“Best choice in Creston”

Supertel Inn and Conference Center
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Creston
Reviewed 20 August 2012

The Supertel in Creston is the better choice of places to stay. The staff is friendly and the rooms are in good condition. The downside of this stay is that I had made my reservations 6 weeks in advance. I found out a week before I was coming that my reservation had been lost due to a computer crash. I was able to get two rooms - kings, not double as requested. The manager did come down on the rate because of the inconvenience, but it was the overall attitude that I had an issue with. They had not made any provisions for the people who had "lost" reservations. They had not gone back and recreated how many reservations had been lost and block off rooms. It was an overall "oh well" attitude. I asked the manager what would have happened had I shown up to check in and there would not have been any rooms, she said it was a part of doing business. It did come out fine in the end - it was just the overall attitude of the manager that was disappointing.

Room Tip: The king size rooms on the down floor have really cool showers, comes across as almost a steam type...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 June 2012

OK, so if you are looking for a high end hotel in Creston IA you aren’t going to find it. Several of us were traveling for business and we stayed at the Supertel in Creston for several nights, and it was adaquate for what it is. It was pretty clean and the rooms weren’t bad. They are a little dated, but you are in Creston IA, and there aren’t may options. For the price and quality I would stay there again when/if need be.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 April 2012

My family had a great experience when we stayed at Supertel. The General Manager Erin was extremely accomodating and very friendly. Her professionalism and customer service was fantastic which was very comforting to us. The rooms were nice and clean and we used the fitness room which was great too. The lobby was very modern and comfortable. Wendy with the housekeeping staff was very nice and friendly as well. We enjoyed the free breakfast, coffee and different juices in the morning. We appreciated Erin the manager making us feel so welcome. We would definitely return to the Supertel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank BillieG478
Erin M, Manager at Supertel Inn and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

Dear Billie G,

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay here at Supertel Inn. On behalf of Supertel Inn, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our hotel and we also thank you for helping us spread the word about our services to other travelers.

We hope to see you again soon!

With highest regards,

Erin Millslagle
Supertel Inn

Reviewed 22 March 2012

If you ever have the need for a hotel in Creston, Iowa, the Supertel is a great choice. The hotel is fairly new, so everything is modern and clean. The hotel lobby has a comfy leather sofa and chairs, and the eating area is nicely decorated with centerpieces on each table. Some added perks are coffee, juice, milk, fruit and yogurt available 24 hours a day...and fresh cookies and chocolates at the reception desk! (The chocolates were Easter candy so may not always be there.) There is a small, but very clean and usable, workout room with fresh towels, wipes and a television. The rooms are quite big and very clean. The shower has a built in seat and was very clean as well. It was nice to have a mini fridge with freezer in the room too. It was easy to connect to the internet from the room. Breakfast includes cereals, instant oatmeal, English muffins, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, fresh fruit, waffles, coffee and juices. The breakfast area was very clean and well maintained. Finally, Erin, the manager was very friendly and even provided a vase for flowers. Other hotel staff were very friendly as well. Overall, this was a very nice hotel...actually nicer than many more "upscale" ones I have stayed in before.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank ninag647
Reviewed 24 July 2011

Never mind the hard beds and crappy free breakfast. We were bit by bugs in the first room and when we asked for a new room. The lady was accused us of bring the bugs in. She finally agreed to give us a different room. We then found hair in the bed. Long hair and curly short ones. Not our hair color. Needless to stay we do not recommend this place to a flea bitten mongrel.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank dadams1969
Reviewed 24 May 2011

I stayed here for an entire week on business and had one of their larger rooms with a king size bed, sitting area with couch and flatscreen, and then a bath. I loved the bathroom as it had a large walk in shower. The housekeep was exceptional and even though I was staying for a full week, every time I came back to the room from work it was cleaned as if I was arriving for the first time!!!! Most the hotels I stay at just make the bed and change a few towels and leave everything else be. Continental breakfast was provided as wll and covered the basics. Had a little snafu on check in as we booked our rooms online and for whatever reason, the confirmation number they give you there doesnt work with the system at the actual hotel. Didnt really understand that so while I called my co worker who was still driving there who had made the reservation I enjoyed a few few cookies at the front desk. This was quickly resolved however.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank hexx17
Reviewed 18 October 2010

From the Hotel Manager/Assistant Manager and Front Desk Staff to the Cleaning Staff, the Supertel Inn & Conference Center sets the bar in customer service. I think it starts with the thought of "how would I want to be treated if I were a guest?" From this vantage point, excellence continues.

In addition, the rooms and beds are exceptionally comfortable and clean, and the showers are uniquely designed with forward thinking to accommodate persons that may have physical limitations or may be acitve mature adults.

In every respect, this lodging facility is appropriately named mainly because the staff are super. Joel S. Boykin, Jr., Government Employee

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
TaraInn, Manager at Supertel Inn and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2010

Thank you for your kind and supportive words! I will be sure to share your review with our staff. We have strived to make things just right for our guests. Our goal is to give each guest a perfect “10” during their stay. Thank you for staying at the Supertel Inn and Conference Center.

Been to Supertel Inn and Conference Center? Share your experiences!