“Anniversary overnight”

Hotel Blackhawk, Autograph Collection
Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Davenport
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Very nice hotel. Pricing is on the high side for a room with whirlpool but otherwise very comfortable. Downside was ac vent blew directly on the bed with no way of changing. Slept under all the blankets. Room service was fast and the food great

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Jacob H, General Manager at Hotel Blackhawk, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

bighurt56,

I am thrilled to hear about your wonderful time here with us! I am sorry about the air conditione blowing directly on you making it uncomfortable. It is something that I will definitely look in to. It is our pleasure to make your experience top notch! Hotel Blackhawk has an amazing history and we are so glad to be able to share that with our guests. I will personally pass on your encouraging remarks to our entire staff. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Okay, this is Davenport, Iowa. NOT Boston, LA, Chicago or a larger, trendier city. That being said, $249 is totally overpriced. It's nice, but not worth those kinds of dollars.

PROS:
Good location
Decent room size (we were upgraded to small suite) but poor layout. Only a sofa in the living room portion. No other chairs or seating options. Kind of weird actually.
In room fridge/mini bar
Comfy beds
Decent linens
Nice sized bathroom; shower only, no tub
Good water pressure
Plenty of hot water
Lighting could be better in both room and bathroom
Built in television in bathroom is a nice touch but ours didn't work
Enough outlets for powering electronics
Nice lobby
Excellent brunch on Sunday mornings
Very nice serving staff at restaurants, events, etc.
Front desk staff was just okay; nothing great. Seemed rather harried and unhappy to be honest.
Could be cleaner in the rooms; common areas were clean
All food was very good
Nice on site restaurants
Plenty of parking available
On site spa
Free wifi (always makes me happy)

CONS:
Rooms could be cleaner
Blackout curtains were not very effective - we were up bright and early due to the fact they didn't stretch from wall to wall
Suite layout was just odd - not efficient use of space at all. Bedroom was very cramped.
Gift shop looked nice but wasn't open on Sunday...sorry to miss it.

All in all, it's a very nice hotel. But there is no way they should get those kind of prices.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank TravelMommy1
Jacob H, General Manager at Hotel Blackhawk, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear TravelMommy1,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Hotel Blackhawk on Trip Advisor! We value all reviews, as they keep us in touch with what a guest looks for an how we can improve our guest's experiences. I am glad to hear that overall your stay was pleasant. I will sgare with the staff your pros and cons, that way we can address all concerns. We apprecaite your patronage and hope to have you back with us again soon.

At your service.

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

I have now had the opportunity to stay at the Blackhawk 4 times. This hotel is, without question, the best in Davenport. Located in a historic building, the property that has been spectacularly remodeled while maintaining the historical charm.

Only one complaint from my most recent visit. The TV in the bathroom did not appear to be working properly. It appeared to be using an over-the-air signal rather than cable, hence the signal was very blurry. Outside of this minor convenience, everything else was great!

Stayed: July 2014

Good afternoon FishDurango,

Thank you for your excellent review of the Hotel Blackhawk! Reviews like yours are what keep us wanting to improve and holding ourselves to the highest standart possible. I am glad your stays with us are always pleasant. I am sorry about the TV issue, I will see that that is fixed for futire guests. Thank you so much for your patronage. We hope to see you again in the near future!

At your service.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Bix restaurant was fantastic - wait staff fell over themselves to make sure we had a great dining experience - tuna tartar was delicious, as was the Blackhawk Salad. Downside was the room we got - king bed, desk, night stand, and dresser are really crammed into a very small room. For $240 in downtown Davenport, was very surprised. Pool looks really nice and hot tub relaxing - will try those tonight.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Karen A
Jacob H, General Manager at Hotel Blackhawk, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Good afternoon Karen A,

