“Absolutely PERFECT!”

Hotel Blackhawk, Autograph Collection
Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Davenport
Reviewed 14 November 2012

While traveling back home from Chicago my wife came across this gem online. SInce it was her birthday, and we didn't have to get back right away, we decided to see what it was all about. Walking through the doors is like taking a trip back in time to the 1920's, but with a modern twist. Check-in was great, and when they found out it was my wifes birthday, the upgrades started flowing. Everyone went out of their way to make sure things were perfect. The room was gorgeous, king size bed on the 8th floor with a view overlooking the Mississippi, jacuzzi tub with seperate shower, floor to ceiling windows. Restaurant was outstanding and the service was top notch (thanks Matthew for making it a special night). The decor throughout reminded me of the Peabody in Memphis, minus the ducks. Elegance and splendor everywhere! The bowling alley in the lower level is a nice touch and was a neat escape. Thank you for a wonderful time and creating memories for us. We will be sure to visit again, and I know our friends will be stopping by also.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side will provide a view of the Mississippi river. Make sure that you get above t...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Jen H, General Manager at Hotel Blackhawk, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2012

Dear Steve V,
Thank you very much for your review. We are thrilled to hear such positive feedback. I will be sure to share your kind comments with the appropriate parties. At Hotel Blackhawk, we do our best to create an exceptional experience for each of our guests. It sounds like we have achieved this for you and your wife, and we could not be happier. We look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Blackhawk soon.

Tim Heim

Reviewed 10 November 2012

Picked this hotel for a one day biz trip to Davenport. Must admit choice was based on quick glance at reviews. First impression upon arrival was that I should have been wearing a tuxedo. Very grand and glamorous. 1940's elegance.

Hotel has been completely refurbished. Staff was friendly and competent. Room service actually called me and asked if they could remove tray. Room was quite comfortable and clean. Great bathroom.

Was surprised there was no free breakfast buffet. Great place for a wedding, a honeymoon or vacation traveling. Not my cup of tea as a business traveler. Room price was a bit high, but was acceptable.

No real complaints, just not my type of ambiance.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business

Dear Albert A,
It is refreshing to hear such an honest review like yours. We thank you for taking the time to stay at Hotel Blackhawk and to review us on TripAdvisor. We are glad that you chose us. Thank you for noticing our renovations. We’re thrilled that our staff made you feel so special, as superb Customer Service is one thing that we pride ourselves on at Hotel Blackhawk. Thank you once again for your candid feedback on our operations. We hope that you will keep us in mind if future travels bring you back to the Quad Cities area.

Tim Heim

Reviewed 5 November 2012

Was in town with a friend to watch a volleyball tournament at Augustana College in Rock Island, Illinois. Got a phenomenal Priceline deal ($65/night). This hotel was beautiful throughout. They upgraded our standard queen room to a suite. Incredible amenities. Went down to the bowling lane/bar for a nightcap of Pumpkin Martinis. Delicious. Had a fabulous breakfast in the morning. Will try and stay here the next 3 years my daughter's college team is in the tournament!!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank oldschool09Chicago
Jen H, Front Office Manager at Hotel Blackhawk, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2012

I was glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope that you will keep us in mind for future visits to the Davenport area.

Reviewed 2 November 2012

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Blackhawk while visiting our daughter at Augustana. Illinois people, don't overlook this awesome hotel just over the river! Davenport, and Hotel Blackhawk, have much more to offer than the Moline area hotels we've stayed in in the past (sorry, Moline). The hotel is in a walking area of downtown Davenport, making it very easy to enjoy the city while moving between venues for shopping, dining, arts, and the casino. The hotel has a spa, Spa Luce, where I enjoyed a couple of services. A popular event at Spa Luce is the men's shave. Interestingly, when I was awaiting my service, there was a problem with the booking of another guest's service. I was able to see how the spa responded to the appointment mixup and satisfy the customer without drawing undue attention to the issue. For the locals, the hotel has a beautiful banquet room on the second floor that is very appropriate for receptions. There is a coffee shop on the first floor that is a little quirky (you must be patient), but does serve Starbucks coffee. Parking was free and simple, service was thoughtful, and our room looked exactly the same as the photo of the room on the hotel's website.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Jen H, Front Office Manager at Hotel Blackhawk, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2012

We thank you for taking the time to stay and review Hotel Blackhawk on Trip Advisor. We were delighted to hear such positive feedback. I’ll be sure to pass your kind comments on to the appropriate parties. We strive to create a unique and high quality experience for our guests. It sounds like we have succeeded in your case.

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope that you will keep us in mind for future visits to the Davenport area.

Reviewed 27 October 2012

I'm glad I had already looked at Google maps for the hotel, very little signage on the building and what there is, is difficult to see. Check in was great, very personable staff. The room was nice but kind of dark. We paid extra for a room with a "view" - don't do that, there is no view worth paying extra to see. We ate at the restaurant in the hotel and the food was very good, took forever to get a drink refill. The only odd experience was arriving at the restaurant with not even 10% of it filled and the lady needing to check and see if she could find room for us! Seriously??? This is Davenport not New York City!

Room Tip: Did not get a chance to swim but the indoor pool area looked very nice.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Jen H, Front Office Manager at Hotel Blackhawk, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2012

We thank you for taking the time to stay and review Hotel Blackhawk on Trip Advisor. It is only thru the candid feedback of our guests that we truly know what we are doing right and which areas are in need of improvement. I want you to know that your comments are taken seriously. I will be following up with the appropriate staff members regarding room lighting and your experience with the restaurant. I will also be looking into our signage to see if there is a way to make the hotel a bit more visible to our guests.

I am glad to hear our staff was personable. I’ll be sure to pass those comments along. I know they will be appreciated.

Thank you once again for your honest and candid feedback on our operations. I hope you will keep us in mind if future travels bring you back to the Davenport area.

Reviewed 23 October 2012

Quiet, intimate, relaxing, all the things needed for a weekend getaway. Close to downtown business and a desk area in the room. It's perfect for getting work done while the wife is still sleeping. The options for dining are also great and the staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Jen H, Front Office Manager at Hotel Blackhawk, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2012

I hope that you will keep us in mind for future visits to the Davenport area.

Reviewed 23 October 2012

the Blackhawk hotel is a totally awesome place to stay in Davenport. Our room was gorgeous and comfortable. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. The view from our room of the river was beautiful. If we ever we visit Davenport again we will stay at the Blackhawk!

Room Tip: Rooms that face the river are awesome!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family

We thank you for taking the time to stay and review Hotel Blackhawk on Trip Advisor. We were delighted to hear your positive feedback. We always strive to create a unique and high quality experience for our guests. I'll be sure to share your wonderful comments with our team.

I hope that you will keep us in mind for future visits to the Davenport area.

Front Office Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Davenport
The Current Iowa, Autograph Collection
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Davenport
Homewood Suites by Hilton Davenport
3 mi away
Radisson on John Deere Commons

Been to Hotel Blackhawk, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!