suites. Very, very clean and tidy. Everything seems very well cared for. Nice breakfast buffet as well. Staff was excellent. Very helpful. Only reason I'm not giving 5 stars is because the pool was freezing, I'm talking less than 70 degrees. I'm used to cold pools, but couldn't even step foot into this one. My kids were disappointed. Other than that, we had a great stay. Nice location, less chaotic than Omaha, yet close to the zoo & other attractions.

1  Thank charlestonchick