Thank you for your review of the Bix Bistro and Hotel Blackhawk. I am glad to hear of your great experience in the Bix Bistro! I do apologize that the room size was not up to your standards. It is unfortunate to hear that your stay here did not live up to the four diamond quality. I hope that you enjoyed your stay despite the room size. We hope to have you stay again with us in the future.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly before your next stay.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Stayed in this hotel for 1 night and I was sorry it wasn't longer.
The customer is obviously king.
It had a very restful ambiance with a piano gently playing in the background and is very airy and spacious.
Reception couldn't find our booking when we arrived so whilst they made a phone call the Bell Hop gave us a history of the hotel, we were then allocated a junior suite which was fabulous. There was a full kitchen including full size dishwasher, washer and dryer. As we had been on the road for a few days I used the washer and dryer gratefully.
The bed was out of this world, I had the best sleep I have had in weeks.
We were asked when we were shown to the suite if there was enough towels, coffee etc, we asked for extra coffee and we were asked how many we would like. Who could ask for more.
Breakfast was lovely and less expensive than other establishments.
I really can't say enough good things about this hotel, I loved it.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MrsD16
Jacob H, General Manager at Hotel Blackhawk, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Good Morning MrsD16,

Thank you for your recent stay at The Hotel Blackhawk. We are very appreciative of your great recommendation as well as glowing review of our hotel. We inspire to be a home away from home to people who are traveling and we hope you have found a second home with us.We certainly would love to have you as a guest again in the future. Thank you again for your wonderful words. I will be sure to pass them along to the bellman and other staff members!

Reviewed 12 July 2014

I got on the road late from Iowa, heading home to Chicago, and needed to stop at 9:30 in Davenport. From my phone,I called Hotel Blackhawk, and they had availability. I knew nothing about the Hotel, and was pleasantly surprised how beautiful the lobby was, and the check-in process was quick and friendly. My room was lovely, and looked out over the river, so I was able to see some remaining fireworks. I enjoyed a late night nosh at the Bix bar. There were a few patrons there, having a good time, so the bartender was paying them a lot of attention, and she seemed to forget "little ol me," sitting in the corner, so service was lacking on my end. Plus, I should not say this, but the bartender's voice was the most annoying. I don't know if it was a phony voice, or if that how she really talked. But, it was like finger nails on a chalk board. (personal observation). Also, there was no corkscrew in the hotel except the annoying bartender's. If you have a mini-bar, there should be a corkscrew in the rooms, if someone takes it, charge for it. But, with that said, it was a lovely pit stop, and I shall stay again.

Room Tip: River view
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Ann M
Jacob H, General Manager at Hotel Blackhawk, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Good Afternoon Ann M,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at Hotel Blackhawk on TripAdvisor. We are honored that you chose us, and are appreciative of the time that you took to provide us with feedback. Your detailed review and compliments regarding the hotel are extremely kind; thank you. I can certainly empathize with you in regards to the lack of service at the bar. I apologize that you were neglected. We pride ourselves on excellent service, anything less is unacceptable. I will make sure to bring that up with the staff. Also, the corkscrew suggestion was great and we will be looking into that option.

I'm glad your experience overall was a good one and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 6 July 2014

This is a beautiful hotel. Gorgeous lobby. Our room was spacious and nicely appointed. Large bathroom with 2 person shower. Yes the water pressure is a little lacking and i had to wonder if the river flooding conditions had something to do with it. We were able to get spa appointments last minute and the staff and facility were top notched. We had dinner at the Bix Bistro. Tod, our waiter was wonderful and recommended excellent dishes. The Bix martini was to die for. Have the tuna tartare appetizer. Delicious. Ask the bellman for a tour. You'll get some great history. We will definitely be back!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Teri T
Jacob H, General Manager at Hotel Blackhawk, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Good afternoon Teri T,

I am thrilled to hear about your wonderful time here with us! I am sorry about the lack of water pressure in the shower. It is something that I will definitely look in to. It is our pleasure to make your experience top notch! Hotel Blackhawk has an amazing history and we are so glad to be able to share that with our guests. I will personally pass on your encouraging remarks to our entire staff. We hope to see you again soon.

At your service

Also consider these accommodations in or near Davenport
The Current Iowa, Autograph Collection
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Davenport
Homewood Suites by Hilton Davenport
3 mi away
Radisson on John Deere Commons

Been to Hotel Blackhawk, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!