“Reasonable rates and nice hotel”

Quality Inn and Suites Davenport
Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Davenport
Davenport, Iowa
“Reasonable rates and nice hotel”
Reviewed 9 December 2013

My husband and I spent 2 nights here while we visited family. The hotel advertises as being remodeled and there are signs that upgrades have been made. The carpet in our bigger-than-average room was new. The bathroom has a granite countertop. The bath/shower has upgraded fixtures. That said, this is still an older hotel. The heating/air conditioning unit was in the wall and blew constantly. I liked it because it acted as a "white noise" to help me sleep. The thermostat on the unit kept the room a comfortable temperature.
The lobby is tiny. The staff was exceptionally nice and quick to respond to any request. Breakfast is served in a smallish room off the lobby that seats 12 comfortably. It is standard fare. Hot dishes are in four crock pots holding scrambled eggs/sausage, biscuits, gravy, and hash. The frig had yogurt and hard boiled eggs. Make-your-own waffles. Toast and bagels. Cereal. One TV tuned to CNN.
The pool is small and 4 1/2 ft at the deepest. The pool area was warm and had bathroms. Next to the pool area was a pool table. A small fitness room is also available.
We paid $79 for a king room. Reasonable price, we thought.

Room Tip: Our third floor room was very nice.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Lawrence, Kansas
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Comfortable clean rooms with a staff that will bend over backwards for you! More than fair prices, fantastic breakfast, easy access right on the edge of town... as the title reveals, if I'm in Davenport again, this is where I will be staying!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Luke L
Wahoo, Nebraska
Reviewed 5 December 2013

This is one of our favorite hotels! Always pleased with the clean rooms and we enjoy the friendly staff. We also appreciate the special accommodations they allow us for parking a large vehicle at their location. Any time we travel through Davenport, Iowa, this hotel is our first choice!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviewed 27 November 2013

This was an older property that they have updated as best they could. The bathroom is quite small with very little counter space. It was decently clean and the bed was comfortable. There were a number of breakfast choices and the front desk was polite and efficient. I didn't like that there were no security chains on the inside of guest room doors. If you are all about affordable and a decent hotel this is fine. There are numerous restaurants and a mall not far from this location. It is right off of I-80 so ideal for passing through.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 18 November 2013

The staff is super friendly and helpful. This was my first stay here but I'm already booked to come back! The bed is oh so comfy! The breakfast has the best eggs I've had in any hotel breakfast bar! Good selection and all you could want. Biscuts and gravy, make your own waffles, and bagels just to name some items. I had an extended stay rate which was excellent!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Rock Island, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I have stayed at this twice now and i love it. The service is great, the employee's are very friendly. They have a great food selection for breakfast. The rooms are clean and the pool is nice!! :) I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a nice hotel with friendly service!!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
North Park Colorado
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Read the reviews before I booked. My aunt was in town, and checked it out, to make sure it was clean. Talked with the owner, very friendly. Rooms were clean, and we would go back again. We didn't have time to use the swimming pool. Breakfast has a huge selection. Would recommend this motel. Price was decent. I usually can't sleep when I travel, because the beds aren't my bed, but I slept great here.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple