“Desperation is the only reason to stay here”
Review of Quad City Inn

Quad City Inn
Ranked #26 of 26 Hotels in Davenport
Reviewed 16 July 2012

If there had been any other options at 2 am, I would have thought twice about staying here. After being told we were getting a renovated room, I felt somewhat less apprehensive. Upon entering the room, I was a little confused about their idea of renovated. The mattresses were very old and nothing felt clean. I did not see any evidence of bedbugs, but the thought of it made sleeping almost impossible. After three hours of trying to sleep, we finally gave up and hit the road again. I was afraid our vehicle would be broken into while we were there, and the stairs smelled like urine, the outside had a funny chemical smell and all I could think is "Is this what meth smells like?" I would not stay here again, sleeping in the car was more restful. The guy at the front desk was nice though, but I wish he would have warned me!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank ArizonaDreaming
There are newer reviews for Quad City Inn

Reviewed 21 May 2012

I stayed at this motel a couple of weeks ago planning to stay for a week and ended up leaving after a day!! The room I stayed in was absolutely repulsive it smelled of must and urine. The sheets looked like they haven't been washed since the place opened and the bed looked messy and un-made when I first walked in the door. Also I think most of the people staying here are living there, most were very sketchy looking. I'm suspecting my neghbrs were throwing a party because all night all I heard was loud music, people cussing, and other obscence sounds. Area is VERY run down I saw lots of girls in the parking lot, who I'm assuming were hookers, at all hours of the night and also saw suspected drug dealers. I spent most of the night looking out of my window at my car preying it wouldn't get broken into. Also the bathroom was rancid it smelled like a portapotty and there was mold in the shower. I will NEVER stay at this motel again, or any if the motels by it. I know it's cheap and I wasn't expecting much but safety is a big concern here I would suggest hiring quiet a fwlew body guards. The conditions were almost unbearable.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Adams420
Reviewed 15 December 2011

They did not make up the room daily and did not give a multiday discount. Sheets and towels were worn and thin. They have coffee in the office, but no breakfast. I was awoken by a 3:00 domestic dispute of other guests. In short, this place is over priced for what they offer.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank KumSoom
Reviewed 27 April 2011

was going to stay here long term but only stayed one night and that was enough to send me running. The rooms are in real bad shape, old style building. It took me forever to find them on tripadvisor because they where so bad Motel 6 dropped them and now are called Quad City Inn. Hotel is very cheap but there are much nicer places within literally a few dollars more and they offer things this hotel doesnt (only coffee here, thats it). I found a Days Inn and Travelodge across the street with just as good price but feel better value since both give breakfast, and felt just much safer thanks to not having the old outside doors to the rooms. Avoid at all costs.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Exlon
Reviewed 20 February 2011

This hotel used to be the Motel 6 and it is now the Quad City Inn,it is just like the motel 6 on a dirtier scale,the staff was nice,but,they really need to get on the ball about,linen cleanliness and also about unsupervised children running around all over the place and making all sorts of noise and also getting pet owners to pick up after their dog,would I stay here again? no,I would look around and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Arwen_Windwalker
qisgeneralmanager, Director of Sales at Quad City Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2011

I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay, we were just taking over the property and have made several improvements since your stay in February. We have renovated 30% of the rooms so far, with new carpet, new painting, and some minor changes in the bathrooms. We have also been working with our guests to make the property more appealing to travelers.

We also have purchased all brand new linens for the hotel as of this month, and have put in new Queen beds in our Queen Rooms.

We are still in the process of renovating the property, and would like to invite you back to try us out again. Our return guests are very happy with what they are seeing take place with this old Motel 6 property.

Reviewed 14 July 2010

I'm on a budget and chose this hotel based on the price, but it is dirty and I would recommend paying the extra money to stay somewhere else. The carpet is stained so badly I was afraid to walk barefoot, there was a dead bug lying on its back in the middle of the bathroom floor, someone had left a bracelet thing behind the toilet (I guess the cleaning crew missed that although it was big enough for me to notice), the queen bed was noticeably sagging in the middle and uncomfortable to sleep in. My neighbors were noisy, there appear to be people living in this motel as evidenced by the mini-charcoal grill outside of one room which had cereal and junk food on the window sill. I'd been in my room for about an hour when the front desk called to see how my room was -- a mild attempt to be customer service oriented -- I asked if there was a way to adjust the thermostat which was broken, crossed off with a sharpie and set to either 50 or 80 degrees. Get this -- the front desk girl suggested that if it got too cold that I should turn the A/C off! Rather than to get up and walk on the dirty carpet while half asleep to turn on/off the A/C I slept cold. Not pleasant. A very run down place with a unclean feel.

Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank Thea Y
Reviewed 11 July 2010

I have stayed at this motel 6 several times including just recently (July 9) and it just seems to be getting more worn down each time. I don't expect much for the price to begin with, i am only there to sleep. For me personally I have never had any problems with the place or the people who work there but it is obvious they have not made any improvements to the place in years and have no intention to.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo