“Quite clean place for and overnight stay”

Quality Inn and Suites Davenport
Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Davenport
Marion, Iowa
“Quite clean place for and overnight stay”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

1 night stay with two children. Pool was being remodeled but was open and clean. The room was nice and the breakfast is always a hit. The hotel is close to the interstate and a number of restaurants. There is also a large mall a few miles south of the property.

Room Tip: Close to both I-80 and 1-74
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Road Warrior
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Spent 1 night here passing through town. I generally don't stay in a whole lot of Quality Inn's but given the rave reviews on TA and that it is a Choice Hotels Platinum award winner, supposedly one of the highest rated Quality Inn's in the country, I figured I'd check in out and see what all the fuss was about.

Well, let's just say it didn't exactly knock my socks off...lol...not that it's a bad hotel, because it's perfectly fine, but was I blown away...no, not at all. I've stayed in many Choice Hotels that are not award winners that were equally as nice.... if not better.

This is an older property that has apparently undergone a pretty extensive renovation. My room was a decent sized King suite with a smaller bathroom. Cleanliness was excellent and everything was in good condition.

The bed was comfortable and had a new 2014 Serta Quality Elite III mattress, it's not too firm or too soft, I'd say it's just about right and should appeal to a lot of travelers IMO. Pillows left a lot of be desired though, they are too small, lumpy and soggy.

Room had a microwave, fridge and a smaller LCD TV with a decent selection of channels. Honestly I felt the TV was a way too small for a suite, it's probably a 32" or so and hard to see from the bed.

WIfi worked well and was pretty fast, speed tests showed around 9Mbps download speeds.

AC unit was very loud and annoying, it was far too loud to run during the evening and still be able to sleep.

I did not use any of the hotels amenities but I did see a pool, sauna, guest laundry and pool table while I was looking around.

All in all I thought this hotel was fine, it's clean, comfortable and updated but for $100+ a night that's the least amount I expect from any hotel. I don't really see where they are going above and beyond the average property. If the hotel were $60 - $70 a night perhaps I'd be a little more generous in my rating but for $100+ it was just OK for me.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank AlCzervik1
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Have stayed hereseveral times on business trips to Davenport, IA. Very close to I-80 if you are just passing through. Rooms are updated and clean. Front desk staff is courteous and helpful. Breakfast is standard, but will do in a pinch. Has a pool and pool table for kids. Never encountered too much noise or disturbance.

I can only really comment on the rooms as I did not use other amenities. I think for the price, the hotel gets it right. Have not tried the nearby restaurants, which are mostly chain brands. I usually go into Rock Iland for food and drink-- they have a nice, small downtown near the concert venue with some craft beer bars.

Overall, QI on Brady is nice, clean dependable hotel to stay in for a couple of nights.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
South Sioux City
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Staff was very friendly and professional. Room was clean with fridge and microwave. The breakfast here is outstanding. Good hot food selection. Nice indoor pool with no hot tub. This Quality Inn is located just off Interstate 80 on the north edge of Davenport. The mall and downtown area are about 3-4 miles away.

Room Tip: Three levels but there is an elevator.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dubuque, Iowa
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Was very pleased with my stay here...décor of the hotel was refreshing and nice..room was clean and comfortable and smelled good. Bed and Pillows were great. Front desk staff very friendly and smooth checkin and checkout. Breakfast adequate. Would highly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: upstairs in the middle was quiet
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JTN75
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Reviewed 8 July 2014

What an amazing experience! Our company was in the need of several rooms (14) for approximately two weeks, Barry made the experience painless. He was very thorough and responsive to all of our needs, prior, during and after our stay.

After the stay I was able to follow up with a few of the gentleman that stayed there and nobody had any issues with cleanliness or service. We will definitely be back and appreciate everything. Since our stay we have also used another Quality Inn & Suites in another city and were happy with them as well, they didn't have a Barry but we were pleased with the service.

Thanks for everything Barry, and we look forward to the new meeting room!

Amy R
IAIS

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Amy R
Union, Kentucky
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed on night on our way home after a western trip. We choose the Quality Inn from the Choice Hotels website. This particularly Quality Inn is serviceable if tired. The interior design was a bit different from standard hotels. The front desk staff was most helpful, including a good recommendation for dinner. The room was clean and the bathroom was clean as well. Breakfast was quite good and constantly refreshed.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple